PDA

View Full Version : Still in denial. Ugh, I need help!

oxox2013
August 13th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Despite the overwhelming feelings of depression, the complete sadness, the huge hole in my heart and the glaringly obvious penis on the ultrasound, I am still holding on to hope that something just isnt right and there was a mistake made. I know there wasnt. I know he is a he. But I really thought he was a she and now I feel robbed. I feel like my body betrayed me. I just KNEW it was girl!! Even though I tried so hard to convince myself it was indeed a boy, deep down, I just knew I would be celebrating the news the ultrasound brought. Everyone was so confident. How do I move on from this and accept my reality?? It has almost been a week.

Thorz300
August 13th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Sad, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time? I really wish I had the right words of comfort for you! I hope seeing your baby makes all the sadness go away!

RKT Mama
August 14th, 2013, 03:28 AM
GD is a bit like a roller coaster- sometimes you just have to hang on and ride it out, knowing that the downhill will end and it will get better again. Sometimes life is unfair, you are grieving and you are allowed to do that, give yourself time to be sad and work through what this baby represents, good or bad. Once you have worked through it all you can enjoy your new baby boy.

If it helps at all, it is normal to hope the scan is wrong, we've all done it

3littleladies
August 28th, 2013, 10:42 PM
I really wanted my 3rd to be a boy she's now 14months old and I wouldn't trade her in for 10 boys, trust me you will feel the same with your sweet little boy!

mama3
August 29th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I have three awesome boys. I know where you are at. I had HORRIBLE gd with my second and third. BUT they are healthy, awesome, loving sons&brothers. All uniquely different. Ride it out, feel the emotions, but in the end, of course, he will not be a regret. I must say, I am now at that point of content and I am LOVING my three amigos. Sometimes it just is nice to know that you will be just fine and things will click and you will be happy and satisfied or just learn to accept and receive your blessings:) BROTHERS are awesome. It doesn't take away from the fact that I would love a daughter and we are still on the fence for #4 but my third is soooo amazing!!! Something special about the third in a three of a kind! Congrats!

jayla
August 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
hello! I just wanted to send you a hug and tell you I am dealing with denial issues also.
I feel awful because I already have a DD and DS. (posted my story in this forum), but was REALLY hoping to give DD a sis and its a little shocking and grieving to deal with knowing now that this isn't going to happen.
I feel terribly alone because there isn't anyone to talk to (noone knows) and I feel terrible even being on GD forums where obviously most people are in the same gender boat hoping for the other ,and I have one of each, so seems like what the heck am i doing here then - but the feelings are just as real. Its a hope of what you fantasized and hoped life would turn out like for you and to find out this isn't going to be so. if it was common and standard to have a family of 10, I think NOONE would have GD, because with 10, you are pretty much guaranteed you will get both kinds in there somewhere, but its darn hard when you know the responsibility of raising a child is not anything to take lightly and you can only have so many. You suddenly then hope to get exactly what you wish for if you are only going to have this much.
I'm in terrible denial too because I keep thinking, no.... this can't be, its GOT to be a girl because I want it so bad...
I'm trying to get above myself - i know that holding him in my arms will be amazing regardless and I also read something yesterday that had a deep impact on me - God doesn't make mistakes. I realized - whoever he is creating through us is someone he has already planned from the beginning of time, before we even existed ourselves. We are the vessels bringing these people into the world. This thought is helping me right now more than anything else. Because it makes me realize, whoever it is... its the one MEANT to be.

Beckey
September 2nd, 2013, 02:18 AM
I've been in your situation, I'm now 28 weeks, so 10 weeks on I am in a better place than when I found out we were expecting a DS, no. 3.
My 1st reaction was pure grief for the daughter I will never have. Then denial as this pregnancy is so different in every way & we swayed to conceive in "girl time" so I still can't figure out why this does not feel like a boy to me, even though clearly it is.
I'm now coming to terms with it & occasionally see something cute for boys & almost feel a little excited.
Your feelings change with time, ride it out & know your not alone, no matter how you feel.
Best of luck in your pregnancy.

missingsomeone
September 5th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I too am in denial. Even with all my efforts to move forward I keep wondering maybe just maybe they are wrong. Last u/s was at 17 weeks so maybe baby was just not ready? Maybe in just under two weeks we will see something different. There wasn't a scrotum, so maybe? This will be baby boy #5 so I completely understand. I understand all the grief, the pain, the anger, hopelessness, the dreams, the strong feelings that it was a girl. Only to be told you are a lier. Or at least that is how I felt, felt to be made a lier.

I am not sure if I will ever get over this completely.

Beckey
September 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM
You deffinately feel they must be wrong. My husband was actually convinced they were wrong and wouldnt buy anything or talk names or anything I was trying to do to make myself feel better about my pregnancy.

I went for a fun 3D ultrasound last week and we know have no doubts we are getting our 3rd DS, but seeing his little face like that, full features and wiggling around we both fell in love and it has put us in a much better place now.

I'm not sure I will give up my dream, but I felt it was important not to take my feelings out on this precious bub. I did not know the 3D ultrasound would flip my emotions like it did, but what an experience.

Good luck with your pregnancy, you now need to try do whatever it takes to accept this bub. I know for me, time will help me decide what the future will hold for our family xxoo