PDA

View Full Version : A secret swayer? Am I alone?

Anna Grace
May 13th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Hi ladies.. I too have come over from the monkey board and wanted to introduce myself. i have three sons (and three stepkids - BGB) and while my husband is adamant that we have more than enough kids, I have been following the girl diet (loosely), trying to track ovulation, and reading about swaying for the past few months (just in case he changes his mind). Mostly though, I'm secret swaying just in case there's an "oops". (our last 3 were all unplanned/oopsies so one can say the pattern is already established.)

I never really believed in swaying (my friend 5 years ago who was living in Paris was on the French Gender diet and I thought it was ridiculous. course she had a girl.) but the more I read, the more I'm convinced that there IS something to it. Both times I had boys (twins first, then a single) I was really doing a boy sway (competitive, training for a half marathon but only running 3x a week, on holiday so eating big breakfasts with lots of bacon and egg, eating lots of salty and snack foods, eschewing carbs and eating lots of protein) All of my husband's 5 sons were conceived on holiday (with this kind of diet); his ONE daughter was an IVF baby. My mom had 4 daughters before finally having her boy and she was thin, thin, thin - 5'9" and 115 pounds, constantly dieting, and I remember her only having yogurt for days at a time! (you know the sad thing about this is that I was a chronic dieter and kind of grossly underweight for most of my 20s. once I turned 30 though I had added a much needed 5 or 10 pounds but got really healthy and smart about food..... and then produced 3 boys!)

Anyway, long introduction but I've been lurking for a while so finally wanted to come out and say hello and I enjoy reading your posts!

nuthinbutpink
May 13th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Great intro and I am happy you have joined us! :welcome:

Three Gorgeous Pickles
May 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Welcome and good luck, hope you get your girl

swish
May 13th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Hi and welcome! I'm a secret swayer to all but my husband and it's REALLY hard to keep it a secret as the diet is so restricting and family members are wondering why I'm so grumpy!!! Good luck!

daisyfay311
May 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Welcome and good luck!

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Hi and welcome!!! I think there are a lot of secret swayers out there - so much so that I probably need a thread just for the SSS (Sneaky Sperm Seekers!!!) ;) Good luck!

shouldihope?
May 13th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Secret so far to all but hubby, sis, mom, and 2 friends. It sure is hard though. I have had people ask me if I was eating this way to have a girl. Shocked me when one lady asked.

Flava
May 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM
http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/497/497633alm620kgf6.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Cinss
May 13th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Hi, Welcome, hope you get your girl :)

DoulaMama
May 14th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Welcome! Good luck!! :luck:

TTC5
May 14th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Welcome!