PDA

View Full Version : new here - and would love to hear what you think...

britpop
May 13th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Hi all,

I've been lurking a while - this is a great website, very supportive - but today, I really feel the need to post. I have two boys and would very much love a girl in our family. Was even looking into HT, but I got pregnant - very much accidentally and surprisingly! - late last year. Due in September. My youngest is only 16 months so it will be quite a small gap, but hey, we always wanted three and we get all the tough stuff out of the way quickly. <P>

While I very much want this baby to be a girl, I wanted to remain team green when it came to finding out gender at ultrasound scan - I want to enjoy the rest of my pregnant, hoping that any disappointment if it IS a boy will go once I have that baby in arms. <P>

Had 20 week scan yesterday and basically explained the above VERY clearly to the sonographer that I did NOT want to know. He was my totally aware of this, telling me to 'look away' from the area etc, even kind of joking about it as we went along. At the very end of the scan he said 'So...DO you want to know the sex?', not in an excited way at all, more a 'final chance' sort of way. I said 'no!' and then minutes later, when there was some other reference to the gender question, he started saying 'you know, three kids are three kids. You will be happy whatever.' <P>

To me, this totally suggests that we are having a third boy, and he was prepping me for the disappointment! What do you guys think? My husband and best friend think I am mad, and he was just making conversation - my husband, if anything, thinks him asking again kind of suggests the opposite. <P>

I feel SO upset to have lost the surprise that this sounds like it's not my DD. I would love to hear your thoughts...x

CapricornAquarius
May 14th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I personally think it would be a better idea of knowing the gender before giving birth, that way your prepared. I dont know this could go either way, he might of said turn away because the boy bit was very obvious mmmm?? Boy/girl, well I guess you just have to wait and see.
Good Luck hope you do get your little girl.

fivebabies
May 14th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Hi! and welcome!

I too don't want to find out next time. For the same reasons you aren't. I think he was just trying to be supportive. I wouldn't take it either way. You still don't know, it could be either! :) So fun!

TWINSplz!
May 23rd, 2011, 05:07 PM
I would think if you are having second doubts about not knowing the sex, then you should call your OB and ask if they may have it on record. The OB will have a copy of the scans for their personal records!

By the way, we have three boys already and they are SUPER close!!! They are always telling each other that they are best friends!