PDA

View Full Version : Girl

Becca.lms
August 1st, 2013, 12:31 PM
Found out today my sister is having a girl.

gurly
August 1st, 2013, 12:53 PM
Found out today my sister is having a girl.

Is this her first child?
How are you feeling about it?

missmegrn
August 1st, 2013, 01:06 PM
I can relate. My SIL just had a boy 2 weeks ago, her first child. She also took the name we had planned to use if we ever had a boy (she knew it was our picked name b/c she had asked dh if we would be upset it she used it). I am still hurt about it being a boy and the name thing. I eventually will get over it, but it will take some time. I hope you are doing ok, emotionally. It has been hard for me since I am on basically cycle 6/7 of ttc, I figured getting pg this month might help, but instead I got af. Hopefully it will happen for us both soon, and everyone else here having a hard time ttc.

Becca.lms
August 1st, 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm truly okay with it
She has one boy right now. I have two. So three together. I'm glad Its a girl, we need some Estrogen. She lives upstairs from us so if I never get a girl at least there is one in the family. And she really wanted a girl. She used to joke about taking my name and if she did I will would not forgive her. I don't think she will though.

All aspects of both their lifestyle pointed to her having another boy.

LUVBEBI
August 1st, 2013, 01:34 PM
I hope you have a girl one day too, every mom needs at least a boy and a girl. I have been blessed with three healthy smart boys but I really want a girl.

nuthinbutpink
August 1st, 2013, 02:09 PM
I got a text from my sister while in the hospital after having my DD3 that her first she had just found out at her scan was a boy! That was tough but she(everybody) knew I wanted a boy so she was terrified to tell me. I felt bad for her because I did not want to ruin her moment so I called and told her congrats and not to feel bad.

All she ever wanted was a little girl though and I know it probably stinks for her to have to hang with my crew so the feeling was mutual. Good for you for handling it so well. You are a good sister!

Waiting4Daisy
August 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM
ITA with nuthinbutpink. You never know what the future holds. Someone I knew had all boys and desperately wanted a girl. Their cousin got pregnant with twin girls and she swallowed the jealousy and cuddled them and loved then when the arrived. And in not too long a time, she had a daughter of her own. She was so glad she had celebrated the girls arriving.

I'm sure one day you'll have your own little girl and be so happy you embraced your sister's lg. you sound like an amazingly gracious person. I always try to be really happy when people get their dream because I hope that somewhere god is watching and will reward my patience. Maybe that is my wishful thinking though!

I'm sure she won't steal your name. That wouldn't be very nice of her.

Becca.lms
August 1st, 2013, 06:25 PM
I won't lie, it definitely stings.
But ultimately I'll be welcoming a beautiful girl in my life so how could I complain.
Thanks girls. I'm glad to have ppl here in my same predictamint!

Rainbow baby
August 1st, 2013, 07:54 PM
Oh gosh I feel I am going to go through this soon as well!! With a girly nub shot and my sister always getting everything just that little bit or a lot better than me, be it looks, the same exact car car from granny but my sons was broken what have you the list goes long!! I have a case of the jealousy bug to!! At least you get to have a little neice :) now thats a plus you can do the girly things with her and some of my best relationships are with my Aunties <3 but boy does it get on that horrid green nerve!!

Becca.lms
August 1st, 2013, 08:31 PM
Oh gosh I feel I am going to go through this soon as well!! With a girly nub shot and my sister always getting everything just that little bit or a lot better than me, be it looks, the same exact car car from granny but my sons was broken what have you the list goes long!! I have a case of the jealousy bug to!! At least you get to have a little neice :) now thats a plus you can do the girly things with her and some of my best relationships are with my Aunties <3 but boy does it get on that horrid green nerve!!

Yes!!! She always gets everything better ha ha .
Two weeks ago we went camping - downpour.
Gisele went camping week later - FULL SUN!!!

Becca.lms
August 2nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Yep. Broke down, couldnt help it!

hoping4agirl2014
September 3rd, 2013, 11:03 PM
After finding out that my DS4 was a boy my sister-in-law decided to send me a ton of pictures of her children(mostly her brand new DD). I wouldn't have thought anything of it except this was the first and only time she ever did this. I was hurt and livid at the time.

My sister is getting ready to have her first son after having two DD but I am truly happy for her although a tinge jealous, if I am honest. But she is totally supportive of me and is actually the only person in my family that I have told we are trying again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

aidansmum
September 3rd, 2013, 11:31 PM
Deja vu moment here. I had just had Aidan and my sister was 15 weeks pregnant and guess what??? A girl! Her first child! To be honest it hurt just a little bit but hey, I had my little boy in my arms and looking at him and thought 'you are so perfect and I never, ever would have wanted any other child other than you'. I love him so much it made me 'forgive' my sister for having a girl :) and I am glad Aidan has a little girl in the family to play with as well, in case I never get to have one.