PDA

View Full Version : Northern Shutterbug's Sway Attempt

Northern_Shutterbug
August 7th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Gender Result: Unknown
DW Age: 31
DH Age: 34
Current Children's Gender(s): 2 rambunctious boys DS1 (5) DS2 (3)
Number of Months TTC: 2
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?: Lightly on conception month

DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?: yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
LE diet - 1,200 calories daily, no more than 50g protein, no more than 30g fat
Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
We lost our baby girl at the end of April and I started the LE diet within 3 weeks of losing her as I knew I'd want to try again and wanted to be on the diet for as long as possible. I had a personalised plan from Atomic, which I followed strictly for the first month, but in the second month of trying I just stuck to limits on calories, protein and fat, rather than actual foods. I avoided onions, garlic and high nutrient foods, as recommended. I did eat red meat a couple of times, but only in VERY small amounts. I took my supplements as recommended. Didn't drink alcohol often.
Did you skip breakfast regularly? Yes - every day
Did DH change his diet with you? No
Comments regarding DH's diet- He didn't change his diet very much, but we don't regularly eat red meat in our house anyway, so wasn't too worried.
Did you consume alcohol?: No, not too much, perhaps a glass of wine here and there.
Did you try to limit caffeine? No, I have roughly 4 cups of tea a day that are caffeinated and 4 uncaffinated, I did drink diet coke though.
Any Diet Details? The limiting of protein was the hardest as I used to have lots of chicken and ham in my diet, also large amounts of pasta. I've never eaten too much fat, so it was easy to keep that low.

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O? I weighed 169lb as I had put on 6lb during the pregnancy with our angel. BMI was 25. When we concieved I was 160lb with BMI of 23.6, I lost a further 3lb in the 2ww.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments? During the first month of TTC I really tried to keep the exersise to 5-6 times a week but was really struggling, so I dropped it to 2-3 times a week of high cardio/interval training. This was more than I was doing when I concieved my boys, and about the same as when I concieved our angel girl.

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known: No idea
Any VG potions used? No
CM pH at attempt No idea
DH pH No idea
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle? 2
BD Dates according to Ovulation As I'm not exactly sure when I ovulated, as FF says it was on CD13, but I had bad ovulation pains on CD14. Either way we DTD on CD10, CD12 and CD14. I know it was boy friendly, but we wanted to be more relaxed and I actually Oed earlier than so planned to do abstain for 5 days before doing 1 attempt at +opk. As my temp had risen, I assumed I'd already Oed, and hubby was in the mood, so thought it was safe - it was after we DTD that I got really strong O pains.
Any additional comments?

THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers
Planned 5 day abstain but +opk meant it was 2!
BD Position: Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? If it was the attempt on CD12, then I had my legs up for 5 mins, then jumped and dumped. If it was attempt on CD14 I put my legs up in the air for 15 mins, then jumped and dumped. As we were on clomid and were on month 2 out of 4, I wanted to give myself more of a change.
Any relevant attempt details?: I had the big O and it was deep release (but this was the same when we concieved angel DD)

SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements
Clomid from CD4-CD8
Baby asprin 3x a week
Folic Acid 1600mg daily
Iron 3x a week
Zinc 3x a week
Fibre daily

DH Supplements: None
Any additional supplement info?
Did you do anything with Ions?: No
Moon Phase during conception?: Waxing Crescent
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?: No
Things that make me feel great about my sway: Clomid and being on the diet for so long. For each of my pregnancies the boy/girl moon has been right, it was a girl moon this time, so hoping its right again.
Things that make me nervous about my sway: I had some cheats on the diet, and although I was in my limits, I felt I was eating better than others swaying at the same time. Although I missed breakfast every day, and only ate between 12pm and 9pm, I started snacking mid afternoon on my conception month. I also just don't feel very confident.
Things worth mentioning:

BeadinMom
August 7th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Looks like an amazing sway, NS!!
Praying for a healthy, happy pregnancy with a pink bean!! XO

Little Lunasa
August 7th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Wow congrats!!! Fx for a pink sticky bean xx

2lovelyboys
August 7th, 2013, 01:53 PM
That looks like a good sway to me! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for a happy, healthy sticky pink bean! Fx

Soar
August 7th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Looks great! Hoping you have your daughter in there!

Funkyfry
August 7th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Fab sway!! Congrats again on your bfp and best of luck x

2lovelyboys
August 8th, 2013, 03:35 AM
What exercises were you doing for your sways? Find the results for exercising very interesting so hope you don't mind be being nosey!

Northern_Shutterbug
August 8th, 2013, 04:09 AM
I was doing an intense interval training session once a week, then tried to get to the gym when I could. The week of conception I did two sessions, the week before was four sessions, then the weeks before that it was roughly 3 times a week with the interval cardio and two gym cardio sessions.

2lovelyboys
August 8th, 2013, 04:12 AM
I was doing an intense interval training session once a week, then tried to get to the gym when I could. The week of conception I did two sessions, the week before was four sessions, then the weeks before that it was roughly 3 times a week with the interval cardio and two gym cardio sessions.

Thank you :). This helps

odd
August 12th, 2013, 03:33 PM
great sway! I will pray that you get your li'l girl.. :) congratulations!

Mum23boys
August 12th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Hey you congrats on your pregnancy - am keeping everything crossed for h your sway looks fab

crazyladyneedsababy
August 18th, 2013, 11:00 AM
northern thinking of you and cant wait for the outcome of this sway xxx