PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a chemical? Praying that it isn't...

Princess_G
August 2nd, 2013, 06:36 AM
I posted yesterday re: my BFP's on FRER and IC tests, that thread is here (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/bfp/32616-please-tell-me-im-not-seeing-things-my-bfp.html).
I woke this morning, 17dpo and my breasts have stopped hurting completely. They have been unbelievably painful to the point that something brushing past them hurts A LOT. But this morning, not one bit of pain.
It worried me so I took the 2nd FRER test in the box with FMU.
The positive line came up fairly quickly but seems even weaker than yesterday's BFP.
IC tests (10miu) are showing a super faint line that you really have to look for. I can't even get it to show up on camera.

Here are my 16dpo and 17dpo FRER tests, the 16dpo one is on top, 17dpo on bottom.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag3/PRINCESSGP/16-17dpo_zpscaee3aca.jpg

Should the tests be progressing and getting darker at this stage? I am 3 days late for AF. No spotting or cramping.
I would have thought at this point the HCG would have increased enough to give a good strong positive on a test such as FRER.
I feel so upset, got such a bad feeling.

Here in the UK we aren't able to have blood taken to check HCG levels as routine practice, when this happened before the Dr's seemed to have little to no knowledge of chemical pregnancies and have a 'just wait and see' attitude towards it.

BeadinMom
August 2nd, 2013, 06:41 AM
I had a chemical right before getting pregnant for this baby.
I will be honest, my lines didn't get darker & then I started to bleed. So this time I watched the progression of the lines get darker...
And I also was put on progesterone...I truly believe that was the key to my successful (fingers crossed...so far) pregnancy.

I know they don't test HCG routinely, but could you call & tell them you think your progesterone may be low?

glory
August 2nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hey there, to be honest I have only studied sticks (and a lot) in the HT section, so they may be totally different, in the fact that we know how old the embryo is when we put it in and how many days exactly it is since transfer. Wheras with natural there are a lot of time differences that can occur,

For me though, at 16dpo, they do look a little light (sorry but it is my honest opinion), so I would think if this was a viable pregnancy then you possibly ovulated later than you thought or fertilisation may have taken a little longer. Which is totally normal (like I said HT is different so they are the only sticks i have good knowledge on)

With a line like that you can't expect it to get hugely dark the next day, HCG only doubles every 2 days, so at the moment your HCG say is 20, it will be 2 days till it gets to 40, then another 2 days to get to 80 and it is about now that you will get dark lines that get darker day by day.

I know it is hard, but the tests are not designed to tell us how pregnant we are but that we are pregnant. I have had chemicals too, so it is also that added stress of it.

The only thing you can do is wait and see, test with the same test at the same time of day with the same wee type. The top test will also get darker with time so you shouldn't compare the sticks over a day.

Good luck xo

Princess_G
August 2nd, 2013, 07:27 AM
I had a chemical right before getting pregnant for this baby.
I will be honest, my lines didn't get darker & then I started to bleed. So this time I watched the progression of the lines get darker...
And I also was put on progesterone...I truly believe that was the key to my successful (fingers crossed...so far) pregnancy.

I know they don't test HCG routinely, but could you call & tell them you think your progesterone may be low?

It's friday afternoon so I am going to have to wait until monday morning to call my GP and pray nothing bad happens over the weekend. Thanks for your post, I will certainly mention the progesterone because I've just been reading up on signs/symptoms of low progesterone and I tick far too many boxes.
Hope you don't mind me asking, but with your chemical how many DPO were you when you had a BFP?

Princess_G
August 2nd, 2013, 07:31 AM
Hey there, to be honest I have only studied sticks (and a lot) in the HT section, so they may be totally different, in the fact that we know how old the embryo is when we put it in and how many days exactly it is since transfer. Wheras with natural there are a lot of time differences that can occur,

For me though, at 16dpo, they do look a little light (sorry but it is my honest opinion), so I would think if this was a viable pregnancy then you possibly ovulated later than you thought or fertilisation may have taken a little longer. Which is totally normal (like I said HT is different so they are the only sticks i have good knowledge on)

With a line like that you can't expect it to get hugely dark the next day, HCG only doubles every 2 days, so at the moment your HCG say is 20, it will be 2 days till it gets to 40, then another 2 days to get to 80 and it is about now that you will get dark lines that get darker day by day.

I know it is hard, but the tests are not designed to tell us how pregnant we are but that we are pregnant. I have had chemicals too, so it is also that added stress of it.

The only thing you can do is wait and see, test with the same test at the same time of day with the same wee type. The top test will also get darker with time so you shouldn't compare the sticks over a day.

Good luck xo

Thank you glory, please don't apologise for your honesty!
Hubby is refusing to believe anything could be wrong but I just have this feeling in my gut. It has been 2 days since my original BFP at 15dpo, which I think was why I expected to see a lovely bold line this morning at 17dpo.
I am just going to have to wait it out, as much as it is killing me
Thanks again

Princess_G
August 3rd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Another FRER this morning with FMU was even an even lighter positive again.
It's not looking good at all.
No cramping and no spotting or bleeding, but lack of strong positives is heartbreaking

Ribenaberry
August 3rd, 2013, 09:25 AM
I had this with dd2, the lines were super light for ages, i had a scan at 6+1 which showed no baby at all and they told me to think about how i wanted to remove it (devastated!) but i insisted on another scan and 3 days later there was a bubba measuring 6+2 with a strong heartbeat, and she is currently fast asleep upstairs!

The day of the 6+1 scan i still had to wait a few seconds for the line to start showing, and it made me think the worst, which didnt help when they couldn't find anything, but as glory said, they are there to say you have hcg in your system, nothing else! And i got my bfp at 11dpo, so it doesnt matter if you get it early either!

When i had my chemical at 4+5 i didnt get a positive til 15dpo, but i woke up bleeding on 17dpo, after quite bad cramps on 16dpo. The tests didnt get lighter, i just bled. So i wouldnt take anything the tests 'say' unless they are still that light after a few weeks :)

Fingers crossed for a sticky bean. :fingers:
Xxx

Princess_G
August 3rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Thank you for sharing your story ribenaberry, what a lovely outcome!
For every 10 stories I read that say their similar situation ended in a chemical, a reassuring positive story like this one appears and gives me hope.
I am still getting very faint positives, much lighter than the original BFP 3 days ago.
The fact that I have disappearing symptoms doesn't really go in my favour though, did you have experience with that?
I know deep in my heart this is just a waiting game, but I'm finding it soooo hard! Hubby is in the mindset that the 5+ positive lines we have had are exactly that- positives. So as far as he is concerned, we are having a baby. I just feel like I'm waiting for the inevitable ending to happen.

Praying this bean is the stickiest of sticky beans!

BeadinMom
August 3rd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Praying, too!!! <3

Ribenaberry
August 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
With one mc the symptoms disappeared overnight, with another they didnt go til i had medical management, and my symptoms with the chemical were really strong until i bled. With dd1 i was car sick 24/7 but never sick, with dd2 i was sick twice but didnt feel ill all the time. So even in one person there is no answer in symptoms :(

I remember the helplessness i felt in just those 3 days, i drank loads!! I found a whole website dedicated to misdiagnosed miscarriages (so very sad) who'd been through the same as me. With the 2nd miscarriage i had to wait 3 weeks after the first scan before the nhs would do anything, at the time i just wanted it to be over, but after reading that i can see why they wait! (Sorry i digress!)

The only thing you can do is pray and wait, its horrible but accepting that you can't change the outcome brings a kind of peace - at least it did to me.

I still hope that bubba is growing strong in there!

Xxx

Princess_G
August 4th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I think I am having a miscarriage ladies.
I was suffering from horrendous cramps through the night and this morning started bleeding heavily - the blood is bright red and there is a lot of clots.
I'm heartbroken :(

BeadinMom
August 4th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Oh Princess, I am so incredibly sorry.
I wish there was something I could say or do to ease this for you...but I know from personal experience, there really is nothing.
I would definitely call my doctor if I were you & speak about the possibility of low progesterone. Ive had 2 chemicals & bled for 3 of my children...this is the only one I didn't bleed for...and I truly believe without supplemental progesterone I would never be able to carry a baby to term.
You're in my thoughts & prayers...XO

Ribenaberry
August 4th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Oh hun i am so sorry :( it sucks, take some time for yourself and hubby and you know we are here if you want to talk about it.

Xxx

Princess_G
August 6th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Thank you ladies. We are getting there slowly. Taking one day at a time.
As devastated as we both are, we are both in agreement that we want to try again as soon as possible,.

Angelone
August 6th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I Hav had two chemicals in the last two months and I'm sorry to say me were dark and got progressively lighter I just hope the same isn't happening to u

Sorry hadn't read thread fully so sorry xz

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Princess_G
August 6th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I Hav had two chemicals in the last two months and I'm sorry to say me were dark and got progressively lighter I just hope the same isn't happening to u

Sorry hadn't read thread fully so sorry xz

How are you coping Dazie? I am feeling strange at the moment. Definitely want to try again asap but worried where I stand with swaying. Are you still going to sway?

BeadinMom
August 6th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Princess....and Dazie...
Not being insensitive...I just went through it myself in April...but I also wanted to let you know that in reading the swaying spreadsheet results, first cycle pregnancy after m/c seems to sway girl.

Thinking of both of you ladies & saying prayers for healthy, happy pregnancies. XO

sushikitty
August 6th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Oh no :( I am so sorry :( I believe I suffered too with chemical this previous cycle, but the ladies here help soothe the sorrow.

I guess, the only good thing that came out of it, for some reason our bodies rejected the egg, perhaps maybe a genetic malfunction or something. I am so sorry that you're going through this. :( *bear hug*

Angelone
August 6th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Princess g if I'm honest it's just been a nitemare I don't no why yes happening i had a mc at nearly 6 weeks in April then chemical June and July and tbh my Dr just cudnt Hav cared less u went to see him in thurs and ye basically just told me to stop testing early and keep trying despite ut being 9 months trying it was perfect within a healthy timescale the jus are o no help.. Iv decided t give it a real break and not think about it anymore just I'd ut happens ut happens no testing or stressing and aye that will b the best thing for us

I hope u feel better soon and Def st get back on ttc as a lot of people Hav said about chemicals swaying girl :) xx

BeadinMom
August 6th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Dazie,
Can you change doctors?? That just doesn't seem right.
I have low progesterone...without it, I can't carry a baby. It may be something as simple as that...and it's easy enough to test for.
I am so sorry for what you're going through....
Praying for a healthy pregnancy for you.

Angelone
August 7th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Beadinmum I'm not sure they'd even b beer it seems tha they aren't that worried a all I thought after three loses of any gestation they'd be looking into it and also the fact in 35 ur ment to b referred after 6 months of trying Wi no success :( so what happens if uv low progesterone how do they treat it x

BeadinMom
August 7th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Wow Dazie...I am so sorry.
Low progesterone is treated with progesterone capsules - orally or by vaginal suppository. Its actually really easy to treat & outside of annoying side effects, its very safe. I didn't even have my levels tested this time, I just put myself on it - since my doctor had given me a script "just in case." I know from my history, I need it.
I wish you could see another doctor...I really think its possible your answer is as simple as that, too.
At the very least I would call the nurse & ask for the blood test or even a script for progesterone & use it with your next BFP...it won't hurt, but could definitely help.

Keep me posted, please...
Thinking of you. XO

Angelone
August 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
What sort of side effects was it giving u and also were u losing the pregnancies early on xx

BeadinMom
August 9th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Sorry...just seeing this!!!

The side effects...nothing too bad, just tiredness...little bit of lightheadedness...but I took it at night, so it worked out fine.

I've had two early m/cs & bled for all of my babies except this one...but that's probably b/c I put myself on the progesterone. My doctor tested me for low progesterone when I started bleeding for the others....except when I actually m/c'd....if I had had the blood work, I probably wouldve been put on progesterone & wouldn't have m/c'd.
The m/c I had in April was at 5 weeks & a couple days or so.