PDA

View Full Version : Green Tea and Folic Acid

Plum3
May 13th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site so if this has been mentioned before then I apologise in advance...

There is a enzyme in green tea that affects the absorption of FA. So, even though green tea is recommended for a boy sway to increase EWCM should it also be cautioned due to it's potential to decrease FA absorption?

Zivic-Bubac
May 13th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Yes, it's mentioned before, but thank you!
The advice is to take recommended dosage of FA 2000mcg throughout the day and certainly not with green tea.

Plum3
May 13th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I was pretty sure it would have been mentioned but I hadn't come across it. There is so much info on here! And I still have so much reading to do.

That makes sense, thanks for that :)

gizmo77
May 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I was pretty sure it would have been mentioned but I hadn't come across it. There is so much info on here! And I still have so much reading to do.

That makes sense, thanks for that :)

hi bec! welcome, ive been on here for a couple months and im still trying to sort thru the info. i think all the info is GREAT and im glad im starting the journey in advance. i find myself asking the same questions over and over regardless of if i have the info right in front of me!! so dont worry! for me, it helps when ppl ask the same questions bc it reaffirms my belief in a certain theory and/or the repetition helps lodge it in my brain!

Flava
May 13th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Green tea are only for to get more ewcm? I don't remember ...:think:
But on the FA yes at least 2000 mcg /day. Im sure I will take more i drink lot's of green tea.

Zivic-Bubac
May 13th, 2011, 12:39 PM
so dont worry! for me, it helps when ppl ask the same questions bc it reaffirms my belief in a certain theory and/or the repetition helps lodge it in my brain! ITA!

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 04:14 PM
That is something that can never be said enough! My DS 3 has spina bifida and I am sure it's because I was drinking green tea a lot when I was first pregnant with him (everyone said it was so healthy!) I was taking 800 mcg of FA and it still happened but luckily it is very small. Needless to say I took 4000 mcg when I conceived DS 4.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Green tea are only for to get more ewcm? I don't remember ...:think:
But on the FA yes at least 2000 mcg /day. Im sure I will take more i drink lot's of green tea.

It also has antioxidants which are great for blue.

TTC5
May 13th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Good question! VERY important info here!