PDA

View Full Version : Perfect month to have a baby?

Cherry bomb
August 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM
What would your ideal birth month be? Long term birthday celebrating reasons? The most ideal months to give birth? If you could pick any day of the year to have a baby what day and why?

Wanting-a-girl
August 1st, 2013, 11:57 AM
i have two april babies and a February, and a soon to be August baby... and i def love April!! i personally think april or may are the perfect months to have a baby...

Cherry bomb
August 1st, 2013, 12:03 PM
I was thinking spring as well. I also thought October/ November too. What is it about April that makes it your favorite?

Waiting4Daisy
August 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM
Deleted

Wanting-a-girl
August 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
I was nice having nice weather for the baby and summer pregnancies suck in my opinion lol... With my winter baby it was basically hibernation when he was born cause it was so cold ... I liked bein able to sit on the patio with the babies

Lisa_84
August 1st, 2013, 01:38 PM
I had an April baby and it was lovely! The day we left the hospital it was beautiful warm weather out but not hot at all. Very comfy for him and us as we adjusted to becoming new parents. Also I figure April 12th (his birthday) there's a good chance for half decent weather to do something outside with the kids at future birthday parties, but we'll always need an indoor option (of course you need this anyway even in the summer!)

Our second baby is due in January so it's gonna be completely different and COLD!

Raining
August 1st, 2013, 02:15 PM
My first son was born in Aug and my second son was born in Oct. I definitely don't want to be super pregnant again in the summer. It was awful both times! I would love a Dec/Jan/Feb baby.

lisvna
August 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
Both my sons are form November 3 years and 2 weeks apart. But our second son was born 5 weeks too early! I would like to have a spring daughter because its so much easier to get at house with a newborn. November can be very cold here with snow and ice. April/June would be perfect for me!

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2013, 03:18 PM
I kinda like having an August baby, I didn't have to worry about snowy roads going to the hospital when I was in labor, she never got sick, and there's really not much going on in August. Plus, if you have a kid who is a little smaller or less mature, no one will say anything if you hold them back for a year. My parents put me into school and I had a June birthday, so I was like a year younger than some of the kids in my class. I was physically/socially behind and so much smaller and less mature that it really put me at a disadvantage.

hotdogz&boyz
August 1st, 2013, 03:44 PM
May. I just had a May baby and I LOVE it!

I had a September and an October before. I would not choose another fall or winter baby. They were both sick a lot as little ones (my first got RSV at 3 months). We were trapped inside a lot, which was especially hard with my first, since I was kinda bored. And then also hard with my second because I was trapped inside with a rowdy toddler and a baby. And then when I wanted to do fun stuff in the summer, they were at that awkward age of crawling but not walking, so the beach and the park were hard. Cause I couldn't put them down and have them stay put, but they weren't able to crawl around in those places.

So I said I wanted my third in the spring or summer (March-July) and we ended up with a May 9th baby. And I am loving it so far. She will be over 6 months for the winter season. We have done so much fun stuff with the big brothers (park, beach, walks) and she just comes along in her sling.

I plan to try for our last baby to be born in June or July (since we already have a May and I like separate birth months too).

lisvna
August 1st, 2013, 04:04 PM
Atomic I think that's the reason why in the Netherlands they made the school rules different. Here you start school at the age of 4 and the week you turn 4 you have to start at school.

Rainbow baby
August 1st, 2013, 08:00 PM
I would love a winter baby, all mine have been summer babies and I live in Oz so it has been singlets and nappies!! I want to dress a newborn up in the gorgeous little white bear suits or any little outfit for that matter heheh I see Have them wrapped in the fluffiest soft blanket, cause thats what I picture in my head lol. So I am going with a either J month!! Plus it is half way from Christmas so they don't have to wait all year bugging me when there birthday is!

Cherry bomb
August 4th, 2013, 06:43 AM
I was trying to decide between spring or late fall. Maybe a transfer in June would be ideal.

crazycatcouple
October 24th, 2013, 12:24 PM
We had our daughter in May, which was pretty nice, however, the first part of my pregnancy was during the holidays while I was feeling awful from all the morning sickness! This time we're going to start trying during the holidays to hopefully have a fall baby. Our thoughts were that since we are trying for a boy, and boys tend to mature a little slower than girls, we'd rather have him be one of the older students in school...we want to give him every advantage possible :-) Plus, although I'll have to deal with the excruciating summer months here in FL while pregnant, at least the weather will be nice once the baby arrives, and we can enjoy some time outside. With our daughter, the months after she was born were so hot, it was miserable. Plus, it seemed the only thing that calmed the colic was being outside, lol. And with having one May birthday, and one fall birthday, they'll be spaced out enough to save for presents and plan parties!

mommy2j&l
October 24th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Both of my ds' b-days are in July.. Great month for parties, as it is nice and warm! This time around we are planning Oct.-Feb. b-day though, b/c with ds2 I sat inside the house and breastfed him all summer. I am an outside person and did not like the fact that we were stuck in the house during the beautiful weather! Kinda too weird to sit on the patio and try to feed with all of the bugs and summer sun :) Also, they are old enough to be able to sit in the grass and play in the summer if they are Oct/Nov baby
Have to admit though, neither of my boys ever got sick when they were babies...

The Anchor
October 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I liked having my DS in June. It really worked out perfectly, didn't have to wear GINORMOUS winter maternity clothing because it was spring for the last trimester, and I got to enjoy the rest of summer with him on mat leave :). My DD was born late September and it wasn't the longest summer of my life!

o18e
November 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM
My ideal month would be February to have a baby. That is a month my husband isn't in the field harvesting or planting. We had one son end of November and harvest can still be going on and the other in May (which was nice because of the weather), but that is planting season. :) February also sounds good because I know warm weather is a few months away which gives me some time to shed some pounds and get back into my normal clothes.