PDA

View Full Version : contradicting diet

gizmo77
May 12th, 2011, 03:36 PM
i thought i saw somewhere that beef (red meat) is preferred over chicken (white meat) for TTC boy. i found that beef is the most acidic meat however.
and actually as im doing my diet research, im finding so many contrasts! like spinach is good for alkalinity but has magnesium in it (if youre doing IG minerals). i guess no one then can ever have the STRONGEST sway bc you can always make excuses for everything if things dont go youre way!!!! kind of disheartening.
gues syou just do your best huh

Zivic-Bubac
May 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Red meat is slightly acidic and we should eat it bcoz it raises testosterone.
I believe from what I read, red meat should give best results if you are 0 blood type and it is very acidifying if you are A blood type. It's from the book "Eat right for your Type" from John D'Adamo and it is about food that is the best for each blood type.

For example, we know we should ear cereals for brekkie when TTC a boy, but in that book author says cereals are the best choice for A blood type, they can eat them 7 days a week and they are acidifying for 0 blood type who are 'carnivors'.
I asked Atomic about cereals, since rye is recommended for 0 blood type but only 2-3 times a week, but she said rye raises estrogen and oat raises testosterone, so I'm combining rye and oat 3 times a week for breakfast.

So, yes, you are right, we are all trying to do our best....
Lots of vegetables are rich in Mg, you can track your daily intake on www.fitday. com I find that too complicated :oops:

I'm trying to stick with general guidelines for :DS: diet: eat breakfast ( cereals 3 times a week), green tea, bananas, tomatoes, orange juice, potatoes, red meat, dried figs (alkalizing), chips ( OK that's potatoes too), pizza, nuts, salt, salt and salt.
Plus of course all the supps and vits.
From time to time I check is something alkalizing or not although I'm already aware what are no-no's for us.

lightofmylife
May 13th, 2011, 09:59 AM
i was also confused over this ...but then i thought best is to consume recommended amount of sodium and potassium from diet and supplements coz its hormones which we want to control...... lots of vegetarian couples conceive boys so just check your sodium and potassium intake through fitday.............if there is sumthing acidifying other thing must conceal that effect which is more alkalizing, we want balanced diet.. i always remember 'POWERFUL DIET SWAYS BLUE"

gizmo77
May 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
i hear ya guys. i am blood type B so i wonder what it says about me. well thats what i mean, you eat all potassium and sodium, but the potassium doesnt seem to come WITHOUT the magnesium. there is magnesium in everything and i do plan to track (on my own excel spreadsheet that dh will be happy to create for me! ;-)) but i guess i havent really looked at th enumbers and im hoping there isnt as MUCH mag in certain fruits/vegs as there is the potassium (and carbs) that im eating them for.
"if there is sumthing acidifying other thing must conceal that effect which is more alkalizing, we want balanced diet"

i guess that makes sense....overcome the stuff you dont want (acids, mags, calciums, etc).

Flava
May 13th, 2011, 12:42 PM
See that's the thing! I just don't know how to count all this. Some one posted a list (maybe in the april ttc blue) and I printed out ."common foods very high, high, medium and low in magnesium" so I try to eat mostly from the "low" list.
(but nuts are on the very high list and we do eat nuts because atomic said it's so good for ttc boy:think:)
Also printed out another list "Foods that contain potassium" and try to eat the highest point ones.
This is what I can do...Im B rh - blood type and have no idea what is best for it. All I can hear about is what good for type O !

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 03:04 PM
When you lift out the acidity/alkalinity idea though, the diets make a lot more sense overall and that is the aspect of the IG diet iwth the least amount of science backing it up. I think the French Gender Diet and the High-Everything/Low-Everything diet fit together pretty well.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 03:08 PM
i thought i saw somewhere that beef (red meat) is preferred over chicken (white meat) for TTC boy. i found that beef is the most acidic meat however.
and actually as im doing my diet research, im finding so many contrasts! like spinach is good for alkalinity but has magnesium in it (if youre doing IG minerals). i guess no one then can ever have the STRONGEST sway bc you can always make excuses for everything if things dont go youre way!!!! kind of disheartening.
gues syou just do your best huh See that is what I am talking about on the other thread, when they make it so complicated that no one can even follow it, there is always an excuse for when it goes bad. It's always that you ate something wrong or did something wrong, but it just can't be so complicated or all those people wouldn't be walking around out there with kids of both genders and being totally oblivious to all this.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 03:10 PM
See that's the thing! I just don't know how to count all this. Some one posted a list (maybe in the april ttc blue) and I printed out ."common foods very high, high, medium and low in magnesium" so I try to eat mostly from the "low" list.
(but nuts are on the very high list and we do eat nuts because atomic said it's so good for ttc boy:think:)
Also printed out another list "Foods that contain potassium" and try to eat the highest point ones.
This is what I can do...Im B rh - blood type and have no idea what is best for it. All I can hear about is what good for type O !

The blood type stuff is interesting but to try and encorporate that into a sway diet too - it just adds another layer of complexity that we probably don't even need to think about. My hope is to simplify the swaying diets, not make them more complicated.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 03:15 PM
i hear ya guys. i am blood type B so i wonder what it says about me. well thats what i mean, you eat all potassium and sodium, but the potassium doesnt seem to come WITHOUT the magnesium. there is magnesium in everything and i do plan to track (on my own excel spreadsheet that dh will be happy to create for me! ;-)) but i guess i havent really looked at th enumbers and im hoping there isnt as MUCH mag in certain fruits/vegs as there is the potassium (and carbs) that im eating them for.
"if there is sumthing acidifying other thing must conceal that effect which is more alkalizing, we want balanced diet"

i guess that makes sense....overcome the stuff you dont want (acids, mags, calciums, etc).

That is a big part of why I don't think the FGD really sways via minerals - because most foods have all the different minerals in all different concentrations. Dairy has TONS of sodium and potassium and eating/drinking milk at every meal is hardly a low sodium diet. The ratios seem absolutely impossible for people to be eating that way on accident, when it's so hard for us to eat that way on purpose. And then why do vegetarians have more girls, when they eat tons of potassium all the time, and virtually everyone in the industrialized world eats way more sodium every day but they seem to have both boys and girls. Not to mention the acidity/alkalinity idea. It's so confusing, I wish I had a billion dollars and a lab and then I would test all these things and see what is really going on.

lightofmylife
May 13th, 2011, 03:42 PM
it's really confusing... does it mean women who conceive twin boy and girl have alkaline environment, balanced sodium, pot , cal, mag, etc ?? then why next time girls or boy ??

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
it's really confusing... does it mean women who conceive twin boy and girl have alkaline environment, balanced sodium, pot , cal, mag, etc ?? then why next time girls or boy ??

I TOTALLY agree!!! There has got to be at least some element of luck involved or else something that can change in only a few hours (like CM) or none of this makes any sense at all.