PDA

View Full Version : Timing Questions

RedCanoe
May 11th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hi Dr. P,

My littlest guy is 3 1/2 months and I'm considering HT for a girl in the not too distant future (I'm 33). I have some questions about timing, as I'm starting to think about it:

1. What is the shortest amount of time you would recommend waiting after a pregnancy to cycle (6m? a year?)

2. I'm breastfeeding and don't have my period back yet. I understand that I have to stop bf prior to cycling, but what is your policy on that? How long after I stop bf can I cycle/do pre-testing?

3. If my fresh cycle does not work, how long before I can do a FET (assuming I have frozen embies)? How long before I can do another fresh cycle?

Thanks!

Dr. Potter
May 28th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Hi Dr. P,

My littlest guy is 3 1/2 months and I'm considering HT for a girl in the not too distant future (I'm 33). I have some questions about timing, as I'm starting to think about it:

1. What is the shortest amount of time you would recommend waiting after a pregnancy to cycle (6m? a year?)
Ideally, 6 months or more. The absolute minimum is 3 months.

2. I'm breastfeeding and don't have my period back yet. I understand that I have to stop bf prior to cycling, but what is your policy on that? How long after I stop bf can I cycle/do pre-testing?

You should stop BF and have a spontaneous period.

3. If my fresh cycle does not work, how long before I can do a FET (assuming I have frozen embies)? How long before I can do another fresh cycle?

Next cycle, no waiting for frozen cycles is needed.

Thanks!
See answers above!