PDA

View Full Version : New here!

lovey dovey
May 11th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Hello, everyone! I'm new to this site - making my way over from IG. We'll be TTC another girl this summer.

nuthinbutpink
May 11th, 2011, 03:59 PM
:welcome:

Zivic-Bubac
May 11th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Hi and welcome!:wave:
Lots of great info here, enjoy! :happy:

TTC5
May 11th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Welcome!

My Fabulous Children
May 12th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Welcome.

indigoviolet
May 12th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Welcome!:heart:

lovey dovey
May 12th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks, everyone!

Flava
May 12th, 2011, 10:47 AM
http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/708/708718jtpif35jly.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

puppydogstails
May 12th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Hi lovey dovey. Welcome :) Did you sway for your first daughter? Just out of intrest?

SugarSpice&EverythingNice
May 12th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hi mama! yes if you swayed would you PLEASEEEEE share your story? :)

lovey dovey
May 12th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Hi mama! yes if you swayed would you PLEASEEEEE share your story? :)

You bet! I did sway with my daughter. I wrote down a few of the details in another post today, so I'll copy and paste:

I did supplements (cranberry, calcium, magnesium + prenatal and folic acid) plus diet for six weeks. I stuck to the diet (which was VERY different from the way I usually eat) really quite well. I would hold off on breakfast until about 10:30 - 11:00 and then would have a strawberry smoothie (1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt, 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries, 10-12 ice ****s, and 6+ packets equal in blender - it makes enough for two big glasses, so I'd always freeze one to thaw and eat the next day) every morning. These are really yummy and I never got tired of them - they motivated me to stick with it! The rest of my meals would revolve around calcium-enriched pasta (in purple box), egg beaters, white rice, crystal light, green beans, cucumbers, chicken, corn flakes, strawberries, raspberries, low-sodium bread, unsalted butter and a little parmesan here and there. There were probably a few other foods in there that I can't recall off of the top of my head, but those were the biggies. I drank some milk, but didn't over-do it, either. I wanted to be sure it didn't add to much of the boy-friendly minerals to my sway. I don't care for the taste of yogurt, so the only time I ate it was mixed in a smoothie. For timing, we abstained for a week or more before we began our sway and then did frequent bd (am and pm) for a couple of days until I had a smiley face on my OPK. I didn't use replens or anything like that, but I did use sudafed before bd and I did get up and use the bathroom right away - no hip propping. I was down about 10 lbs from when I had conceived my boys (from chasing them, I suppose) when I started the diet. I lost about 5 more lbs on the diet. I'm not a very big person to begin with, so that was a significant amount of weight for me. My husband didn't really do much to sway - I think he cut back on caffeine around O and took a couple of hot baths, but that was it. I tried to put my effort into diet and supplements and didn't worry about the rest. I get stressed easily and so that's what worked best for me. We left the rest in God's hands and prayed!

I remember taking: Target brand prenatal (had 200 mg. calcium, 800 mg. folic acid, and no magnesium), 2 tablets/day Nature's Bounty cranberry (CVS), 1000 mg. calcium carbonate (CVS), 250 mcg. magnesium oxide (CVS), and 400 mg. folic acid

Hope this helps!

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Brilliant! Thanks for sharing and WELCOME!!

DoulaMama
May 14th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Welcome!!! :wave: Good luck with your pink sway!

Rose
May 15th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Welcome!

Sunset
May 15th, 2011, 04:44 PM
welcome!