PDA

View Full Version : Change in taste buds ? Hot curry nearly sent me into labour !!

Mum23boys
August 10th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Well Im the sort of person who can ONLY eat a KORMA from the curry house - I can not bare spicy food of any sort not even sweet chilli crisps or anything with a slight tingle to it - I am a wuss and my taste buds really react to stuff like that,

Anyway 2-3 weeks ago hubby made his usual pasta dish and he always spices his up as he loves spicy food - joking about starting off labour i tried a mouthful - NOTHING - no burn nothing - same a few days later he ordered his normal hot and spicy pizza and i tried a bit - didnt taste hot at all where as normally after 1 bite my mouth would be on fire eyes watering lips tingling etc

So last night ( night before due date ) we ordered a curry - i ordered a hot curry ( well 2 chilli signed one not a 3 as wasnt that brave !!) and low and behold it didnt taste at all spicy - very bizarre as hubby said it was hot even for hima nd he loves spicy food

Anyway within an hour i was having contractions every 20 mins - went on from 8.40pm until 4.20 this morning i was up all night - not painful contractions but braxton hicks so enough to make me loose sleep - then had a good old clear out ( sorry TMI) but then from 5am this morning NOTHING :-(

Really thought it was the start of something - am gutted but am definately thinking of another curry tonight !! ha ha perhaps followed by sex :-)

rainbowflower
August 10th, 2013, 11:17 AM
think your body is getting ready!
hopefully clearout was linked to oncoming labour rather than your hot curry. Def try DTD though ;)

Mum23boys
August 10th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Well we are cooking tapas for tonight so nothing hot but im thinking i could sprinkle some chilli flakes on the chorizo and yes top it off with DTD

mommymachine
August 10th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Happy due date!!!

Atsaukina1
August 10th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I was having good contrx. the 2 night before i went onto labor then water broke on 3rd. I thought that would speed things up but no babe still took it's time after that lol. also eggplant parm. has a history of being labor inducing lol if you want to have fun with that mmmm

BeadinMom
August 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Good luck, Mum!!!

So funny about how your taste buds have changed!!!

weeziewoozles
August 10th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Sounds like a plan! I'm meant to be having curry with some girlfriends next week. Will have to order hot then come home and pounce on DH ;)