PDA

View Full Version : I shouldn't be feeling like this :(

onthepond
August 3rd, 2013, 09:39 PM
I feel so blessed to be pregnant again after a horrible MC and D&C and then TTC for 4 months, but I just KNOW in my heart that this one is another girl and I am struggling with it. We didn't really do much to sway unfortunately because after our MC (which was a boy) we just wanted a baby, though were hoping for a boy. I am just sad now because my DH will never have a boy and it just breaks me - he is such a man's man and ALL of our friends are having or had boys this year, just seems SO UNFAIR. I KNOW they will all be making comments to him on this about another daughter and that makes me sad. I also know my MIL will make a comment and I KNOW my SIL will get lucky with a boy when they find out. UUG. Literally, just today 2 more announced together they are both expecting boys in December and it just makes me sad.

I am almost 11 weeks along, not sure when we will be able to find out gender, but I feel like I don't need it confirmed. I am positive this is a girl, Ramzi, PH and heartbeat support that too. Pregnancy is very similar as with our DD and my best friend told me she knows it's a girl, too (she is the only one who guessed right with DD). I should just be happy, so happy that I am pregnant again with a healthy baby and that our DD will have a sibling. I feel so wrong for feeling this way. Has anyone else felt this way? UUG I hate myself for feeling this way.

nuthinbutpink
August 3rd, 2013, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry you are down. You can't help having a desire for the opposite gender. I think it's a normal feeling and many of us have been there.

hotdogz&boyz
August 3rd, 2013, 11:36 PM
Having losses does NOT take away gender desire. They can and do exist together. Wishing to have a healthy baby of a certain gender doesn't take away the pain you felt from a loss or the happiness you have over a healthy baby this time. But your visions for your family remain, even through losses. So don't feel down on yourself or feeling that desire for a son. We all get that feeling...it's why we are here :)

And furthermore...you are still sitting 50-50 for gender. Ramzis, heartbeat, symptoms, and other people's "psychic" predictions aren't even close to accurate gender predictors. I know tons of people who have same pregnancies with different genders. And tons who have 2-3 of the same and totally different pregnancies. You are still in the game for a son!

dloui128
August 4th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I'm so sorry you are feeling down Hun :hugs:
I read your sway and it sounds great and for what it's worth ramzi, and heart rate and everything else pointed to girl for me and I had a boy so don't count yourself out yet

onthepond
August 5th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks ladies. Man, do I hope I am wrong. I really do, but more than anything I just want a healthy baby and sibling for my sweet DD.. In my heart, though, I really want this baby to be a boy...I just don't believe with any piece of me that it is. With DD I had no clue if she was a boy or a girl...but with this one I feel like I have known the entire time it's a girl. Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

3littleladies
September 5th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Hope your feeling better, you just might be wrong but if your right and baby is another girl, trust me you're giving your dd the best gift ever.

monkeysnuffer
September 6th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Dont count yourself out yet. I was sure i was having another son this time around and so was everyone around me. When i told a coworker i wanted a girl she said yeah right its a boy.
Well its a girl lol.

onthepond
September 7th, 2013, 04:07 AM
You ladies are all so wonderful. I found out today that I was wrong...we do have a baby BOY brewing in there! All the worry, makes me feel very silly! Thanks for all of the support!

RKT Mama
September 7th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Congratulations on your son

Thorz300
September 7th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Yay congrats!

onthepond
September 8th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Thank you so much! It all still feels so surreal. But so wonderful :)

Adia
September 10th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Congrats girlie! Wonderful news!

Mrs_Incredible
October 2nd, 2013, 05:02 AM
Amazing news, congratulations xx
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express