PDA

View Full Version : September Babies Continued

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Thorz300
August 1st, 2013, 08:16 AM
Ok I guess we need to continue on in a new thread.....

Welcome back Diva!! I'm so glad you found your way back here lol!

So Im starting to get worried. I feel my baby bump isn't getting any bigger, and I cant gain weight even though I try. I have only gained 1 lb in the last 6 weeks. So much for me worrying about gaining too much. Now Im trying everything I can to eat foods that will help me gain, including ENSURE those drinks for older people to help them with their health. I drink 3 or 4 a day on top of my normal eating. I guess my dr will do a scan next time if my uterus hasn't grown. But she is still moving around like crazy so that gives me hope.

Waiting4Daisy
August 1st, 2013, 08:20 AM
Aw remember thorz even though your bump hasn't grown doesn't mean she hadn't grown. I never carried much water in my bumps so they were always smaller but bump all baby. Please try not to worry.

Wanting-a-girl
August 1st, 2013, 08:56 AM
i swear you could be on the show i didnt even know i was pregnant lmao ;)

I have carried all my babies basically the same alto with my first i didnt show til 6 mnoths and i didnt get that big i think maybe something to do with being 16

I will miss our old thread... ;)

Salsa
August 1st, 2013, 10:00 AM
Wow-I guess we talk a lot to have to start a new thread!! Lol
Don't worry Thorz, everyone is so different. I've had many friends that have been so tiny but still have average to large babies come out!

Wanting-a-girl
August 1st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Totally agree my friend looked very small too and had a 10lber lol...

I can't believe my baby will be here this month! Omg where did the time go? 26 more sleeps!

I'm excited to not be pregnant! Usually I really like pregnancy but this one has really changed my mind lmao! So I'm very physically ready for him... As I have everything under the sun for him... Still working on the mental aspect of that lol... In the back of my head I know Ezra will be fine but I'm still very worried... I feel like I'm gonna break his heart :(

DLTAG89
August 1st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Well aren't we a bunch of chatterboxs :bigsmile:

Thorz I know it's not as much as you but I've not put anything on in the past 2 weeks and I had a scan on mon and according to that she weighs 3lb 9oz. Not quite sure if I believe it but its a little bit of reassurence.

Wanting-a-girl
August 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
I havnt put any weight in either the past two weeks lol yay! Also my baby dropped last night like crazy! There is a very big empty space now... And he's all squished at the bottom lol... He best not be making any plans to come early!

DLTAG89
August 1st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Ok so was getting a pain on sat. Had a scan on mon and she was breech. Had the same pain yesterday and now she has hiccups and I can feel them very low down ( on my right side near my . . Hair line) does this mean she's turned???

Wanting-a-girl
August 1st, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mines head down and I always feel his hiccups low ... So maybe :) when's your next appt?

divakotka
August 1st, 2013, 01:03 PM
Thorz -- I lost 4lbs in the last month and have only gained 12.5lbs total this pregnancy, and yet my little dude is ginormous. They tend to take what they need. :) I hope you can get a growth scan and that it will ease your worries.

Thorz300
August 1st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks ladies I am sure everything is fine, but I am constantly worrying because I didn't have any blood tests or amnio or any type of testing for abnormalities other than normal ultrasounds, so I am constantly worrying something is wrong and that she will have downs or something. Its probably because with all my other babies, I had the blood tests done and knew everything was ok. This time around they only offered the Maternyt21 but my insurance wouldn't pay for it because I am under 35, we didn't have $500 for a blood test so we didn't do it.

Wanting-a-girl
August 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM
They don't do NT blood work? I get it done at 12 and again at 16 weeks... I skipped the 16 week one this time...

Wanting-a-girl
August 1st, 2013, 01:33 PM
I have gained 40 flipping pounds! And that's with not gaining anything for the first three months! Lol I honestly don't know where I'm packing it cause I can't really tell... Must be in my ass and thighs... Which is the hardest place to lose :(

Thorz300
August 1st, 2013, 01:36 PM
nope, the only blood they have taken from me was for my blood glucose test. I have No IDEA if she is healthy or not. I just have a sinking feeling that something isn't right, but it might just be because I have no idea this time. I have gained 25 lbs and still have 7.5 weeks to go so if I actually start gaining weight again, my guess is I'll get to around 40! WAG I cannot believe how close you are to having your little man! I am still so so so far away....52 more days!

Wanting-a-girl
August 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM
I think everything is going to be fine with her thorz... Try not to worry yourself

I know! 26 more sleeps at most it's insane! Times been going so fast for me!

fish2012
August 1st, 2013, 02:57 PM
Thorz no one in uk has bloods done unless there is history of issues or something shows on a scan don't stress sure she's fine!

I havn't put on much last few weeks (I have put on loads so far!) think end 2nd trimester is a big growth spurt so probably not a issue

Thorz divas right babies will stuck you dry for what they need sure she's fine and dandy xxx

ladylaura1990
August 1st, 2013, 04:02 PM
Ladies I wpuldnt wprry about weight gain, im sure you all look beautiful and blooming. Ive gained around 16 lbs this pregnancy and im 33 weeks, my last pregnancy I topped well over 40lbs!!
Ive had a stressful but exciting week, front garden has had a full makeover, aswell as oir bedroom jas been started on by the other half, just deciding on a wallpaper. Aswell as news of a new batgroom and kitchen being fitted in 18days!! Cant wait to put the babys cot up thats my aim at the moment, but it can all wait as im off on my holidays on Saturday :) a week camping xx

Salsa
August 1st, 2013, 07:42 PM
Sounds like exciting times for you ladylaura!
I still have 3 sick kids on antibiotics. 2 with pneumonia and 1 with a shocking ear infection (which actually resulted in a ruptured eardrum in one ear) but they seem to have turned the corner so hopefully the ab's are working!!
Wag you don't have long!! All being well, if bubs is looking ready I'll be induced on the 30th of aug. so exactly 4 wks today I'll be at the hospital probably getting the gel put in as we speak!! 28 more sleeps for me!! Soooooo excited!
I just cannot wait to see her little face and see what she looks like, and to hold her..... I'm usually sad at this point in pregnancy as it all comes to an end, but I'm sooooooo ready for her to come I just want her out!! Lol I'm finding my day to day jobs very tedious and boring as I'm on constant count down. I count down everything.... Only 4 more times to go swimming lessons, only 4 more dancing lessons and so on!! Haha I tell you, it's actually making the time go slower but I can't help myself!! Haha

Mum to three girls
August 1st, 2013, 10:39 PM
Thorz, I'd try not to worry until a definite issue has been noted on a scan. Which is easier said than done, I know, but bump size is such a variable thing.

Wanting-a-girl
August 1st, 2013, 10:42 PM
Well I went and bought some dates... They look terrible they taste alright.. I'm not a fan of the texture...but I'm gonna suck it up and eat six a day like in the study :)

The effect of late pregnancy consumption o... [J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21280989)

DLTAG89
August 2nd, 2013, 03:57 AM
I don't see the midwife till I'm 34 weeks which is 11 days away (13 aug). I'm going mad not knowing which was up she is, monitoring every slight movement as keep seeing if I can feel where her head is.

I'm counting down the days too but if still feels like ages away and I know I'm only going to get worse nearer the end. 51 days till my due date.

Salsa glad to hear your little ones are on the mend, sounds like its been a rough time with them all being poorly.

Wanting-a-girl
August 2nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
About to take my second "does" of dates lol it really grosses me out to eat them lol but they are sooooo cheap only 70 cents for like 30 lol

I've been having two cups of the tea a day now...

My Braxton's are getting ridiculous... Praying that means he will come before Induction day :) but not before 38 weeks preferably

fish2012
August 2nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Oh wag of to buy dates!

Clary sage is also supposed to be good but I've not looked into it at all!

Hopefully 19 days till induction for me ;-)

Wanting-a-girl
August 2nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
I remember reading about it when I first got pregnant and there were som negatives that I didn't like... I don't remember what those were but then I stopped reading about it

What about the black cohosh or whatever it's called? Is that dangerous to baby?

The study on the dates altho it was a small study seemed very compelling to me... So fingers crossed for a 38 weeker :) I want to miss my 38 week ob appt cause DH is working days and I would have to bring kids and it would be a cervical check appt and I just don't want to have to do that lol

Wanting-a-girl
August 2nd, 2013, 12:32 PM
So either fish or southern will be first to have their babe

Thorz300
August 2nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Hmmm, maybe I'll try blending up some dates in my ensue drinks and make a shake out of it. I'll try anything. I ordered my rlt online im I'm 32 weeks. Depending on what my dr says, I might start EPO at 35 weeks and I'll throw some dates in the mix too.

fish2012
August 2nd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Thorz sounds like a plan date and pineapple smoothie anyone ;-s

Wanting-a-girl
August 2nd, 2013, 03:11 PM
I've been buyi pineapples and aomg I can eat them I can feel the heartburn befor I swallow lol

DLTAG89
August 2nd, 2013, 03:16 PM
Oh what do dates do. I love dates too :-)

Wanting-a-girl
August 2nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
I posted the link to the study on page 2

fish2012
August 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Clary sage seems to be linked with fetal distress ;-(

http://www.antenatalonline.co.uk/pregnancy/pregnancy.asp?Page=natural-induction-labour

Also looks like pineapple waste of time ;-s

Mum to three girls
August 2nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
I remember reading about it when I first got pregnant and there were som negatives that I didn't like... I don't remember what those were but then I stopped reading about it

What about the black cohosh or whatever it's called? Is that dangerous to baby?

The study on the dates altho it was a small study seemed very compelling to me... So fingers crossed for a 38 weeker :) I want to miss my 38 week ob appt cause DH is working days and I would have to bring kids and it would be a cervical check appt and I just don't want to have to do that lol

My ob is keen for me to be examined then too. I've organised DH's work day so he starts a bit later for my 38, 39 and 40 appointments so I can be examined in peace! It's the school hols when I'm 39 weeks and I can't think of anything worse than trying to be examined with three little girls stomping around.

I am so excited about some of you actually having babies this month!

Wanting-a-girl
August 2nd, 2013, 10:17 PM
Ya I'm not doing anything related to fetal distress :s not worth it...
Pineapple is def a waste of time lol I tried it with ds3 I ate many pineapples lol

I'm gonna start having lots of sex... Since we've been doing it only like once a week lately cause I'm a flipping cow and can't move properly if u know what I mean lmao so maybe it will help out... The tea.... The dates....

I just looked at the calendar... I can't believe I'm full term in 11 sleeps very soon to be ten seeinghow it's almost 1030 pm... (hyper-ventilating) lol I personally don't think I will make it til induction day just cause I'm always chasing Ezra around

Mum to three girls
August 2nd, 2013, 11:45 PM
I had such a funny conversation the other day. I was picking up the girls from ballet and I'd worked that day, it was late and I was carrying the toddler and I was tired. One of the other school mums was there waiting for her daughter - she has three or maybe four daughters - and sort of rushed towards me saying "OMG, you're having a BOY aren't you?!" She was really over the top and when I said yes she said "I can always tell. Women are just so PRETTY when they're carrying girls and your whole face just looks SO different this time". While I was trying to process this and not smile she said "It's not that you look AWFUL this time or anything..." but clearly wanted me to know she thought I looked hideous.

I was perfectly gracious anyway and thought at the time that she probably was still dealing with her own GD.

I'm having a lovely afternoon catching up with child free chores - DH has been working loads lately and I'm well overdue some "me" time.

fish2012
August 3rd, 2013, 02:39 AM
Ha ha mum it's jealousy interesting theory thou I've felt really well with my boy preggies and like he'll this time! a women bet me a fiver on the supermarket this week that I was having another boy should have taken her up on it ;-s

Mum to three girls
August 3rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
I can't honestly say that there's much different about this pregnancy than the others. Early on I had much less morning sickness but everything else thereafter has been pretty similar. In spite of snide school mums my appearance hasn't been any different either. My bump is pretty much the same, although bigger but I'm sure the body gives up a bit by the 4th.

I'm quite enjoying it though, it's the absolute last pregnancy so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can.

Thorz300
August 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
Mum, its funny what people say. The lady at Walgreens is always telling me she thinks I am having a boy!!!

WAG you are so close!!

Lol I was just talking to DS1 about how I am going to miss him when he is in school all day long. And DS2, overhearing the conversation said, "Don't worry mom, I will be here for you!" He hugs me and gives me a kiss and continues, "I'll take care of you when the baby comes, now I am going to have 2 princesses to love!!"
That settles it, I am keeping him home and not starting him in kindergarten early (we have been trying to decide if we should start him early because he just barely missed the age deadline and he is ready)!!!! My boys are so so so loving and sweet and good to me, I am such a lucky momma!!!

DLTAG89
August 3rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Aw Thorz that's so sweet, your boys sound so lovely. I'm lucky if I get a few grunts out of mine.

Thanks for the wag bought some dates today so ill be giving them a go too.

Well getting loads of pressure down there today it feels like she's kicking my cervix every now and again. I even get a pain in my back when she does it. I don't think she's breech anymore but I also don't think she has a certain position and is just spinning around.

Wanting-a-girl
August 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Last night I was sitting on the couch and the baby was moving and a little I mean little gush of fluid came and I freaked out thinkin my water broke... But then only like little drips don't know if I could classify them as drips even are coming... Like I keep getting wet... It's not discharge I don't think cause it's clear... I put on black underwear to make sure lol... But I figured if it was my water that contractions would have started

Wanting-a-girl
August 3rd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Well I went and got checked out cause people kept insisting and my tests are all neg for fluid :D I'm only 1cm so that's disappointing :(.... She said my baby is small by the looks of it too... Which I would love him to be in the 7s

fish2012
August 3rd, 2013, 05:39 PM
Oh daltag fx that would be fab!

Thorz your boys sound soo cute!

Here's my small monkey in the sun he got so many cute comments from passers by ds1 was beginning to get a bit narky ;-s

Mum23 I'm sure you're remove my delusion that a girl is gonna be so much less hectic ;-)

Wag dates make me wanna puke lol! Eaten my 6 today it was a battle taking one epo orally and one Internally....also looked up acupressure points anyone else tried that?!

fish2012
August 3rd, 2013, 06:07 PM
Wag 1cm that's good do you know tmi alert! - I've thought I could smell fluid a couple of times but thought I must just be extra crazy lol

Glad everything okay xx

Wanting-a-girl
August 3rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Well. Still feel like I'm constantly wet... So I'm still a tad freaked but we will see I guess lol... I hate going to the hospital and wasting my time and theirs... I would much rather spend my last days with Ezra... I'm gonna miss it being just me and him basically... I know Ive got two older ones but they are older lol

fish2012
August 3rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Oh odd did they tell you to go back if it continued? He'll love having a best bud don't stress xx

Wanting-a-girl
August 3rd, 2013, 09:51 PM
She said it must be cervical fluid... She did three different tests to see if it was fluid... I'm highly doubting its my bladder all of a sudden plus it doesn't smell like pee at all

fish2012
August 4th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Hmmm guess she must be right unsettling thou

Tree
August 4th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Sorry to butt in, but Wanting a Girl just thought it might be useful to know the ph of the waters is very different to the ph of pee and cervical fluid. Can't remember if higher or lower... But google can answer that. Ph strips are cheap and easy to use and might offer a bit of reassurance if you're worried.

Mum to three girls
August 4th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Oh daltag fx that would be fab!

Thorz your boys sound soo cute!

Here's my small monkey in the sun he got so many cute comments from passers by ds1 was beginning to get a bit narky ;-s

Mum23 I'm sure you're remove my delusion that a girl is gonna be so much less hectic ;-)

Wag dates make me wanna puke lol! Eaten my 6 today it was a battle taking one epo orally and one Internally....also looked up acupressure points anyone else tried that?!

That is such a cute pic!

Obviously I don't know any different but I don't think there's a huge difference between boys and girls in terms of how busy they are. At least, not while they're young. I do know some girls who adore playing with their hair, dolls etc for hours on end but my girls, and most of their friends, are out there climbing trees and riding bikes whenever they can. Admittedly my eldest delights in finding "fairy caves" in tree hollows but happily gets filthy "cleaning them out". I wouldn't even describe them as "Tom boys", most of the little girls I know are like that.

Thorz, that is adorable!

WAG, it's TMI but I've had the odd gush here and there and it freaks me out. I'm sure it's not amniotic fluid if all the testing is clear but it must be a bit scary.

I've still got a cold and cough, only mildly unwell in the grand scheme of colds but my bump is so high that it feels like my lungs are a bit squished anyway and of course the whole viral chest infection makes things worse. DH reckons I'm not breathing deeply enough which is easier said than done when the top of my uterus is ridiculously close to the bottom of my boobs!

DLTAG89
August 4th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Wag I've had a similar thing over the past week. It's happened twice at really random times. Just a load of, water/fluid that's soaked my underwear (sorry tmi) and then nothing again for a few days or so.

Fish your little man is so cute, his hair is just gorgeous too.

fish2012
August 4th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Daltag so many people say its wasted on a boy ;-(

Wanting-a-girl
August 4th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Well I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one lol.... It's pretty sad that I don't know if I'm peeing myself or leaking lol how embaressng lmao... O well I would prefer to know he's okay... I do have some ph strips so I could try that...but ya all three tests were neg so I'm not too worried

divakotka
August 4th, 2013, 12:26 PM
WAG -- that happened to me at 38 weeks with my last pregnancy. It was one single gush and nothing else afterwards but for an hour or so I was convinced my water had ruptured. Sort of embarrassing...
Also (and even more embarrassing), a friend of mine started having lots of sex at the end of her pregnancy to get things going. She ended up going to the hospital where they told her that she was just leaking a lot of residual seminal fluid. Lol!!!

On a different note, is anyone here planning on a water birth? Or has anyone had one before? I think I'll give it a try this time since the hospital I am delivering at is equipped for water births and they do them routinely. I'm pretty excited! :cool:

fish2012
August 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Hey diva I wanted a water birth with ds2 but arrived too late for them to fill the pool, wanted a home water birth this time lol! so now I'm looking at induction I know they are not keen to let you after induction but I'm really stressed about tearing so gonna push for it for first stage. Three friends have had water birth and much less tearing so I'm really keen to try

DLTAG89
August 4th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Aw fish, how awful. Not wasted at all :)

Diva I really wanted a water birth with ds2 so went to a birth centre in the hopes of getting one but ds2 didn't want to wait around so they didn't have chance to run the bath. Fingers crossed for this time but I'm not holding my breath.

fish2012
August 4th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Okay sorry back to the dates!!! Struggling as hate them anyone an easy date recipe? All the ones I find only use a tiny amount ;-s

Daltag IMO better on a boy my sil has same hair and spends hours straightening it ;-s

divakotka
August 4th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Hmmm...I am thinking of inducing but only through rupturing of membranes (no pit!!!) and only if I am past 39 weeks, 4cm, and 100% effaced on my own. We don't have any family nearby and even though we have great and supportive neighbors, it'd be complicated to have someone come over in the evening or the middle of the night to stay with our boys, should I go into labor during those times.

If it wasn't for that, I'd be dead set against induction.

I just found out that part of the hospital's care while I am there is massage therapy for mom and baby (included in your stay). Woot woot!!!

Thorz300
August 4th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Fish did you try making a milk shake out of them with other flavors like peach or strawberry?

DLTAG89
August 4th, 2013, 03:58 PM
diva i'm in the same boat we have no family nearby and i only have 2 friends within a 10 min drive where i can leave the boys when i go into labour. I'm panicing like crazy that if they are busy or i cant get hold of them ill have to go it alone as DH will have to stay with them. Also they have 3 children of their own so are often out and about. Needless to say with having quick labours im very worried about it.

Fish i've just bought some dates, not tried them yet but how about dipping them in chocolate, or is that a bit gross lol

divakotka
August 4th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I don't think I'll try the dates but we eat Larabars very frequently and those are made with dates and nuts. They are a little pricey (10 for $10 in the US) but quite healthy and tasty.

dltag -- my last labor was just about four hours and I consider that pretty fast when it comes to making sure your kids are taken care of and getting to the hospital. I had about 45 min at home going from a few contractions and wondering whether it was labor to full-blown transition and then thankfully only a 7-minute drive to the hospital. But it all started at 1-2 am! Are you close to the hospital? I think that in general, inductions are also less risky with your 2nd and 3rd babies...especially if you can avoid pitocin or other drugs.

Wanting-a-girl
August 4th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Lol that would be soooo embaressng to go and find out ur just leaking semen lol

I would love to try a water birth! But it's not an option where I am and im not into riskinging my babe for a home birth

Dates are pretty terrible! I am just gonna suck it up tho.. It's only 6 a day ... But they are pretty bad.. I don't like the texture one bit

DLTAG89
August 4th, 2013, 05:06 PM
My last labour was also 4 hours and i didnt realise it was proper labour for about 30mins, it took us 20mins to drop DS1 off, 40min to drive to the hospital and then i was in hospital about an hour or so before ds2 was born so pretty pushed for time and DH was also at home at the time. His work is also about a 40min drive so we are really going to be pushed for time if this is another quick labour (DS1 was 6 hours).

I have 2 choices where to give birth too. The birth centre (40 mins away) where i really really want to go or the hospital (10min away) which isnt very nice but i know is going to be the better option but i'm really worked up about everything. If only i knew what time and date baby was going to be born :)

Just tried a date too to see how bad they were and ewww, they look gross, feel gross and taste gross. I thought i liked them but i was very wrong, totally didnt realise they had stones in them and nearly broke my teeth, oops.

fish2012
August 4th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Daltag I have considered that... Might try it tomorrow! I've had them wrapped in bacon and cooked which is nice but would it still work?!?! Who knows ;-)

I'm really nervous about induction heard some horror stories, it is convient with other children and my dh has a two hour commute and my last labour was 2 hrs so good from that point of view too

Ah feel so near but so far at the mo!

Southern thinking of you hope all okay with your lill man

Thorz I hate milk lol was wondering about some type of smoothie but does that just prolong the pain!

Diva never heard of those will have to try a health food shop thanks

Ate a couple of choccies to take the taste away lol!

Also trying to eat liquorice have freaked myself out about the epo do not taking it at moment but am going to try to sort out some acupuncture tomorrow it's pricy thou ;-(

Wanting-a-girl
August 4th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Believe me induction is not as bad as people make it out to be! I did not find my contractions any worse infact I found ds2 to be my worst labour and it was only 30 minutes lol

I just want to go naturally before induction cause. Kinda want him to pick his date... Lol the element of surprise...

Wanting-a-girl
August 4th, 2013, 05:33 PM
I've been eating my dates with a glass of chocolate milk... It seems to help me

fish2012
August 4th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Totally off topic American ladies found a yummy recipe to use some black currants from the garden could you confirm is a graham cracker what we'd call a digestive biscuit? Sweet meal boring one generally improved by chocolate can be eaten with cheese board or is it actually a proper savoury cracker......it's for cheesecake base cheers xx

Wanting-a-girl
August 4th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't feel too bad about being freaked out about the primrose... It doesn't have any science backing it up anyways... But the dates sure do so keep eating them lol

Mum to three girls
August 4th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Diva, I had a water birth for DD3 and it was great. Although I didn't get the full benefit of it cos it was a longish second labour at nine hours and the midwives didn't want me getting in too early in case it stalled things. I was 5cm when we went into hospital and 7cm about four hours later. She was posterior though which is why it was a bit long. Once I got into the water though, it was great.

I love dates! From when are you all eating them? I'm only 32 weeks now so it's probably too soon.

I'm not sure what we'll do when I go into labour - we have really lovely neighbours who have all offered to help even if it means coming over in the middle of the night so we might have to all have a meeting when I'm term to sort things out. DH is a born organiser though so I'm not too worried yet. I've never been induced and would like to avoid it given this will hopefully be my VBAC but it would have huge advantages in terms of sorting the other kids out.

I'm finally getting a tiny bit nesty! I've gone though the old newborn clothes and picked out the ones that are mainly gender neutral although if the odd flowery baby gro sneaks through it doesn't matter. We need to get the double stroller sorted and get some new drawers for DD3 and that's it, I think.

Southern, is everything ok?

Wanting-a-girl
August 4th, 2013, 09:34 PM
The study is based on 6 a day for 4 weeks before due date so since I'm trying to beat that 39 week induction I started a week early

Wanting-a-girl
August 4th, 2013, 09:35 PM
What double stroller are you thinking of getting?

I've been think of southern a lot too! I wonder if her little man has made his entrance

divakotka
August 4th, 2013, 11:10 PM
I had an induction with DS1 at 36+3 because of pre-eclampsia and it really sucked. The pit made my contractions unbearable (maybe they gave me more because we were in a bit of a rush with my BP at 160/110) and I was tied to the bed pretty much. My natural birth with DS2 was completely different and so much better.
This time, they've even agreed to let me get a hep lock only (no saline, just iv access) along with intermittent fetal monitoring so I am free to move around any way I want, which is exactly what I want! They also okay with me drinking and possibly having a light snack if I feel like I need it).

I know things don't always go as planned, but if I can help it, I'd like to go without any tubes and needles going into my body (with DS1 I also ended up with a horrible kidney infection 3 days after birth). Fingers crossed I won't test positive for group b strep this Thursday when I'll also be getting my first internal!!!

When do they test for group b in the UK?

Oh and you can make your own Larabars pretty easily with dates if you have a good food processor. Just google "homemade larabars." Chocolate hazelnut is a good combo!

DLTAG89
August 5th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Is anyone else trying perennial massage?

I'm going to give it a go but not too sure at how many weeks to start. It says 36 weeks but with DS1 being 2 weeks early it could be the same this time so if i wait until 36 weeks i might not see a benefit if shes early, hmmm.

I dont think i had any tests for group b (im in the uk). I could have done tho, had 2 blood tests at about 12 and 30 weeks but i have no idea what they were for. My midwife is useless and thinks because i have 2 little ones already i should know every in and out of pregnancy, birth and babies.

fish2012
August 5th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Daltag think they only test you first preggie cause if you've got certain blood types it's not an issue,

I've been doing the massage for a couple of weeks now since about 33 working on theory with bad history and likely induction and some days when I just can't face it earlier cant do any harm!

Scan today bubba back to back anyone have tips for turning lill monkey dr said not to bother she'll turn in labour but I know that's not always true so think I may as well give it a try

Mum to three girls
August 5th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Fish, my DD2 was posterior and stayed that way, it wasn't the easiest labour but it wasn't the worst either. I tried everything position wise and nothing worked- sorry if that sounds pessimistic!

DLTAG, most public hospitals in NZ and Australia don't screen for group b strep (it's a vaginal swab) unless there are specific risk factors so the UK may well be the same.

WAG we have an old Phil and Ted pram from when DD1 was a baby that converts into a double pram quite easily. It needs new tires etc though and I'm hopeful DH will give in and we can get a new one. It was fine 6 years ago but I was barely driving then - where we lived back then I could walk everywhere I needed to go - and it's a bit awkward to collapse.

fish2012
August 5th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I've got a mountain buggy from ds2 it's lovely it doesn't go in the boot either hoping I shouldn't need it too much ds2 now 2 and 4 months but he's a lazy mite ;-)

Thanks mum23 bit worried about it combined with induction but sonographer said she was very mobile in my pelvis so fx she'll shift, ps my consultant assures me as I've had a baby before she'll move in labour so you must be confused ;-) oh or like two of my other friends whose 2nd babies didn't move! they aren't always right and sometimes they don't ;-( as I know guess I may as well try!

Wanting-a-girl
August 5th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I actually havnt looked into the massage... I think I might read about that now :) I havnt torn a smidge with my last 2 ...

Ive seen the Phil and Ted doubles it looks similar to my britax B-ready

fish2012
August 5th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Wag wishing I was on computer so I could send you some kinda smug e-motion ;-)

Then I wouldn't bother tbh ;-) when they stitch you up for some reason they give you the perineum of a teenager ;-s wouldn't mind but would be better if they asked if you planned on having another baby first as they're kinda dooming you to tears for ever more!

Wanting-a-girl
August 5th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Oooooo free vaginal tightening! Lol I want one! Not! Episiotomy is my biggest fear

fish2012
August 5th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Oh tears are worse IMO ;) worst worst was when they stitched me up asked dh for his opinion and then took them out and started again ;-(

6 dates then inversion to turn baby not good combo!!

Wanting-a-girl
August 5th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I had severe tares with ds1 he was vacuumed out :s I remember being in pain for quite some time! And I just thought o that must just be what it's like but then I had ds2 and I had 0 pain at all...

The dr asked dhs opinion! Lmao! Wow that made me laugh

DLTAG89
August 5th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Wow omg fish, cannot believe they asked your dh.

I had an episiotomy with ds1 and a bad 2nd degree tear with ds2 and I think the episiotomy was worse. The pain was worse being stitched after tearing but much quicker healing. I really will do anything to avoid tearing this time as to me the stitches afterwards are 10x worse than the birth.

I tried the perineal massage this afternoon but had a tough time reaching with bump in the way, really cant face asking dh to help tho.

I totally believe the episiotomy with ds1 doomed me too. If they didn't do that the first time I think I would have been a lot more intact in the future. There were is such a rush to get him out they pretty much dragged him out. He was born by vountruse too.

Is anyone else really panicking about the birth about labour? I don't remember being this worried with the boys.

Wanting-a-girl
August 5th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Hmmm I never felt my stitches and he was down there stitching for an hourish...

I have lots of anxiety about labour lol... I'm not looking forward to it at all...my labours seem to be super intense

Salsa
August 6th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Hi ladies, just got home from my OB appt, all is good, her head is down low and he said all is looking good to go! he is still very keen to induce at 38/39 wks! Me too!!! Wish it was sooner, but 3 wks will fly by I'm sure. Going for an ultrasound On thurs to check bubs size again, shes getting massive (even though my 2 hr gtt came back normal) so he just wants to keep an eye on her. I'm happy with that as I get to have another look at her and make sure she is still a she!!! Lol even though her 22wk and 30wk potty shots were so convincing I'm still scared a penis will pop out at delivery!! Lol if he doesn't like the look of anything then he will induce me sooner. So hopefully 3 more wks at the most for me!! Yay! Cannot wait to hold my little baby. I'm sooooooo ready!
I must be insane because I quite enjoy labour and delivery. I've had 3 wonderful experiences so I'm hoping this time is no different. I'm very lucky and have never needed stitches and barely do 2 pushes and out they come (even though they are all over 9lb and I'm not a big person) so I feel very blessed. Fingers crossed this time is no different

Mum to three girls
August 6th, 2013, 06:01 AM
This baby is looking to be big too, which is unusual for me. At 32 weeks he's apparently about 2.4 kg, my ob does the measurements herself but she was spot on with DD3. My systolic BP was up a bit but it's normal for me to have it a bit labile in the 3rd trimester but never turn into anything significant. Anyway, if he keeps growing like this (he's been big since 26 weeks and I don't have gestational diabetes) she wants to examine me at 38 weeks and induce me if things look favourable. Which is fine by me, I don't want to stress my Section scar too much and, much as I hate to say it, socially it'd be really helpful so I could sort out his sisters.

Anyway, it's still early days for me and I don't have another appointment for a couple of weeks so I'll try not to plan things I don't have any control over.

Southern Butterfly
August 6th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Hi ladies I am excited to announce that our precious baby boy is here!!!! He was born this morning after a quick 4 hour labor and as predicted he is HUGE weighing in at 6lbs 8oz! He had some respiratory problems and is in the NICU but I hope to be able to hold him again soon. I'm soooo incredibly in love. Will post pics soon.

Salsa
August 6th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Yay!!!! Congratulations Southern!!! What exciting news!!! What a great size!! Hope you are doing well. Can't wait to see some pics x x x x well done x x x

Wanting-a-girl
August 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Congrats southern :) he's a big boy! Can't wait to see pics!

Longingforgirl
August 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Hi ladies,

I just want to say hello again after months of not writing :hide: We were on vacation and ever since we came back I had been trying to catch up... I have been reading a lot on here but somehow never wrote anything myself...

Southern, congratulations on your little baby!! I hope he is going to be in your arms again very soon and everything will be going well enough for you to take him home soon. I cannot believe the first babies on this group are being born already. So exciting!! Perfect that he is not too tiny.
Huge congratulations again :celebrate:

divakotka
August 6th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Congratulations Southern!!! I had been wondering about you but this is wonderful news and so great you made it to 35 weeks! I am sure he'll be out of the NICU in no time. Can't wait to see pics. Rest up! :)

fish2012
August 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Southern whoop whoop big blue cheer hooray thats a very respectable weight hope you get to give him a big cuddle soon!

Mum to 3 and salsa exciting news! Think thorz should have restarted our new thread as the September pretenders seems like we could have a lot of August bubbas here! Pleased to hear all looks good!

Mum to three girls
August 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Congrats Southern! You did so well keeping him in for that extra month or so.

Wanting-a-girl
August 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM
No doubt lol I thnk three of us are having August babies lol

Thorz300
August 6th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Huge congrats southern!!! I'm so glad he was so big! I cannot wait to see pics!
It's crazy that our 1st baby of the group has been born! And so many of you guys are just around the corner!

I took a trip to Cleveland on Saturday, so in total I was in the car for more than 6 hours!!! When I got home my legs were so swollen and my veins were popping out, and they hurt so bad, called the dr and now I'm in compression hose (not very attractive lol) I had a superficial blood clot in my leg so dr talked to me about actually getting on EPO since I am anti meds during pregnancy. I'm not even quite 33 weeks so she wants me to only take 1 a day orally to help keep blood clots away! After 36 weeks I can up the dose and do vaginally if I want to but she said 1 a day at least. She isn't interested in progressing my labor after 36 weeks but if I want to I can. She is mostly concerned about my clots.

Southern Butterfly
August 6th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks so much ladies! Haven't had a chance to post pics because I've been doing kangaroo care with my little guy a lot today. He is breathing much better and has pinked up quite a bit and is already bfing like a little champ! He is in the regular nursery now but closely monitored.

Here is our sweet little Julian Sage :bigsmile:
(arg I don't know why I'm suddenly unable to post pics on this site anymore! My avatar is the pic I've been trying to post)

Mum to three girls
August 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Southern, you both look gorgeous.

Thorz, you are officially having a really tough pregnancy. Is your ob still worried about growth or do you have another appointment this week?

Wanting-a-girl
August 6th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Southern you look so beautiful! And the little man is soooo cute! I have wanted to name a baby julian since I was pregnant with my first!love it! Glad he's doing well!

fish2012
August 7th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Ah southern you do look so well and he's a sweetie congrats

Thorz poor you you've had such a rough ride, when's your growth scan I'm not sure how many weeks you are now but 36 can't be too much longer?

WantingPink
August 7th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Congrats Southern!! Can't believe how big he is and so glad he is doing well. Hopefully you will get to go home soon!!

I am going in for a C-section on Aug 19th which is only 12 days from now... the nursery is almost done and the car seat I ordered came today. Getting very anxious about the section!! Feeling quite large these days and starting to get uncomfortable and achey.

Thorz sorry you are having so many complications:(

Can't wait for everyone to start having their babies and posting pictures!!

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 02:52 AM
God three am and woken up from feeling nausas and stupid round ligament pains

7 more days til he's full term and I'm trying everything possible to evict him when that day rolls around... I'm so tierd of this pregnancy! I don't think I can hand 20 more days til induction... My other three boys treated me s well during pregnancy... My ony complaint with them could be heartburn

queen-bee
August 7th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Huge congrats Southern! Your little champ has been so good to his mummy and he's not very little too! Wow, this is our first 'September' baby! And more yet to come very soon. I am wishing for an August baby too. This has been such a long journey for me, just want this baby girl safe in my arms!
You are glowing, Southern! Enjoy your precious prince!

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Omg I'm having really bad constant period cramps for like two hours now! Anyone else? I never had this with my others... I'm hoping it's not a sign of labour today!

DLTAG89
August 7th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Wow huge congratulations southern and well done for keeping him in there for so long. He couldn't wait to meet his mummy :) Hes just perfect and you look so well too x

WAG i had that too about a week ago, it was there all day and didnt go so went into hospital to make sure things were not happening and they said they think it could just be growing pains, i've been getting them loads since too.

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Hmmm im doubtful that they'd re growin pains at tis stage... I wa thinking maybe he's engaging or something... I've lost loads of mucous plug this morning too when I first got out of bed.... Guess I will sit on my birth ball and see what happens through out the day

divakotka
August 7th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Southern -- you've got the best avatar out of all of us at this point. You guys look adorable!

WAG -- I hope it's nothing. I know you are anxious to be done with this pregnancy but the longer you cook him, the greater your chance at having a stellar feeder and sleeper!

Thorz -- I feel so bad for you. You've had a rough time so far. Hang in there....

I had my group b strep test and 36-week appointment today. I am 2cm dilated, 60-ish % effaced and baby is still high. I certainly welcome this but I know it doesn't mean much because I was the same at 36 weeks with DS2 and he wasn't born until almost 42 weeks, hehe.

Nonethless, I guess we've officially started the process! Because this baby is 85th percentile, my OB is willing to induce me between 39-40 weeks by breaking my water IF I have a great bishop score at that point. In fact, the hospital I'll be delivering at is attempting to decrease their c-section rate so they require you to be at least 39 weeks and have a bishop score of 10 before agreeing to let your OB induce you. Weird that they have that kind of authority to lay down rules but I have to admit that t's a step in the right direction and a better and more natural mindset towards childbirth.

Oh my OB also said I could start nipple stimulation at 38-39 weeks. :)

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Yes I have learned dialation means nothing basically lol... Ds1 36 weeks 1 cm born at 37 weeks... Ds2 5cm 35 weeks born at 41 weeks... Ds3 3 cm 36 weeks born by induction at 39 weeks... This baby 1 cm 35 weeks and we shall see what happens... I def want him to cook longer I don't want a premie!

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Southern he is so cute and you look so great! I can't wait to see more pics!!

Well my dr wanted to see me today because when I went in for the superficial clot, I didn't get to see her and just saw another dr in the practice, when my dr read the other Dr's notes, she called me to make sure I was ok. I casually mentioned I thought I had lost part of my mucus plug this morning but that it wasn't a big deal. She said well, why don't we have you come in and get checked really quick especially since I measured small last time. I went in, I am still measuring a week behind but at least not 2+ weeks behind anymore, and I have gained nearly 2 lbs in 2 weeks so that is good. She checked me and I am dilated to 2-3cm and 75% effaced. She is concerned since I am only 32 weeks. Back on bed rest I go and I have to be checked again in a week, If I have progressed more then they will put me on meds to slow things down. Ugh, I'm not worried at all because this happened to DS2 as well and I still ended up being induced!! I think I just always start the process early! Sounds like Im not the only one making progress, good luck to everyone!

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Wow looks like you will have a pretty quick labour when you go into it :)

Glad your measuring good..l I don't think a week behind is a big deal... Ive been a week or two behind with all my babes at some point and always have good sized babes :)

Bed rest sucks but your almost done :)

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 08:19 PM
yep im not worried as none of my kids have come early! Bed rest sucks, but I was already on it, so really not much has changed! Im so over being pregnant though. Hopefully I have enough to keep me busy to help it go by fast. Im crocheting 2 afghans for friends, DS1 starts school in 2 weeks so we have a meet the teacher and a back to school night, I also have a baby shower on Sat the 24th. Tomorrow DS3 has a 2.5 hour evaluation for his speech delay.....It is pretty bad, he is 2.5 years old and still cant say 2 word sentences and probably only has about 20-30 words in his vocab. After his evaluation he will probably be put in a speech therapy class, which I don't know how I will manage with bed rest. The good news is if he qualifies as having a severe enough delay, when he turns 3 in Feb, he will start a FREE preschool that is 4 days a week!!!! I know its bad, but I need for him to qualify for his sake of course, but also for my own. He is so so so so hard and destructive!!!

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Is his comprehension good? Cause if he's able to follow directions I wouldn't worry about the speech delay

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 08:45 PM
No it isn't good, he doesn't understand simple directions, or questions. If I ask him What is this? Or Who is this? He doesn't even understand that I am asking him a question. He just barely started understanding when I tell him to get a ball or a shoe. Poor kid, it is really frustrating for him. He is 2.5 but I feel like he is more on the level of 12-18 months.

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Maybe autism? I can't even ask ds3 to take something to the garbage... And you know my ds2 has quite severe autism so I know ds3 has it in a milder form... Do you notice anything weird when he plays? Does he like to play with other kids? Does he spin or fiddle things a lot? Tantrums?

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 08:52 PM
They don't think it is Autism. He plays and interacts just fine with his brothers, he wants to be just like them and near them always. He doesnt have any weird habits that I've noticed no spinning or fiddling or lining toys up. He throws lots of tantrums, but mostly because he is so frustrated with not being able to communicate properly. He is ALWAYS on the go, very very curious about everything and likes to take everything apart or brake things just for the sake of it.

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Well that's good! Social is a big thing! Anyways sorry to bring this up but it was your ds3 that heard you say your gong to the store and he went and buckled himself up right? That shows really good understanding I think!

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Nope that was DS2 he is 4. He is still in a 5 point harness car seat so he can get in all on his own bit he can't get out yet.

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Ooooo I see... My ds3 is basically just understanding, comprehension and speech...

If I were to take him to the mall he wouldn't walk with me I would have to chase him around...

He is very impressive tho cause he is very smart! He can count to ten ahe knows the alphabet... He will guide me to things he wants... I've somewhat taught him he can't run off from in front of the house... I'm still working on that...he is ridiculously affectionate...

Ds2 at this age was already diagnosed... I already had several black eyes from tantrums... He was non stop screaming... Not one word in his vocab..l 0 understanding... All he would do is sit in a corner and flip the corner of rug... Or spin a spin toy that my mom bought him

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Oh yep my ds3 is the same way with running away if I let go of him for a second he is off like a light and he is so super fast!! It is so hard to take him anywhere! Sound like both of our DS3 are similar, maybe he does have a slight bit of autism and just hasn't been diagnosed. I know there is a spectrum. How was your ds3 officially diagnosed?

divakotka
August 7th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Thorz -- I wouldn't worry about Autism just yet. A lot of what you told us about your DS3 sounds just like a little boy who is acting fine in every way, except that he is speech delayed and this does impact some of his abilities to do other things. My DS1 was the same way. He could barely get any words across (also maybe 20-30) until he was a little past three years old and started preschool (once a week for 2.5 hours). That made a huge difference for him and lowered his frustration level and tantrums a TON. I think that kind of behavior is perfectly normal when the little guy can't communicate but desperately wants to be a part of everything. If he makes eye contact, cuddles, and engages with you, your DH, and his brothers in other ways, then I wouldn't lean towards autism. But it would be good to give him some support in the form of speech therapy.

And what 2-yo boy does NOT like to run away from his mommy?! ;)

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM
I'm pretty sure it isn't autism too but never can be 100%. I just pray he gets into this preschool when he is 3. It will be completely free and 4x a week for 2.5 hours (he will even ride a bus to and from the preschool) I feel bad for wanting him to go so badly like I'm trying to get rid of him or something, but he is just so so so so difficult, I really need him to start being able to communicate.

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 10:03 PM
My ds3 isn't diagnosed yet... I have a big dr appt assessment in December...

They sound very alike to me! Which makes me happy to hear that your drs don't think it's autism and gives me some hope... Like I said if it was just speech I wouldn't worry but the understanding is a red flag to me from my experience... I did a course thing when I was waiting for speech therapy for ds2 cause there are huge wait lists here it was called more than word and it's based on a book that has lots of great tips for turn taking games and other things that I would think you could utilize

Its hard to say if he's on the spectrum to me it sounds like he could be just from my 7 years of experience... But the good thing is that even if it is or isn't you are getting assessments and thearapy for him and in the end that's all that matters :)

There is a huge difference than kids running wild and kids just not having understanding... Of course any kid likes to run off but when they literally never respond to you when you say come here then that is an issue/red flag ... Ds1 liked running off but he thought he was funny... He had a sense of danger which my others didn't... Ds3 would run onto a road no hesitation when a normal almost three year old would not and you could yell stop or no to them and they would stop to look

Autism is tricky in that it never looks the same believe me! I went on for 18 month actually thinking ds3 was normal and then he just stopped progressing he fell behind ... He didn't regress he just didn't progress

I'm not saying yours has is either... I'm just saying keep paying attention to everything... It doesn't even matter if he has it cause your already doing what you need to do... The diagnoses doesn't do a thing for you... I get a whopping 200 bucks a month for ds2 disability ...

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Honestly the whole eye contact... Affection thing is a load of crap... My classic autism guy gave me both all the time and he's very severe altho getting better

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Oh that's the thing, he doesn't understand danger at all and if I tell him to stop or come back, he acts like he doesn't understand or hear me, I might as well be talking to myself when it comes to commands about stopping or coming to me. Sometimes it's a game to him though when it's nap time or dinner time, he runs away and laughs.

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 10:25 PM
God our ds3's may be twins lol... Mine will run down the road with me waddling running behind him laughing his ass off at me lol...

What does yours like to play with toy wise? Mines obsessed with numbers right now! I got him big foam numbers for the day the baby comes home :)

Have you had his hearing checked? I never bothered with ds2 cause he had super crazy hearing lol... He can hear things that I can't like doors or his dads car down the street it's crazy lol... Ds3 I don't think has hearing issues either

Can you look at a book with him of something he likes and ask him where's the dog or whatever? I can but now he will usually take my hand to it and point with my finger

Have you tried potty training? I havnt even attempted... I can just tell the comprehensions not there for it :( April will be my tenth anniversary of changing diapers lol

I get your frustration with him not being able to communicate and such it's hard on both sides :( I've had some really bad days with ds2'where I just wanted to run away... But I've come to terms with it now... I'm sure your don't great :) I've put myself in a mindset that I know everyday comes to an end ...

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Oh potty training isn't even on my radar right now, his comprehension isn't there and that would mean unlocking the bathroom door right now they all have child proof doorknobs he could really do some damage in a bathroom lol. His hearing was checked and it is fine.

He is obsessed with animals! Loves his stuffed dog and cat and loves any book with animals. If I ask him to show me the dog or cat or duck ect he can't do it, but if I ask what does a duck say, he will say quack quack. He knows all of his animals sounds. If I ask him where his eyes and nose are, he usually gets them right but still has a hard time with ears and mouth. Today in the tub he got the shampoo and patted his head and said "hair" I was shocked!

He also loves lightning McQueen, little Einstein toys and buzz light year.

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Wow thats impressive :D I havnt been able to get mine to say animal sounds but he says some animals ... Body part I took a break from...

Ya DH keep bugging me about potty training... He gets mad at me cause I refuse to try...but I'm not going to stress somebody who is not ready to do that...it makes it harder n the long run I think...

Ezra loves to climb on the kitchen table and it drives me insane to say the least... So last week I was getting frustrated and I guess he could tell and he started to sing patty cake on his own looking at me with the biggest smile... I almost cried yes but then I realized hes trying to manipulate me lmfao! Event when they don't seem to understand much they are sooo flipping smart lol

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 10:49 PM
That's cute!! My little guy does things to make me laugh when I'm mad at him too! It's a good thing they are so darn cute because otherwise it might be harder to handle. But he really is so cute and sweet when he wants to be.

Wanting-a-girl
August 7th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Lol I swear I say that to Ezra everyday lol... Tell him he's lucky he's so beautiful lol

He's into everything constantly lol... Never had that prob with my first 2...

Thorz300
August 7th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Are boys are exactly the same lol

ICB3
August 7th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread ladies but just wanted to say that I am a speech-language pathologist and I work with Autism and kids with speech/language delays all day. If you ever need any questions answered or anything feel free to private message me.
Thorz--seems like your little guy just may have expressive and receptive language delays. Possibly ADD could also be an issue too as you mentioned his behavior, but it may not also. Aspergers syndrome could also be possible. As someone else mentioned you are doing the right thing by getting him services. Make sure you tell them ALL his symptoms and behaviors at his evaluation. Best of luck!

divakotka
August 7th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Thorz -- my DS1 was also HUGELY into all kinds of sounds before he finally started talking. When he was evaluated at 2.5 years, his expressive language was barely over 12 months and receptive was at 18 months, so he definitely qualified for speech therapy. We were moving at the time so we only got a few sessions in but could see improvement almost immediately. Potty training was also an issue with him because of that and he was finally ready to do that (easily, I might add) after he started preschool and started talking (a little over 3 yo at the time).

But as I said, he was very good with sounds and his hearing was excellent too. He grunted a lot and motioned/pointed with his finger all the time. He was also not that great at pointing things out in a book though.

DS2 (2.5 yo next month) speaks in complete sentences (he told DH in the car the other day: "Dada, be quiet, I am talking to Mama" or tonight "Mama we brought your medication from the store." He even tells stories) and yet also has no sense of danger and does NOT listen when I tell him to stop about 9 out of 10 times. He is strong-willed and a daredevil and I can see how all of that would be a lot worse if it wasn't for his advanced speech.

I do have to say that WAG is absolutely right when it comes to a diagnosis and what that would change for you. Who knows, maybe my DS1 IS on the spectrum somewhere but he is doing well and that's all we need to know for now. He is 4.5 and his pronunciation is still rather iffy compared to other kids his age but he'll also go to Kindergarten a year later so he has more time to catch up.

WantingPink
August 8th, 2013, 12:35 AM
My DS2 Sounds a lot like your DS3 Thorz. At 2 years old he wasn't talking. At 2.5 He would say maybe 20 words but only I could understand him. He has always been on the late spectrum of development. it seemed like every time I took him to the pediatrician they would say "well if by next appointment he isn't _____ (rolling over, crawling, walking) then we will worry" and it seemed like he would always just make the cut off for the milestone. My DS2 also did a lot of difficult defiant behavior and he would run away from me in public places all the time. I would see these other parents with their children following them and wondered how did they get their kids to follow them?? I had to put locks on all the doors that lead to the outside of the house because he was such an escape artist. He would get easily frustrated probably because of the communication barrier. He would hold his fists out and growl/grunt at me when he was upset. I finally got him potty trained about 6 months ago (right before he turned 4). I tried everything to get him to go in the toilet. The kid would pee everywhere except the toilet. He even got naked a couple of times in the neighbors yard and went poop and pee. So embarrassing especially since they have two very mild mannered girls.

Anyway, not sure what happened when he turned 4 but he has been like a different kid since then. No more running away, destroying toys, hitting his brother, getting naked with little to no notice, etc. He can follow directions and remember to do multiple tasks (like if I ask him to put his plate in the sink and put his shoes on), has finally learned all his ABCs. His vocabulary has really picked up and can talk like a "normal" 4 year old. I finally put him in preschool last week and the teacher loves him and she said she "wishes she had a classroom full of kids like him". Needless to say I was shocked to hear her say that. I think some kids (especially boys) just develop slower than others mentally. Hang in there and I am sure he will come out on the other side just fine. In the mean time I know how hard it is and don't feel bad for wanting to put him in school. If I had access to free preschool I would have put DS2 in it long time ago!! We didn't do anything special for him (no speech therapy) other than I kept on him about how he I expect him to behave (no hitting, throwing rocks, throwing toys, destroying things, peeing in the neighbors yard, running away, etc.) It was exhausting but I think it has finally paid off!! He is really excited to be a big brother and can't wait to meet his new sister. He kisses and hugs me and my belly all the time. He really is a sweet kid and I am glad that other people are finally getting to see it also!!

Salsa
August 8th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Just got home from another ultrasound. Bubs is now off the growth charts!! Everything looking good for an early induction. He's a pic of my chubby little girl 12957

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 04:37 AM
O shes soooo cute!

I can't tell you the amount of drs I fired or replaced however you want to say it lol... Because of all well come back in six month and we will see... I didn't want to take that approach... Drs don't even do anything so I wouldn't even bother with them... It's the thearapy that's going to help him... Drs will most likely push drugs and he doesn't need them

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Ds3 passed out at 7 last night... It's now 4 am and hes wide awake... Note to self don't let ds3 go to bed a t 7 ever again lmao

Thorz300
August 8th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the support ladies, it's nice to hear that others know what I'm going through! Here's to hoping we get the help we need with this speech therapy!

Salsa what a cute pic! So exciting she is almost here!

DLTAG89
August 8th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Salsa your little girl looks very cute :D

So exciting that things are happening for some of you and we could be getting more announcements in the next few weeks.

The only thing that seems to be happening for my are that my bowels are in overdrive (sorry for the tmi) but i cant stop pooping and i've not eaten anything unsual. Feeling pretty sick all the time too so not got much of an appetite.

Wag are you still getting the period pains? I didnt really believe the hospital when they said growing pains to me as your growing all the time so why only now am i getitng pain. I'm still getting them off and on too.

3 weeks and 3 days till i'm full term, yay :D

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Yes I'm still getting the pains... I was having contractions all day yesterday a consistent 18 mins apart... I have an appt tomorrow I'm gonna ask to get checked to see if there has been any progress

I'm full term in 6 more sleeps! Yay!

The support is great for you thorz! I never knew anyone going through it whn I was dealing with ds2... There were support groups but I felt like a major outcast the women made me feel uncomfortable... I was only 20 and I could feel the judgement... Even now I still get that frm Doctors and such... It's until I start talking an they realize I know more than them about it and they seem to bac off.. Lol

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 07:00 AM
So I've heard of nipple stimulation to induce but have you heard about doing a little nipple stimulation everyday to ripen the cervix?

Mum to three girls
August 8th, 2013, 07:07 AM
I think you have to stimulate them for ages though? I was still bfing DD1 throughout my entire pregnancy with DD2 - she stopped after the baby was born though - and she was my latest arrival at 40+1. If you're having cramps etc then I'd hold off till term though.

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I thought ao I know I tried very hard to get ds2 and 3 out and NOTHING made them budge... Ya I'm not doing anything till wednesday... Not even gonna walk and stuff... I want him to cook a bit longer :) ... I usually go for a steep hill walk when I'm 37 weeks... I can't do that this time cause DH is working nights and I am the only person in the world with no cell phone lol... Because I'm always home... It would be a waste... So instead of walking I thnk I will be doing weed pulling... I need to beat the induction day!

fish2012
August 8th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I read 40 minutes a day for nipple stimulation to work..... Or 20 min 3 times a day somewhere else as none of us are first time mums can't see any of us managing that ;-)

Salsa she so cute!

I've got acupuncture booked for Tuesday!

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Omg these cramps are terrible! If this isn't a sign of labour I don't know what to think! I'm so uncomfortable...I have an ob appt in the morning we shall see if I make it lol

Southern Butterfly
August 8th, 2013, 07:01 PM
WAG keep us updated! I had bad cramping, back pain and constant BH for 2 days before my water broke early Tues morning which lead to our little Julian. I know you are hoping to hold out another week or so and I hope you do!

Salsa great pic! Julian was measuring off the charts too and turned out to be my biggest baby (although he isn't very long at 18 inches).

Thorz I hope you are able to hang in there too! It's good to know you've dilated early before and still went term so hopefully that will be the case this time too. I'm curious if you know what causes your clots? DH has a genetic issue in the veins of his legs which caused him to get a lot of blood clots. Last year he had several procedures done to remove the bad veins and so far hasn't had anymore clots.

Fish and Girlsway, I think you both are our first inductions coming up right? How are you ladies feeling? I don't know what it's like to know when you're baby is coming so the anticipation during this countdown must be so exciting!

Julian and I got to come home today! It is so amazing to bring a baby home with me, I'm exhausted but on cloud nine at the moment. He now weighs 5lbs 15oz so hopefully he won't drop much more and start gaining.

Still can't upload pics in a post from our new laptop, tablet or smartphone BUT it works from our dinosaur of a desktop... go figure. Here are a few pics from today :)

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Contractions have been 10 mins apart for 2 hours! They are not changing in intensity at all tho so I'm guessing they are nothing .. I don't know what to think...

Thorz300
August 8th, 2013, 09:02 PM
OMG southern he is so adorable and tiny!!!!
I'm not sure what causes my clots but after the pregnancy I plan to get these vericose veins removed too!

WAG sounds like the early stages of labor, I'm excited to hear if the are helping you progress at all, you should make sure your dr checks you!

So I was just cuddling with ds1 and rubbing his head and i came across what I thought was a scab or sore and upon closer examination, i found a tick burrowed inside his head!!!! OMG it freaked me out, good thing DH was home because I would have ripped the sucker off, but DH is very patient and detail oriented and took his time getting the tick off with out breaking his head off so the whole sucker came off in tact thank goodness! Now I have to watch him closely for rashes or other symptoms for the next 30 days!! I think the tick just barely latched on today because it wasn't engorged yet, but still it freaks me out! I'm so glad I found it so quickly!! I'm glad my boys love my head rubs and ask for them all the time!

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Omg thorz! My cat had one once and it's totally disgusting! Is there Lyme desies around u?

And yes southern he is absolutley beautiful... I thought I wrote that on my last post...

I'm def getting checked! I will be a tad dissapointed if there's been no progress

Thorz300
August 8th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Im not sure if there is Lyme disease here, but I'm going to watch him like a hawk!

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 09:48 PM
I'm sure you would be able to check some how... I would maybe make an appt for him

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Well your DH is a doctor so maybe an appt is not needed... Keep a very close eye on him

Thorz300
August 8th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I think I'll call his dr in the morning anyway, because my DH is an ophthalmologist so I'm not certain he knows a whole lot about tick bites. He is asleep now, and all I have is the Internet to inform me, and it is freaking me out!!!

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Thorz get off of google rig now! I demand it! It will do nothing but scare you!

Southern Butterfly
August 8th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Thorz I hope everything is ok but if it wasn't engorged then it probably hasn't been there very long. Our house backs right up to the woods and all the neighborhood kids play near the woods building forts and so forth so my guys have had ticks numerous times. They usually find it themselves and DH is a pro at removing them. I always watch for signs of anything unusual but they're always fine. I don't know if Lyme disease is regional but ticks are just so common around here that I guess we just don't think much about finding one.

WAG how are you feeling now? Any changes? I'm very curious to see how your apt goes tomorrow!

Ok I have a confession to make. I'm really not in love with Julian's name. For most of my pregnancy I have kind of had my heart set on Sage although I did flip flop quite a few times. DH has loved Julian ever since we had DS1 but I always ended up winning out with the name I liked (DH agreed with the names I came up with and did have a lot of input). This time around I could just tell he was really hoping to finally get to use Julian. He wasn't pushy about it just kept bringing it up. Julian is a great name and I do really like it which is why I agreed to the full name Julian Sage, however I had thought he would go by Sage. Well that's not happening lol. Everyone is kind of naturally calling him Julian which is growing on me but at the same time it makes me a little sad that he isn't going to be my little Sage like I thought. Sorry for the long rant about this but it's just been a bit of an internal battle since he was born.

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 11:13 PM
My appt is in about 12 hours... I feel the same... They have maybe spaced a little bit apart... I stopped timing them .... I don't want to obsess... I know what real labour feels like so I know I'm not quite there yet ... Can't wait for my cervix to get checked lmao

Southern is he willing to change the name to sage and do the middle name Julian? Or would he resent you? I have always won the name game... But DH has terrible taste In names .... He wanted to name ds2 Sebastian or Jerome :s ummmmm no way

Southern Butterfly
August 8th, 2013, 11:43 PM
lol WAG my DH has come up with some goofy suggestions too. Julian is actually one of the few I like and I really do like it very much but I guess I didn't realize until now how much I had really liked Sage. Actually I like Julian Sage better than Sage Julian, just seems to flow better. DH said he would be ok with everyone calling him Sage and just he will call him Julian but I could tell he was just saying that for my sake and I felt very guilty KWIM? I guess I feel like I've named 3 out of our 4 so it seems fair I should let him have this one. On the other hand it's just proving harder than I thought to let go of Sage.

Wanting-a-girl
August 8th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Maybe go for little dude number 5 lol

Elements
August 9th, 2013, 03:10 AM
You ladies talk too much haha. I can never catch up when i come in. there is just too much reading! I did note that Southern had her baby. BIG Congratulations and admittedly im feeling a wee bit jealous that you have meet your wee one :)

Anyone taking and birth aid supplements? I've start 5w, and raspberry leaf tea.

fish2012
August 9th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Southern agh no sage Julian doesn't work does it, I fear it might be a bit late ;-( can you call him sage? I'm sure you will get used to it and love it but if you really think you won't you should probably discuss with dh ASAP before its stuck!

I think girlsway will be first her date is an induction date mines an assessment date with induction that week but trying everything to make induction sooner more likely! Actually feeling much weller than I have for months I think it's relief of nearly being all over with this pregnancy not even really considered how I'll manage with three lol! Went swimming last night and had some odd achy pains and was then Wondering if you'd know if your waters had broken if you we're in the pool?!?

Wag exciting stuff! 36 wks would be fine

DLTAG89
August 9th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Aw southern hes just so cute and tiny :)

Wag looking forward to your update later to see how things are going.

I've weighed myself this morning and i've lost 3lb so i've not put anything on in over a month now and i was already measuring small? Really starting to worry that the little one is going to be so tiny :(

Mum to three girls
August 9th, 2013, 06:08 AM
DLTAG, is your midwife worried? If not you're probably just carrying small.

Southern, I like both Julian and Sage as first names but they are very different. Lots of people change their minds about names in the first few days, why not process it over the weekend?

WAG, how exciting if something is happening! I know it's a bit early but 36 weeks is sooo close to term.

Wanting-a-girl
August 9th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Well I woke up in one piece lol :)

Appt is in 2 hours

Still my crampy old self... I know he will be fine now... I just don't want him having any trouble whn he's born... I really want to delay cord clamping again and they won't let me if he's having trouble I'm 36.3 now tho so I'm sure he would be fine... Watch me make it all the way to induction day lol

My cat is sleeping with me last night... That's odd...

Waiting4Daisy
August 9th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Southern congrats on the birth of Julian Sage. I have followed you since ig and are thrilled to see your fourth little prince is here well. He is truly gorgeous

Wanting-a-girl
August 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I'm 2cm and if the baby drops anymore he will drop onto the floor lol... So it's just a waiting game.... I thought subsequent babies dropped basically right before labour

Thorz300
August 9th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Im glad to hear those contractions are doing something for you!!

Southern Butterfly
August 9th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I think he will probably stay Julian, it is just taking time for the name to grow on me.

WAG that's good news you are 2cm and baby is low so maybe you will go into labor before your induction like you had hoped! Not long now :D

I also forgot to update about Julian's heart. You may recall that on ultrasound there appeared to be an issue with the main veins of his heart. He was evaluated by a cardiologist after birth and had an echocardiogram which showed no abnormalities! So what they saw on ultrasound resolved itself, so relieved!

Wanting-a-girl
August 9th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Yes I'm happy there is progress... I want it to just get over with I'm so miserable now from all the pains and cramps...

That's great news southern I was wondering about that :) is he still in the hospital?

DLTAG89
August 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Wag great news the your little man is on is way. Were your others early too?

Southern thats great news about his heart, sounds like hes doing really well.

Phoned the midwife about the weight loss and she said not to worry. Easy for her to say but i'm pretty much stuffing my face at the min in the hopes to put a bit back on before shes born.

Wanting-a-girl
August 9th, 2013, 04:06 PM
My first was 37 weeks baby no 2 stalled labour at 35 weeks and had him at 41 and ds3 was 39

Girlsway
August 9th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Thorz my 1.5 year old does the same. No sense of danger and he runs off laughing. I wonder if that's the stage all go through. Sometimes I worry something is not right because he has bad tantrums but then he understands a lot at this stage and already follows commands. He was a big screamer since birth, that's my other worry.

Southern BIG congratulations on you little man. What a lovely picture of both of you. How did it all go and when will you go home?

I am full term this weekend and I could have a baby lets say in 2 weeks time. I hope our renovation works will be finished by then because the house is not baby friendly as yet. There is still lots of dust and paint everywhere. I run like a headless chicken all day trying to sort things out. That's why I also wasn't here last few days.

fish2012
August 9th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Daltag when will you see her? Sure baby's doing just fine they are selfish little things ;-)

Southern fab fab news! Yeahy and Julian will grow on you I'm sure

Wag oh sounds good fx it's the dates though cant say I feel close at mo ;-(

Southern Butterfly
August 9th, 2013, 06:51 PM
DLTAG I would try not to worry. I lost a lot of weight during this last month on bedrest. Partially due to medications but also I could only eat a few bites at a time otherwise I would feel so full I'd throw up! Unfortunately I've been stuffing my face since delivery because it feels so great to be able to eat again. I better slow it down though to start losing baby weight.

Yes Julian and I both came home yesterday. So far he's been a very laid back little guy. The only time he has cried has been during a diaper change and even then it is just a few little squeaks not even a real cry. When he is hungry he just sort of kicks around and "grunts" lol then he just goes right back to sleep after feeding. Hope he stays this easy, we'll see!

Wanting-a-girl
August 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM
That's awesome! Is that the fastest you've gotten to bring a baby home?

Salsa
August 9th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Southern that's fantastic news that you are home so promptly!! Well done! You and Julian are a super team! I'm sorry you are having issues with his name. My ds2 name is Charlie. I always wanted Billy. But DH really wanted Charlie, and I wasn't opposed to it, I did like it, but always saw myself having a little Billy. Anyway, he's nearly 2 now, and my goodness he is such a Cheeky Charlie! Give yourself a bit of time to adjust, it's a beautiful name. And they really become that name and soon you won't be able to see him any other way - it will feel right x x x

Wag-sorry you're having painful cramps and contractions, but exciting that you are progressing!!!

Thorz-you really are having a bad run!! Glad your son sounds like he is ok after you found the tick! That must have been a shock!! I would of freaked, but you are very attentive and will keep a close eye on him so I'm sure he'll be just fine!

Nothing too exciting happening here, these last few weeks feel like they are never going to end!! I just can't wait to meet her now....

Wanting-a-girl
August 10th, 2013, 02:32 AM
I'm gonna share my latest crazy neighbour antics cause you know it's 2 in the morning and I have nothing better to do cause she woke me up

So Im sleeping away at 130 like any normal person would be doing lol.... And my dream is flooded with somebody screaming shut the fuck up... Now my window is closed all my windows are closed my air conditioning is on... So I open the window thinking okay maybe just my dream lol... I can hear teenagers walking and laughing but they are way down the street like 3 football fields down the street and I can't hear them with my window closed...ao that shut the fuck up sounded really familiar so I had a good idea of who it was lol... So I was just about to close my window and a car pulls up to these kids... I'm thinking no flipping way! But the car talks to them and then flips back around and comes speeding so I literally run down stairs cause I really have to see this lol and sure enough it was her! She left her house to go yell at people at 130 am lol!

So I was woken up almost killing myself laughing lol cause that's insane lmao

So I sat on the couch to document it cause I've been documenting all her crazy things like cps worker told me to... I'm awake alone DH and Ezra and my cats are sleeping upstairs... My backyard hose turns on which I know It was my hose cause the guys building our fence have been using it daily to make cement ..l well it's 2am at this point and def not them lol.... I lean forward on my couch to look out the window that I know I can't actually see out of when my kitchen light is n at night cause of the glare stuff on It ... But instantly when I lean forward my hose goes off and I hear her patio door close,.... Hmmm lol

Is it me or is there something really wrong with her?

Salsa
August 10th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Omg wag-she sounds so messed up!!! Such a grumpy women! Would suck going through life so damn grumpy!! Lol glad you could see the funny side to be woken up at 2am!! At least this time she wasn't yelling at you, and proves she just likes to yell at anyone and everyone! She certainly has some anger issues!!

fish2012
August 10th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Ah wag what a loon, salsa's right at least it proves its not you ;-)

Wanting-a-girl
August 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Lol she's nuts... It was def entertaining tho lol

I wish these flipping contractions would screw off or turn into the real deal... I'm absolutley miserable :(.... They were bad enough last night that after I finally got back to sleep at 5 am from the psycho they were waking me up... I'm about to complete day 4 of them... I've been having Braxton's since 15 weeks but these are consistent and more painful and I have constant period cramps

queen-bee
August 10th, 2013, 10:16 PM
WAG, have you tried to have a bath? I've been having a period-like pain since yesterday along with some contractions, had a hot bath and that helped me to go to sleep. I read somewhere that bath helps with false contractions but also make things progress if its a real thing.
I am 37 wks tomorrow, but trying to hang in there for a bit longer. Hopefully, the bub's descending and this is what causes the pain.

Wanting-a-girl
August 10th, 2013, 10:23 PM
I just got out of one... My contraction are about 7 mins right now :s but not increasing in pain so I'm guessing it's nothing

Thorz300
August 10th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Well I hope you can sleep tonight!! I'm so ready for this baby of mine to be here! Maybe if you ladies start going into labor I can live vicariously through you to help my time pass faster!

divakotka
August 11th, 2013, 12:22 AM
WAG--I really hope it's not the real deal yet. Have you tried taking a magnesium supplement? Sounds like your uterus is pretty irritated and magnesium might calm it down and help you sleep better. A really good brand is "Natural Calm." You can get it on amazon or health/vitamin stores. You mix it in water and it comes in different flavors.

On my end it looks like we might be inducing through breaking my water on either Aug 29, 30, or 31, IF I get a high bishop score. I will hear back from my OB on Monday or Tuesday. This is really happening now, so crazy.

I still haven't packed my hospital bag or washed newborn clothes. What's up with that?!

fish2012
August 11th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Ah diva exciting, I've packed my bags I'm hoping if everything's ready I might go into labour before induction!

A friend lent me a hypnobirthing cd and book and its really upset me basically says if your induced you'll have a crap labour and it'll hurt ;/( undermines whole theory for me if its not painful why would it become painful if your induced ?!?? Anyone else less sceptical?

Wanting-a-girl
August 11th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Well I got to sleep for a few hours... The pain woke me up... I might tough it out...he's full term in 3 days and I really want to beat induction...

I don't know why everyone has to make a horror story out of an induction... I found my all natural labour with ds2 the worst... I didn't find the contractions any worse or stronger or closer...

Mum to three girls
August 11th, 2013, 06:08 AM
WAG, sounds like when things start properly it'll be quick!

Fish, I hate it when generalisations are made about labour and delivery. It's so so different for every woman and depends on so many different factors.

fish2012
August 11th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Ah wag so jealous know your probably fed up my last labour was similar, try and rest as much as you can

Ugh had a real melt down over the induction yesterday poor dh ;-) I know I'm going to go throu with it as I can't bear the thought of anything else going wrong and me not having taken their advice so trying to be positive........

anyways off to my baby shower in an hour so need to cheer up and get over it! Just lined my tummy with some tasty dates in case I don't have space later ;-s

Salsa
August 11th, 2013, 09:17 AM
You are all so good with the dates. I've tried them and just cannot do it!!!! They are revolting!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanting-a-girl
August 11th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Ya I'm guessing it will be quick too... All mine have bee really fast... And its a long 15 min drive to the hospital and that was when there was no traffic and hitting no lights...

Try and relax about the induction... I was super nervous too... Is there anyway the will induce u by just trying to break the water? My dr said only if his head was low enough... Cause of cord prolapse I'm assuming

DLTAG89
August 11th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Yawn its been a mad weekend and i'm worn out. Last time seeing my family as a family of 4 yesterday which was kind of strange. Also got up at 4am to do a car boot ready for the house move. Woke up at about 2am with some weird pains and it felt like she was kicking my cervix and had a few weird pains too today.

WAG hows things with you? Are the pains getting any better or worse?

Fish i dont see the midwife till tuesday, so going to get her to double check my weight and also which way up baby is (hopefully head down).

Wanting-a-girl
August 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
O I'm the same...l stuck in some stupid phase of pre labour I suppose... Never experienced this with the others.. The sad thing is it doesn't even mean a thing... This could go on till my induction... Which is 16 days away....

Wanting-a-girl
August 11th, 2013, 12:56 PM
A pretty consistent 10 mins at the moment

Girlsway
August 11th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Full term today and she is definitely low down. Still didn't get round packing the hospital bag and preparing the nursery due to our building works. DH is finally getting into action and he is taking 2 days off to help out. We have get ready by the end of this week.

Is anyone else feeling disorganised?

Wanting-a-girl
August 11th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Yay girlsway very exciting! Lots of babies are gonna be making their way soon :) I still have three days till I'm 37 weeks and 16 days till induction day... I best not make it to that day tho...

I've had basically everything ready for a long time but in the past two weeks just finished up getting his spot in the living room ready got my last couple things packed...I think I need to just get batteries for a few things

fish2012
August 11th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Oh girlsway that's exciting

I've sorted everything now hoping relaxed mind may make for early bubba ;-)

Had my baby shower this afternoon lovely time with some lovely friends!!

Wanting-a-girl
August 11th, 2013, 06:14 PM
That's awesome fish :) I only got a baby shower with my first... That was so long ago

Salsa
August 11th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Fish how lovely for you - glad you had a good time at the baby shower!

I'm completely organized, 36 wks today. See the doc tomorrow but still looks like he will induce at 38 wks, will see what he says at appoint. So about 2 more weeks for me!! Can't come soon enough! Feels so close but so far away lol I'm at the stage now where I am completely nesting but have done everything, so doing completely unnecessary things! However my house is totally thanking me for it! Haha

DLTAG89
August 12th, 2013, 04:00 AM
I'm now 34 weeks (and 1 day yay). When did everyone up it up to 2 cups of raspberry leaf tea?

Fish glad you had a lovely time at your baby shower, did you end up telling everyone your having a little girl this time? :DD:

I think we are just about ready, got everything we need and hospital bag is packed. I'm really wanting to nest too but with moving in a few weeks theres not much i can do. Todays job is pack all the baby things into 1 box and 1 place so if she comes early while we are still at this house ill know where everything is (hopefully)

Started with some pains again yesterday low down and in my lower back but a bath soon sorted it out. I'm not a bath person but have a feeling ill be spending a lot of time in there over the next 3/6/8 weeks.

fish2012
August 12th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Hey daltag midwives recommend you take it from 36wks so unless you think you'll be early I'd wait till then to up the dose

No didn't tell two of my friends know but that's it!

Wanting-a-girl
August 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I upped it at 35 I think.. It won't put you in labour

Wanting-a-girl
August 12th, 2013, 09:26 PM
So very inconsistent contractions today :) still lots of cramping tho...

So my dr calls me and says I have a bladder infection and I'm very surprised as I have no symptoms at all... AnywYs ... He sends a script to the pharmacy for me... I'm allergic to penicillin so I'm not happy about taking anything... Well my mother brings me my meds and it is macrobid! Which apparently is unsafe to take in the last 2-4 weeks of pregnancy! I deliver in two weeks! Latest! It can cause a dangerous type of anemia I'm reading! I'm quite upset with this as he's actually one of the drs that I really trust and I wasn't even goin to research the drug cause I trust him so much... I'm very happy I looked it up and I think I'm going take my chances at having a preterm baby lol... Since I'm term in a day

Thorz300
August 12th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Ugh I have loads and loads of gas and diarrhea and its making me contract and I lost more of my plug. I'm sure it's nothing but because I'm already dilated and effaced my dr wanted me to alert her if ANYTHING else happened! I really don't want to call her because if
I do it now it is after hours so I'll be sent to the hospital and I really don't want to do that, and tomorrow, I have too much going on to go in, this is a super busy week for me as ds1 starts school next week, I've got lots to do still!

On a happier note, Ds1 had his reading, math and cognitive skills assessment today for 1st grade and after the assessment was over the teacher told me she would like to refer him to the gifted program because he is so far advanced!! I'm so proud of my little buddy! He is growing up so very fast! Now if I can just get ds3 to talk lol!

Wanting-a-girl
August 12th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Well I always think better safe than sorry... Regardless of what I have to do... You have to ask yourself do I want a preterm baby or keep her safe longer... What are your contractions like? Are they irregular

Thorz300
August 12th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Yep they are irregular and have slowed down quite a bit

Salsa
August 13th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Hope those contractions don't intensify! I just got back from OB appoint. Bubs head is really low, (which didn't surprise me as I'm getting shooting pains on my cervix!) I have a tentative induction date of Aug 28th. I'm so super excited! Have another doc appoint next wk which my doc will then ring hospital and book me in, hospital may change date by a day or 2 but at this stage my doc and I are working towards the 28th!!! Can't come soon enough.... 2 wks tomorrow!! Still feels sooooooo long away!!

fish2012
August 13th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Hey Thorz your clever lill man!

Sounds like some of you are gonna have babies flying out very soon ;-)

Salsa that's exciting its sad but tbh I'm relieved to know my pregnancy is nearly over with!

Wanting-a-girl
August 13th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Awww salsa your baby will be born on my birthday ;) I wanted that date but I wanted my dr delivering even more than I wanted that date and he only on call on the 27th

Have they gotten irregular thorz? It's too early for that little lady to be coming

Salsa
August 13th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Oh yay WAG!! That's cool! My DD is the 28/07 and this will be the 28/8 and my DS2 is the 29/9! So all basically a month apart. My darling DS1 is the odd one out 14/5!! Lol maybe I should go for number 5 and get a June baby! Then I'll have may, June, July, August and September babies!!! Hahaha no way! I'm done and dusted after this one! Well and truly!

DLTAG89
August 13th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Ill wait another week before upping the RLT dose then :)

Got the midwife today so very much looking forward to finding out which was up (or down) this little lady is. Feels like i've been waiting for this app for ever.

Aw thorz well done to your little man and how are you feeling now. Have those contractions stopped?

wow salsa 2 weeks, thats not long at all. Exciting stuff that we will be having some more announcements in the next few weeks.

Thorz300
August 13th, 2013, 06:23 AM
All is well contractions stop when the gas went away! I must have just eaten something that didn't sit well with me!

I'm so excited a jealous of you ladies who are so darn close to being done and meeting your little ones!

DLTAG89
August 13th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Well just got back from the midwife and shes still breech :'( I could cry. I know theres still time but i really cant see her turning now, shes been this way for a while now and not moved.

Salsa
August 13th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear that Daltag!! Have they talked about manually turning her for you? I hear its painful but could be worth discussing??

Wanting-a-girl
August 13th, 2013, 09:35 AM
I'm happy your contractions stopped!

I would be very upset with a breech baby too :( I'm sorry... I think u should try the version... Spend lots of time n ur hands and knees too... Which I'm sure you have.. Apparently there is some acupuncture that makes babies turn and there is a chiropractor adjustment too... I would be trying every thng

Salsa your kids all have very neat birthdays... Isn't it funny how something's happen...

divakotka
August 13th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Just popping in briefly but DLTAG, I want to point you to Spinning Babies Home (http://www.spinningbabies.com) Lots of and lots of ways to encourage that baby to turn. Good luck!

dloui128
August 13th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Hi ladies, just board crashing :)
My little guy was breech until I think it was almost 35 weeks, I tried the spinning babies techniques, I also played music everyday on my belly and he eventually turned on his own

DLTAG89
August 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Ive been trying a few things since i found out at 32 weeks like pelvic tilts and putting cold things at the top of my bump. They wont discuss anything with me either till i'm 36+ weeks so have to wait another 2 weeks which is going to be hard. I think i've spend the entire day on spinning babies too lol.

I really am willing to do anything to avoid a section. Was so excited about meeting this little girl but now just panicking and scared about a c-section. I know she still has time to turn but i just keep thinking about the what if's

Wanting-a-girl
August 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I hate chiropractics and I really think this is the one and only reason I would ever let one touch me cause Ive seen it work for quite a few people I would def give it a go... So many people I know are having issues with their babies being breech its crazy...

fish2012
August 13th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Daltag I turned this baby transverse to head down and from back to back to the right way with stuff from spinning babies and the utube link I posted before (let me know if you want it again need to be on computer!) they keep telling me not to worry she'll turn each time but it is worrying especially at this stage. It's possible to deliver a breech baby vaginally especially as its not your first

I've heard about the chiropractor thing too so maybe worth a try good luck xx

Southern Butterfly
August 13th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Fish, glad you enjoyed your shower. Can't believe you held out on telling everyone it's a girl!

WAG, I'm so glad you did your research before taking that antibiotic, what was your dr thinking??? How have you been feeling otherwise? I've heard bladder infections can cause contractions so maybe that's why you've been having so many?

Thorz, glad you're feeling better. That's awesome about your DS! Are you still in bed rest?

Salsa, I am so envious of how prepared you are. DH didn't even set up the crib until after I had the baby and was still in the hospital even though we've known for a while that he would likely be early. We're horrible procrastinators lol. Also glad to hear baby is low, are you dilated or thinned out yet?

DLTAG, hope your baby girl holds on until after you're settled in your new place. Sorry to hear she's still breech but don't give up on her turning yet!

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone... trying to keep up!

So my little Julian is a week old today! I can't believe it. I'm really looking forward to watching him grow and become his own little person but at the same time wishing I could keep him tiny forever.

Life with 4 kids is going well so far. It honestly isn't as hard as I thought it would be, hoping I don't jinx myself here. It's been so nice to be able to get out and about with the kids so we can enjoy these last few weeks of summer together before they return to school. Julian is so laid back and easy to take him anywhere we go. He just needs diapers and boobies lol.

Salsa
August 14th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Southern so great to hear little Julian is settling in well and coping with 4 kids is proving possible!!! I have quiet freak outs somedays thinking about it! So I'm glad to hear its not a disaster for you! Gives me the confidence!
My OB hasn't checked me yet. He usually doesn't until I'm booked in for my inductions. I'm usually a couple of cms dilated though and usually about 50% effaced so I'm hoping it will be the same this time. Although I'll be induced a little earlier with this one than I usually am so we'll see. My inductions before run smoothly and quickly so again, I'm hoping this will be the same!! I've got 2 more wks, so the thought of bubs head on my cervix for that long surely means something will be progressing??

Mum to three girls
August 14th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the update Southern. Like Salsa, I find it reassuring that so far 3 to 4 isn't too chaotic.

I can't believe we'll have some babies soon. I'm only 33 weeks so I've got ages! Two more weeks at work (yay!) but then I've got some serious nesting to do. I do have a very big bump and according to my ob a big baby and I'm feeling exhausted and achy at the end of the day already.

Wanting-a-girl
August 14th, 2013, 08:25 AM
To be honest I don't think I have a bladder infection... I have had a few in my days and I definitely know it! I know I was having the white cells basically this entire pregnancy bit never an infection and when I was talking to my friend she was saying she had the white cells her entire pregnancy and no infection... I know sometime their can be no symptoms.... But I don't know I'm doubting it... And I think the infection is safer than these pills... My dr appt is in 2 hours we will see what he says ... I'm not too happy with him tho

Ahhhhh I slept through the night last night... The contractions wer waking me a little but I was too tierd to wake fully from them... The first time ive slept in a week! Full term today! Yay! Now get the F outta me lol I'm so over pregnancy lol

Can't wait to see all the babies popping out soon!

Southern I'm glad your having a good transition... Cause I'm seeing the fiery pits of hell in my future... If any of you knew ds3 you would understand.... He will adjust tho... It's justmgonna be a hard road for a bit

DLTAG89
August 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Well i've had time to sleep and think about this little one being beech and feeling no better at all about it. Been doing everything i can to turn her but she doesnt seem to want to budge. Was so so excited about having a little girl but just feeling sad and deflated now.

Everyone keeps saying she'll turn and not to worry but its not that easy. Feeling so down about it and have 13 days to wait now till the next cause of action which is going to feel like a lifetime :tissue:

Southern Butterfly
August 14th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Glad it makes some of you feel better about having 4 kids. I was really worried how it would all work out. I'm sure there are going to be challenges ahead but the initial adjustment has so far been pretty smooth.

WAG, I hope it doesn't turn out to be as hard as you think. The good thing about expecting the worst is that reality rarely lives up to what we build up in our heads and therefor things seem easier than we expect. At least that's how it has worked out for me with each baby lol.

Here are a couple of pics I took for Julian's announcements..

fish2012
August 14th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Be honest am I over reacting?

My consultant told me that twin two would be buried with other babies who died before they were born with a little service arranged by the hospital. This seemed okay so I asked my midwife about it when we did my birth plan and she looked a bit uncertain and said she thought that as baby wasn't 20 wks (was 16) it would be disposed of with the placenta ;-(

I can't think of him/her being incinerated although the baby will have deteriorated in the womb it's still to me a lill person. But I'm also not sure I want it buried in my garden either which I guess might be the only other option

I have to call the berivment midwife tomorrow to discuss and im dreading it especially with two small boys who fight the moment I pick up the phone! am I over reacting?! Be honest

fish2012
August 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Oh I'm so lame even typing that post has made me cry

Southern Butterfly
August 14th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Oh Fish you are not overreacting AT ALL! I got tears in my eyes just reading that. It is very callous of the midwife to talk about "disposing" your baby! That's just awful. Your sweet little angel deserves a proper burial service as she/he was indeed a little person. You and your baby both deserve more respect than that and as a mother you deserve the chance to grieve, I think a nice service would help bring you closure. Don't let anyone rob you of the chance to celebrate your little one's life even if it was so tragically brief. HUGS to you mama.

Girlsway
August 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Southern your little Julian is geogeous.
I keep on thinking how is my little one going to look..
Not long now. I have strong tightnings through our the day and night. They are very small conteactions, so things have started to move on.

Wanting-a-girl
August 14th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Fish your not over reacting... I would personally probably burry the baby at home...if the burial by the hospital can't be done.... I def would not let them dispose of it with the placenta... That would feel wrong to me... It's your baby its still a life that you cherished

So my dr said there is nothing else he can give me and said that the risks low... Well I have really bad luck and I'm not willing to take the small risk... He said its my choice and I'm risking getting a kidney infection... Ummmm if I had a bladder infection would it not have showed on my dip stick thing today? Cause it didn't

Yes when I was preg with ds3 I prepared myself mentally for hell cause I really did not have any idea what life was going to be like with ds2 having severe behavior problems....in the end it turned out amazing... People constantly said I don't know how your doing it... Well if you saw what I expected then you would see lolcause this is amazing compared to what I was thinking... I just don't see it being the same this time cause ds3 literally oly likes me I feel like he's going to fel abandoned... I'm going to try very hard to keep his number one on the other side of it I think it's going to be good for him in the long run... I think it's going to help him become independent and he will need that so his school transition is easier too... Even this school is a ways a way still

Thorz300
August 14th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Southern what a beautiful little boy, those pics are fabulous! I love his hair!

Fish I'm with everyone else, you are absolutely not over reacting, you shouldn't just dispose of the baby! Not many moms I know would be ok with that. I personally would want the choice of where to bury my child!

Wanting-a-girl
August 14th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Omg every time I look at a calendar it freaks me out lol! 13 flipping days!
O I forgot to mention I had an u/s today :) he is a he :) and he measures 7.4 right now so it looms like he might be smaller than my last two :) I know th u/s is give or take a 1/2 pound but I have hope lol

fish2012
August 14th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Thank you ladies, my friend had a silent miscarriage (baby died at 9wks but her body didn't realise) and they found out at the 12 wk scan and ended up taking baby home as hospital said the same...

On brighter note as acupuncture failed booked reflexology for Friday! Excited!

Wanting-a-girl
August 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Lol I was just about to book some acupuncture but the price was holding me back... I don't want to pay hundreds for something that will happen regardless

Salsa
August 14th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Fish I agree with everyone!! You are not over reacting and what a difficult thing you have to go through right now. I'm so sorry. You are such a brave and inspirational women I know you'll get through it x x x

Southern Julian is just delightful!! So precious!!! Just looking at these pics gets me so clucky and excited about my upcoming arrival!!

Here I have a couple of photos of a different nature. Our hay plant business burnt down last yr-it was tragic and devastating and at the time I couldn't see how we'd ever be able to re build what we had created over yrs of hard work
Anyway, I'm happy to say that we are now about a month or so off opening our brand new plant!! It's been so much hard work for my amazing husband! I had to show off a couple of pics-this has been built from scratch.... With surrounding land also ours with some new oats in the ground 13107

fish2012
August 15th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Oh wag call around my acupuncture was £45 which is guess is only about $55?

fish2012
August 15th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Oh salsa wow that's amazing how exciting for you and dh, can't imagine all that space haven't seen anything like that since I was in oz the sky is so much smaller here!

Ah thank you ladies an hour till I call her wish me luck ;-)

Southern how are finding time to pose your gorgeous lill man with 3 boys! I'm not sure I made to have 4 kids ;-s he's so perfect hope your dh is able to spend some time with you xx

DLTAG89
August 15th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Aw fish thats terrible, was it the midwife you usually have that said that or is that who your talking to this morning. Hope the call goes ok and you get the news you want. Big hugs x x

Salsa wow, thats an amazing amount of space, i bet your little ones love having all that to run around and play in. Lots of luck with everything and hope the rest of the build goes ok.

Southern your little man is so gorgeous, such cute pics too :)

Still no change in babies position. I wake up with a little ray of hope each morning that she might have moved but nope, hopefully todays the day.

fish2012
August 15th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Oh daltag how annoying swimmings supposed to help?!?

So spoke to berivment midwife she lovely no they would never do that all still born babies from labour ward go to the undertakers for burial she's going to come down and see me on Monday when I'm at the hospital so relieved and she said we can say no to an autopsy too which I think we will I can't think of them poking the baby around and as its not like repeat miscarriages or anything I think I'd rather they left her be

Thank you all for your support we do seem to be a dramatic lot on this board

Salsa
August 15th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Oh fish, I'm glad you are feeling better about it once speaking to the midwife. Still a very emotional time for you, I'm thinking of you lots x x x x x

Wanting-a-girl
August 15th, 2013, 09:37 AM
So I am trying the nipple stimulation.... 3 times a day 15 mins a nipple for an hour... Some study shows that 36 percent went into labour within 72 hours of this when done for three days I believe .... I really really want to beat induction! And the 36 percent was compared to woman who did not do it and of that group only 6 percent went into labour in the 72 hours... So I'm giving it a shot....

Wanting-a-girl
August 15th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Acupuncture here would be 90 for the consult and then 55 per treatment :s I just can't spend that kind of money on something that may not work... It sucks cause I really did want to try it

fish2012
August 16th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Okay bubba your eviction notice is served 37+1 today time to come on our please ;-)

DLTAG89
August 16th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Ohh fish how exciting, we could be getting some more babies very soon. Glad you get the news you wanted when you spoke to the midwife too x x

How are you feeling today wag?

I know i keep going on about it too but still no change in babys position :( I'd love to go swimming too but its difficult with the boys and me not driving to get there. One can dream :D

Wanting-a-girl
August 16th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Lol fish that's basically my FB status the other day when I turned 37 lmao

11 more SLEEPS

So my best friend lives over an 8 hour drive away and she and her bf are doing some kind of road trip next Friday this would be the only chance she gets to see the baby for many months... So my goal is to have him before next Friday... Easier said than done right lol....

Im getting a stretch and sweep on thurs if I'm still preg... With my first son it was so easy I walked up a steep hill and there he was the next mornig lol

I'm feeling pretty. Oral actually... Just woke up and last night I apparently didn't have contractions strong enough to wake me

I really hope your baby turns...I personally would be devastated :( my biggest fear was a c section... Have they talked about doing a version? Or are they making u wait even just to have that conversation? If its an option do it!

fish2012
August 16th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Oh daltag booooo bad news! Everything crossed for you, you've still got 4 weeks is it? My consultant says they often turn in labour especially with 2nd plus bubbas

Reflexology lovely recommend over the acupuncture, no contractions as yet gonna keep praying ;-)

Wanting-a-girl
August 16th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Keep us updated if it works...:)

Girlsway
August 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM
38wks this weekend and she has to stay in for at least week till building works are finished. I wish she was born on due date that way I could have a week to prepare her stuff and relax a little.

Good luck WAG, let's hope your little one arrives on time for your bf.
Dtlatag she might still turn as others are saying.

Slouthern how are you coping with 4 and how is Julian behaving?

WantingPink I know your c-section is on Monday, good luck and keep us posted

Thorz what's the latest with you?

Salsa your hay plant is amazing, lucky you having family business. I guess you don't have to worry financially. And well done on being so organised, I am v jealous.

Fish our dates are close, it could happen any day now.

DLTAG89
August 16th, 2013, 10:43 AM
They wont discuss anything with me until i'm 36+ weeks (seeing the midwife on the 27th of aug), then ill get a scan to check position, offered a version and then if she still hasn't turned ill be booked in for a c-section to be done around 39 weeks. With DS1 being 2 weeks early and DS2 being the day after his due date i have a feeling this one will also be born early so thats making me panic a little.

Wag hope you have your little man soon so your friends can see him. Do you think you'll beat your induction date?

Wanting-a-girl
August 16th, 2013, 10:50 AM
What kind of breech is the baby? She's not transverse right? You could try to deliver o twill not give you that option... I know when I was worried about a breech the thought of trying to deliver breech settled better than a section...

I don't know if I will go before lol I have felt like I'm starting labour for over a week now lol... I havnt been able to do any walking this week cause DH is working nights and I'm not going by myself... So this weekend I will be hill walking :)

WantingPink
August 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Yes my C-section is on Monday!! I am very excited and of coarse nervous... I hate the whole C-section thing however, with DH schedule it ensures he will be there which is so important. The kids are very excited and talked about it while we walked to school this morning. 3 more days!!

Thorz300
August 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Well some of you ladies are getting really close! I'm still forever away. It seems like our group will end up mostly being in aug. except of course me and a few others.
I'm so tired of being on bed rest! I'm ready to have my life and body and normal emotions back. 37 more days for me! It seems like an eternity! I would love for her to come early but I doubt she will. Next week I start taking EPO daily. Right now I've been taking it every two days for helping with my clots. I still haven't found any RLT anywhere. Next week ds1 starts 1st grade and I have my baby shower next Saturday. I'm also throwing a shower for a friend on thurs. so I'm trying to keep busy but it's hard to do that when I'm in bed everyday! I've started packing on the lbs too I'm up to 28 and still have 5 weeks to go. I miss going out with my husband I would love a date night but I don't think my hips could handle it!

Maybe we should do a round of bump pics since some of you ladies are about to have your Little ones.

Thorz300
August 16th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Yay Wanting! I can't believe it's so close!!!

Wanting-a-girl
August 16th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I read that Walmart has RLT in the states... I get mine at shoppers drug mart our pharmacy... Even some grocery stores have it here now

Thorz300
August 16th, 2013, 02:56 PM
My Walmart doesn't have it, I'll just order it online I guess!

Wanting-a-girl
August 17th, 2013, 01:01 AM
you dont have "health food" stores? we have stores that only carry natural health food products quite a few different ones