PDA

View Full Version : T supplements

gizmo77
May 12th, 2011, 03:37 PM
are there any testosterone based supplements that interfere with sperm production? esply are there any on our list of supplements posted here on gd?

Zivic-Bubac
May 12th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Are you talking about DHEA?
I think in small doses, like 25-50 mg it helps with testosterone and sperm count, it's excessive doses that suppress sperm production. IDK how much of it is excessive.

For sperm motility CoQ-10 should be the best choice, also FA, Zinc, vit E and L-Carnitine.
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?847-Male-Supplements

gizmo77
May 13th, 2011, 10:29 AM
no i wasnt talking about dhea, i dont know what that is. i just read (thru my personal research) that T based supplements can do the exact opposite (impeded sperm production)..but i see whta youre saying...only if its in excess. yes im defly doing coq10, zinc, and l carnitine so far for dh. i found coq10 at our local walgreens. i thought i heard that coq10 was d/c'd from GNC, i wonder why? just ppl not purchasing it enough..as long as it wasnt recalled or anything...

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Massive doses of ANY nutrients CAN indeed cause sperm count to decline. A lot of that info is directed towards bodybuilders who take freaking insane dosages of T raising supps. Too much T can cause a man's testicles to actually shrink and produce much less sperm than they would otherwise. You are looking for high normal T, not T that is abnormally high.

gizmo77
May 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM
any safe T supplements for DW?

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I really really think that the best way to raise T for the wife is the boring way - eating a well balanced diet with lots of protein, healthy fats, and phytonutrients, and lifting weights and doing moderate exercise.

That having been said, gelatin is a good way to raise your testosterone and good ol' oatmeal has an ingredient in it that may raise testosterone. You can even buy oat supplements http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=avena+sativa&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1224&bih=865&wrapid=tlif130662641305610&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9767188089361982202&sa=X&ei=b4nhTbGpN5PciALH8NidBg&ved=0CE8Q8wIwAw#

Plum3
May 29th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Which is better for DH- L-Carnitine or L-Arginine? Or both?

TTC5
May 29th, 2011, 08:13 AM
any safe T supplements for DW?

I take 1/4 teaspoon of L'arginine if that helps?

Flava
May 29th, 2011, 10:21 AM
That having been said, gelatin is a good way to raise your testosterone and good ol' oatmeal has an ingredient in it that may raise testosterone. You can even buy oat supplements http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CE8Q8wIwAw#

Wait a min. this is great! We just can't bring ourselves to eat oatmeal much at all...So this avena sativa suppose to be just like oatmeal or what? Does it works the same? And what's the ingr. in it? For sure me and DH would take it instead of eating much oatmeal.

gizmo77
May 31st, 2011, 10:24 AM
I really really think that the best way to raise T for the wife is the boring way - eating a well balanced diet with lots of protein, healthy fats, and phytonutrients, and lifting weights and doing moderate exercise.

That having been said, gelatin is a good way to raise your testosterone and good ol' oatmeal has an ingredient in it that may raise testosterone. You can even buy oat supplements http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=avena+sativa&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1224&bih=865&wrapid=tlif130662641305610&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9767188089361982202&sa=X&ei=b4nhTbGpN5PciALH8NidBg&ved=0CE8Q8wIwAw#

you know atomic, the more and more i research the more im starting to believe you! ;-) i think youre rigt about the diet and exercise (FIRST at least). ill prob just go with that and some bovine gelatine. hope the bovine is just as effective as the regular..?? anyone know?

gizmo77
May 31st, 2011, 10:26 AM
I take 1/4 teaspoon of L'arginine if that helps?

i think im going to TEST the l-arg. ive read that its delayed ovulation with a lot of girls here. so im scared of not being able to predict my O. my cycles are unpredictable as it is. itd just make it harder but i do want a couple drops more of T than normal! i asked my local pharmacist/chemist and she said taking it every other day may be effective as well/ she asked what i was taking it for i said weight lifting and muscle building..heeheehee

Flava
May 31st, 2011, 03:58 PM
I have no clue about L-arg. helps or not but I was taking it for 3-4 days this month and I O'd early from it .

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 08:06 AM
Wait a min. this is great! We just can't bring ourselves to eat oatmeal much at all...So this avena sativa suppose to be just like oatmeal or what? Does it works the same? And what's the ingr. in it? For sure me and DH would take it instead of eating much oatmeal.

Avena sativa is oats but the reason I haven't been shouting this supp from the rooftops is because I"m not totally sure they are absorbed as well as eating oatmeal...you know how oats get that kind of gooeyness when you cook them...I'm not totally sure just swallowing a capsule will be as effectively absorbed.

However, if you wanted to do BOTH then I don't think it will hurt at all and may very well help. :agree:

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 08:08 AM
i think im going to TEST the l-arg. ive read that its delayed ovulation with a lot of girls here. so im scared of not being able to predict my O. my cycles are unpredictable as it is. itd just make it harder but i do want a couple drops more of T than normal! i asked my local pharmacist/chemist and she said taking it every other day may be effective as well/ she asked what i was taking it for i said weight lifting and muscle building..heeheehee

Yes, never be afraid to take a nutrient supp every other day or even just twice a week. That is just fine and may be better in terms of not screwing up your cycle. Great tip!!

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 08:08 AM
Which is better for DH- L-Carnitine or L-Arginine? Or both?

I think both altho if you really must pick one, I would go with carnitine.

Flava
June 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Avena sativa is oats but the reason I haven't been shouting this supp from the rooftops is because I"m not totally sure they are absorbed as well as eating oatmeal...you know how oats get that kind of gooeyness when you cook them...I'm not totally sure just swallowing a capsule will be as effectively absorbed.

However, if you wanted to do BOTH then I don't think it will hurt at all and may very well help. :agree:

maybe I order some because we just not big oatmeal eaters at all. More like almost none...so this is better then no oatmail for sure. But for sure I try to eat more before ttc time.

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2011, 12:56 PM
maybe I order some because we just not big oatmeal eaters at all. More like almost none...so this is better then no oatmail for sure. But for sure I try to eat more before ttc time.

That is fine! I agree that oatmeal gets really old really fast so the supps may be a great option for people!!

Flava
June 14th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks!
I did cooked some on the week end LOL
Like to order some of this avena sativa now but there are different types out there:confused: like the one you posted is oat straw and the have wild oats and so on. Which one we need to get?
Also I can't see the ingredients and I just have to know it.:bigsmile:

gizmo77
June 14th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I have no clue about L-arg. helps or not but I was taking it for 3-4 days this month and I O'd early from it .

you know what? i tried it too and same thing for me. O'd early cd 17 instead of 19-20

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2011, 01:59 PM
you know what? i tried it too and same thing for me. O'd early cd 17 instead of 19-20

That might be a good sign though. I figure, when something changes, that has to be good, right??

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks!
I did cooked some on the week end LOL
Like to order some of this avena sativa now but there are different types out there:confused: like the one you posted is oat straw and the have wild oats and so on. Which one we need to get?
Also I can't see the ingredients and I just have to know it.:bigsmile:

I honestly don't know since this isn't something that most people are doing (yet! :bigsmile:) . The bodybuilders are taking avena sativa and that IS biologically the same plant oatmeal comes from, so that is what I would go with.