PDA

View Full Version : waiting for ovulation after coming off the pill

aprilbride
August 13th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Hi ladies

Well I came off the pill on the 31st of July which was a Wednesday, around 2 weeks ago. Had a bleed from the following saturday which lasted 5 days but since then nothing.

Ive been testing every day with different opks, the paper ones, the Clear Blue ones, no ovulation.
I know it hasnt been long but just hoped I would be one of the sooner ones to ovulate.

Was wondering how long it to you to ovulate from coming off the pill? Ive had a tiny bit of ewcm i think today, but not enough to think ovulation is coming.

Ive also dtd twice in the last 2 weeks but im prob not pregnant.

I wish my Ovulation would come soon! Sighs...

Cauliflower
August 13th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I ovulated on CD 15, I think, but I have heard CD 19 also. Did have very little CM that month, but pos OPKs. Unfortunately did not concieve that month :( and not the month after either...sigh.... Hoping for better luck this time.

Kittybear
August 13th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Hi Hun, please don't fret yet! You probably had a 'withdrawal' bleed (rather than proper AF) after coming off the pill. I didn't get my AF till 6 weeks after coming off the pill (I wasn't tracking ov at this time but I imagine it was probably about 4 weeks after coming off BC). Also stress can delay/ mess up your natural cycle. Give it another couple of weeks. If you are still worried about it after that time then maybe go to see your doctor.
The fact that you are starting to get CM is good as it shows your body is getting the hang of doing stuff itself! ;)
It is scary going from knowing exactly when AF is due (ON BC) to everything being out of your control (with your natural cycle) but just give your body some time and I am sure it will settle down and sort itself out.
Good luck! :) x

Modern Goddess
August 13th, 2013, 12:05 PM
First cycle was day 21, second cycle was day 20. Currently on day 6 of my third cycle off HBC.

rainbowflower
August 14th, 2013, 01:48 PM
which pill was it?

I was on cerazette and it took 6 weeks after stopping it to get my first proper AF

carameline
August 14th, 2013, 03:35 PM
But can you ovulate shortly after stopping it?

rainbowflower
August 15th, 2013, 06:56 AM
you can, I think most people have to few weeks for hormones to settle first though but everyone is different

aprilbride
August 15th, 2013, 07:25 AM
i was on yaz... hate waiting..