PDA

View Full Version : No cm in pregnancy = girl?

meeks32
July 31st, 2013, 11:48 PM
I'm trying to waste time between scans by distracting myself with old wives tales.

Does anyone think no cm in pregnancy means girl?

With ds 1 and 2 while ttc and during pregnancy I had LOADS of cm. This time I have nothing at all.

myrainbowgirl
August 1st, 2013, 12:21 AM
Meeks, we chatted about this in our thread awhile back, but I am totally in the same boat! Although I can't say I've had absolutely nothing, it is so minimal it is practically nothing...a MAJOR difference from all 3 boys' pregnancies. I am wondering the exact same thing and just keep thinking it HAS to mean something! (Holding onto hope, of course. :))

meeks32
August 1st, 2013, 05:58 AM
Bump

Waiting4Daisy
August 1st, 2013, 06:06 AM
Deleted

Dreamofpink
August 1st, 2013, 06:56 AM
Sorry Meeks but I had none with my first two boys and loads with this one. My mum had loads with me & my sis :( I don't think it means anything although I wish it did!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

meeks32
August 1st, 2013, 07:38 AM
I just find it interesting that its supposed to mean something while swaying, yet not in pregnancy...

Dreamofpink
August 1st, 2013, 07:51 AM
I just find it interesting that its supposed to mean something while swaying, yet not in pregnancy...

Yep I totally agree!!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

BeadinMom
August 1st, 2013, 09:40 AM
I think it's a great question & I hadn't even thought about it till you mentioned it...
I definitely don't have as much CM this time around.
Should be very interesting to see if it actually means anything.

oxox2013
August 1st, 2013, 12:11 PM
Oh man I hope it doesnt mean anything! I didnt have much with my first two, but I have tons with this one!!

Ktiguewantspink
August 1st, 2013, 12:33 PM
I had none with my two boys and tons with this pregnancy(girl). So maybe it doesn't correlate to gender but to having an opposite sex this time! Just trying to shed some hope your way! I hope it means something for you!

Ribenaberry
August 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I had loads with both my girls

Xxx

onthepond
August 7th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Well I am not a ton of help because I am on progesterone this time and don't yet know what we're having, but when I was pregnant with our DD I didn't have much CM at all that I can remember!

Mrs.tinkerbell
August 13th, 2013, 02:53 AM
I also had lots with my son and nothing this time. However ive been on girl diet and didnt have any. With my son I was on boy diet so had lots. I think its best to convince yourself ypur having opposite to what you want that way the disappointment hopefully won't be very bad. Good luck.

Kidsx7
August 22nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
I was just wondering this myself! I don't remember from all my kids, but I clearly remember having loads of cm last time (was always running to the bathroom with him to make sure I wasn't bleeding) and this time nothing!

Hokievol
September 19th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I had loads with my daughter.

atomic sagebrush
September 19th, 2013, 01:56 PM

That's because what you get during pregnancy is NOT CM. The discharge you have during pregnancy is totally different, it's the residue from your body making and maintaining the mucus plug that blocks the cervix. The discharge you have during pregnancy is specially designed to keep sperm OUT (as is all vaginal goo when you are making lots o' progesterone.)

EWCM is 100% different stuff all together, you get EWCM when you are high in estrogen, low in progesterone, prior to ovulation. It's meant to allow sperm to swim thru it easily and enter the uterus and tubes - exact opposite of what that discharge you get when pg is.

I see this is an older thread, if ever there is a question that seems like I could possibly answer I would love it if you guys message me with a link - I can't keep up with all the forums so I have to rely on you for a heads up if there is something folks are wondering about that I can answer. :)

atomic sagebrush
September 19th, 2013, 01:57 PM
oh and to answer the question I had plenty with my dd, no difference with the boys

atomic sagebrush
September 19th, 2013, 02:13 PM
also for later readers who have stumbled onto this thread, the original poster is having a girl

meeks32
September 20th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Yes I am, apparently!! EEEEK

Thanks atomic, for the clarity, that explanation makes complete sense.

Interestingly (and apparently this means nothing) I am still getting no cm this pregnancy, or 'discharge' as we now know to call it. With the boys I had loads. But I do totally get the difference and I had loads of EWCM when ttc the boys too, and not much this time.

I got excited recently (oh the fun of swaying) when I got some discharge after eating some boy friendly foods, I thought my body was finally going back to normal. Not so, just thrush it turned out!! Hahaha

3littleladies
September 21st, 2013, 08:58 PM
Ive always got loads of cm so no I cant say no cm = girl, sorry