PDA

View Full Version : Dark hair in strange places = boy?

meeks32
August 2nd, 2013, 08:24 PM
Just me again with another crazy theory/worry prior to my nub scan on Tuesday.

So I have dark hair very fair skin and light eyes, and with my ds1 and 2 I always got this strange and embarrassing fine black hair (sometimes quite long) on my neck, chin, and belly between the belly button and my undie line.

This time I have it too! I'm almost 12 weeks.

Please tell me this isn't a dark hair = boy thing? Do girl mums ever get this too?

I only get it in pregnancy and pluck it like mad but it grows back until I have the baby then stops.

Interestingly my leg hair hasn't grown at all this pregnancy and grew like mad last 2 times.

odd
August 2nd, 2013, 09:46 PM
No idea it it's related to the sex of the baby or hormones/pregnancy or what not, BUT, I had the same thing happen to me when I was pregnant with my DS. I'm pretty hairless naturally so it was rather strange and yucky lol

Thorz300
August 2nd, 2013, 09:48 PM
I don't know about the black hairs lol! But I do know that with my boys my hair on my legs grew so fast that I couldn't keep up with it. I could shave in the morning and by night it would feel like I hadn't shaved in days or weeks. This time around I only have to shave like once a week! So for me this old wives tale was true. That is if she is really a girl..... I still have my doubts lol

OnlyPraying
August 2nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
For me, it was the leg hair that always gave the gender away. With my son it grew so fast that I had to shave everyday to keep up and with my girls I literally shaved just once and the hair never came back until after I delivered them.

mommymachine
August 2nd, 2013, 10:11 PM
The hair thing was true for me but not until 20 weeks.

meeks32
August 3rd, 2013, 01:43 AM
Bump

3boys
August 3rd, 2013, 06:35 AM
I am extremely hairy this pregnancy. It's even on my belly (luckily not brown but I can see it!!) it's gross but did prepare me for hearing boy.

meeks32
August 3rd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Bump

coocoobananas
August 4th, 2013, 12:39 AM
I have to say that I noticed my hair on my legs not coming in fast this past pregnancy and it was another boy... I wouldn't put stick in it;)

Mumof3girls
August 4th, 2013, 07:37 AM
I was so hairy with my third girl pregnancy it was not funny so I think its got something to do with your hormones.