PDA

View Full Version : Yes, another RePHresh question

babygrlcrazy
August 2nd, 2013, 03:27 PM
Hi Ladies, I just wanted to say that I absolutley love this site! I recently switched over from the other gender site and it seemed like I could never get anyone to answer my questions. This is my first post on here but from what I've been reading, Atomic herself or one of the other moderators are always answering all the questions that get posted. So, with that being said here is my question. I plan on swaying for a girl in the next 4-5 months and I am going to try RePhresh as suggested by Atomic every 3 days. What I would like to know is if after I BD and my PH does go up what should I use to immediatley lower it down? I am fearful of using lime as I will be 38 when TTC and I want to get PG as soon as possible. TIA!!

oxox2013
August 2nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Hey there babygrlcrazy! I am no expert by any means but I thought I would try to help. As far as I understand, the way rephresh works is that it automatically relowers your pH to a reasonable level when it is raised by certain means. I dont think you should have to do anything to try and lower it further than what the rephresh will do on its own. Hope that helps!

Raining
August 2nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Maybe someone can clarify. I thought the whole low ph thing=girls was a myth? I was reading an essay about it but still see it included in all the sways. Maybe someone could help me understand. Thanks! Didn't mean to hijack this post ;)

BeadinMom
August 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Welcome!!!!
We're happy to have you over here...things are definitely different here & I truly believe they are better!!!

As for your question...honestly, nobody REALLY knows that low ph actually sways...the point of the Rephresh is to act more like a barrier...but not tooo much of a barrier for the sperm, if that makes sense. So truthfully, if you've used it for the days leading up, thats all you need. If you add something after, the likelihood of you falling pregnant at all is slim to none.

babygrlcrazy
August 2nd, 2013, 04:41 PM
This is wonderful news, thanks you so much ladies! On the "other site" they stressed the importance of keeping your PH low after after BD and it stressed me out lol... I was just thinking to myself how the heck am I going to continue to monitor my PH for 4 hours while working full time and raising 4 boys one of whom is 2. And then trying to douche and all that was stuff was just way too much.

2bnaday
August 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
I *think* (not trying to put words in her mouth!) from other responses of hers, that Atomic would not recommend ANY rephresh if you're trying to get pregnant as quickly as possible...and recommends the one attempt at +opk above any jellies/lube/douche, etc.

That being said, I'm also planning on using the Rephresh every 3 days after AF-O and am not doing any douches/lime. I'm using antihistimines though (which is a CM thing, not a PH thing). I agree with the responses above that you wouldn't need to do additional to lower it back down, bc if you're lowering it too much it will kill everything off and you won't conceive at all. Best of luck!

Raining
August 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Ohhh ok, I understand. It's more about "blocking" some of the sperm therefore lowering fertility aka swaying girl?

BeadinMom
August 2nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Exactly!! At least that is MY understanding.
You worded it much better than I did. :)

atomic sagebrush
August 3rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
within 15-30 minutes after intercourse, all the viable sperm in the semen will have left and gone up inside out of reach of RepHresh anyway. So please do not worry if your pH goes up after that point. Don't even CHECK your pH after intercourse. It is SUPPOSED to go up.

The idea that your pH needs to be 4.5 for a girl is completely nonsense anyway. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html

atomic sagebrush
August 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Maybe someone can clarify. I thought the whole low ph thing=girls was a myth? I was reading an essay about it but still see it included in all the sways. Maybe someone could help me understand. Thanks! Didn't mean to hijack this post ;)

It is a totally unproven myth and the link I posted above goes into mind numbing detail about why biologically it just can't work that way.

Sometimes we get people from the old-school sites and so they mention things that we don't necessarily believe.

I got a boy with pH of 4.5 and a girl not checking my pH at all so I can testify that the pH thing is not the end-all be-all of swaying.