PDA

View Full Version : Just found out I'm having another boy

Lastsong
August 2nd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Struggling a little bit - I know I'll come to terms with it soon but I am feeling pretty upset today. I think most of the issue is knowing that my husband doesn't want anymore so this is the end, and that the family girls name now ends with me. Plus my MIL has two boys and I know that she feels like she's missed out on a lot by not having a daughter. So just a bit upset today.

atomic sagebrush
August 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( FWIW and I know it's not much right now, I love having pairs of boys, I think they should come in sets. :)

sushikitty
August 2nd, 2013, 11:31 PM
God is just building an army of brothers for when your princess arrives! :) I know how you feel, I felt the same way at the gender ultrasound, but I promise it will fizzle down once you see that previous baby boys face! *Hugs*

black&gold
August 3rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
There is honestly nothing sweeter than two little brothers. The moment I saw the connection forming between DS1 & DS2 I couldn't imagine it any other way. You will be so happy you have a brother for your son once you see that love - so special. I'm sorry you're feeling down and hope it turns to happiness very soon xo

heartmytwo
August 3rd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Ill be thinking about you. We found out a few weeks ago were having dd2.

Thorz300
August 3rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Like others have said, two brothers is so much fun! My little guys are best friends and even though each time I was told boy during an ultrasound I cried and had gender disappointment, I wouldn't have it any other way now! My boys couldn't live with out each other and they adore me, I am their one and only princess, well that is until this sister comes. My DH was absolutely done at 3 but now here we are with baby number 4 and she is a girl and our family will be complete. Your DH may say he is done now, but nothing is set in stone! Hang in there, it will be ok!

EmmyRoo
August 3rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
I have to echo what the others have said, my two are so good a playing together, it's lovely for them to have a brother. My DH also wanted to stop at 2 and I spent over a year trying very hard to come to terms with that, but once DS2 got past the sleepless nights stage he relented, especially seeing how sad I was, and here we are on number 3. Ok so it's another boy and my sway failed, so I have to deal with that, but I will get the three children I always wanted. In time your DH may relent too.

We have an opposites thread in the due in dec/jan/feb forum, come and join us if you like, we're trying to focus on the positives of our all-boy families.

X

Lastsong
August 5th, 2013, 04:07 AM
I'll do that thanks EmmyRoo. Thanks everyone, it's sinking in a bit now but still struggling with the fact that I'll never have a daughter, but not much I can do.

2lovelyboys
August 5th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Emmyroo, do you have a link to the opposites thread?

I recently found out I'm expecting DS3, I am surprisingly alright about it although I do have down days. I think seeing my boys playing, laughing, fighting together has helped, they are great friends and I hope they grow into best friends! Boys are great, although I've always dreamed of a DD I would never swap my boys!

EmmyRoo
August 5th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Sure thing, here it is! We're all in the same boat there so it's good to help and support each other through the loss of the dream.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-dec-2013-jan-february-2014/32151-dreaming-pink-opposites-due-winter-2013-14-a.html

See you there.
X

Charlee
August 6th, 2013, 02:42 PM
You never know what life will throw your way.... truly!

I am so sorry you are disappointed, but congrats on your new little guy! Come on over to the opposites thread, we are all feeling the same way there... :)

2lovelyboys
August 7th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Sure thing, here it is! We're all in the same boat there so it's good to help and support each other through the loss of the dream.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-dec-2013-jan-february-2014/32151-dreaming-pink-opposites-due-winter-2013-14-a.html

See you there.
X

Thank you for the link!!!!!