PDA

View Full Version : Hard to watch others get your dg...

Chunky Monkey
May 14th, 2011, 01:33 AM
I have congratulated 2 baby girl births in the past week. I also had to cheerfully congratulate 2 friends on finding out they are expecting girls this week! It makes me feel like my chances of having a girl are lowered :( Anyone else feel like this? I also know 3 girls expecting in the next month, 2 being girls. Any hope for me?!?!?!?!?

Glittergirl
May 14th, 2011, 02:19 AM
I have felt that way before. Right now I know a few girls preg and they are having girls so it seems like how could all of us have girls? I know how you feel!

Zivic-Bubac
May 14th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I hear ya!
Few days ago I ran to a lady I sort-of-know, she has 2 girls and now is pg....with a boy :sad: No swaying or anything of course. It was so hard to say: Congratulations and put a fake smile on my face.

My brother and SIL are expecting boy # 2, and 2 of my friends are expecting their 3rd boy.

Our best man and his wife are expecting 1st child, and yes, it's a boy :sad:

Will there be any boys left for me, somebody will have to stop that winning row, I'm so afraid that would be me :sad:

Belle
May 14th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Oh honey I'm with you I can definitely feel your pain and I'm sorry your hurting. I also keep telling myself that surely we can't all have girls, it keeps playing at the back of my head. All I need is my sister in law to announce that she is having a girl and then I'm really going to lose it

swish
May 14th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I completely agree, I have sec feral people close to me that have 2 boys and now a girl and I think the chances for me have really lowered now, it would be too much of a coincidence for it to happen again - but you can still hope!!!

ThreeLittleCubs
May 17th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I hear ya. :( It seems like everyone around me is having girls right now. I'll be the only one having another boy.

purplepoet20
May 17th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I am so there... a friends teen sister just had a girl, I haven't even seen the baby. Another friends daughter had a girl a few months ago, she only wanted one child and got her DG. Two of my cousins are pregnant and one is having a boy after 3 girls (she didn't sway just prayed), and the other cousin should findout in a few weeks what she is having (they also have 3 girls and want a boy)....

It does make me a little sad and depressed that everyone is getting what they want and that I will not get my DG because I have pissed off God!!!

kaseybaby
May 17th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I even have a hard time seeing people on tv having DD. I hate that I feel so jealous of them. I am happy for them, sad for me because I feel like I will never have a DD.

SugarSpice&EverythingNice
May 17th, 2011, 11:08 PM
OMGGGGGG I totally understand this. I live this EVERY DAY! I think my gender desire/gender disappointment is getting pretty severe.... I get jealous/ticked off seeing ANYBODY anywhere with a daughter. At the grocery store,tv, hearing people talk about their daughters on FB, etc.

Oh and especially this one pregnant person. She infuriates me. She is an ex-friend, and a few years ago, she was one of those anti-children people (she would say things like, omg i hate kids, I hope i NEVER have kids)....and she has had an abortion, and now she TTC, and got pregnant and was like "oh I hope I have a girl" all over FB.

And guess what....SHE IS HAVING A GIRL! IT ticked me off so much because its like WTF? Why does somebody like that DESERVE my little girl.....and then I come back to reality and try to relax. lol. (notice how I was like "my little girl") sheesh.

Yes needless to say I can relate to how hard and HEARTBREAKING it is.

And to also feel SHAME SHAME SHAME that I am a horrible mother for not "just being happy" with my 2 sons. :(

Halah
May 18th, 2011, 01:47 PM
It depends on who it is. The only time I was really upset was when my sister found out she was having a second girl. Mostly because she seemed to look down on boys and I wanted her to have one so she would know how great they are. Since then I've found out that she always wanted a son.

Now my other sister is expecting and I think it'll be really hard for me if she has a girl. But over the past few weeks I've gotten used to the idea. I also think she might have GD if she has a boy and so I'm worried about her. I don't want her to go through what I am.

It doesn't bother me when friends or acquaintances have girls. Their kids still aren't as awesome as mine are. haha

mitz0315
May 22nd, 2011, 05:23 AM
I feel ya! When I was preggo with ds2 I knew about 15-20 people who were due around the same time as me who were having girls. Also i love my DS2 more than anything, it was still a really hard time for me. Especially knowing how much DH and I want a DG!!!!!

snowflowr82
July 8th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I was so depressed when my SIL found out she was having a girl... she knows how badely i want one and the other day she says maybe i wont try for a boy for my husband because i love having girls right to my face..... uhhggg :( my other SIL has 2 girls and my sister has 2 boys but says she's going to try again for a girl someday that would mean every single person in my family would have a girl but me if we dont do something... :*/

babydes56
July 9th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Snowflowr, i hear you & am sending loads of pink dust your way. I have 2 girls & would love a son & it seems everyone i know seems to get what they want. I'm preg at the moment & my one friend always refers to my bump as a she & she really upsets me because after all she's a friend & knows i want a boy but she still says things like that. She has a girl/boy & some how i feel she thinks she's better that me because of this.

snowflowr82
July 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
The only way we can have a baby is by IVF/PGD since hubby had a vasectomy... :( and he's not 100% sure about doing it he just told me today i need to learn to love what i have.... and its not that i dont love my boys or would EVER want to exchange either one for a girl.. idk just sucks

DoulaMama
July 10th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Snowflowr, i hear you & am sending loads of pink dust your way. I have 2 girls & would love a son & it seems everyone i know seems to get what they want. I'm preg at the moment & my one friend always refers to my bump as a she & she really upsets me because after all she's a friend & knows i want a boy but she still says things like that. She has a girl/boy & some how i feel she thinks she's better that me because of this.

What a cow! I'm sorry but that is terrible. I would have to tell her that she was hurting my feelings, straight to her face...then maybe start sobbing...really make her feel like a piece of crap. Maybe she'll smarten up. And if she doesn't then she really isn't a friend. Just my 2cents. You can have loads of my blue dust, Mama:)

Iris_star
July 12th, 2011, 10:31 AM
im with you there hun :( i will be really upset if my sister in law gets a girl too. xx

LolaInLove
July 12th, 2011, 01:43 PM
It is SO hard.....I think all of us feel that way with some people, more strongly with others. It all comes down to working on building a peaceful place in your own heart, so that other's lives don't instill envy, but that is way easier said than done, right!

My ex-dh and his wife are pg and will find out soon....she is due when I was with my last m/c so it stings.....I know they want a boy, and for some reason, I just know it will be a boy, so I am preparing to feel upset about it myself. This stuff is so hard, especially with family members (or ex members!).

Just remember that there are PLENTY of boys and girls to go around for everyone! The "stork bank" up in the sky never runs out! Keep your hope that you will be blessed with your dg and believe your body can do it and the universe wants to grant you this child!

angel in a pink sky
July 27th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I have two people in my life who were kid haters until they became pregnant and they both have girls. Now they act like they are the first people in the world to ever be pregnant and/or be a mom. It kills me they both have little girls. So annoying.

LolaInLove
July 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I have two people in my life who were kid haters until they became pregnant and they both have girls. Now they act like they are the first people in the world to ever be pregnant and/or be a mom. It kills me they both have little girls. So annoying.

LOL....I know a few annoying women like this also. These have pigeon pairs, though, and act like they are superior humans for producing one of each.

Any way you cut it, it is hard to see ANYONE else have what you want....human nature, ya?

Chunky Monkey
July 28th, 2011, 01:59 AM
One of the things that is so frustrating to me is that when you have something in mind that you are passionate about and want so badly, you can usually work for it/toward it to achieve your goal/dream. When you want a son or a daughter, there isn't a lot of "work" you can do. Some of us go tens of thousands in debt and end up with no baby. Some of us stay up all hours of the night, studying stats and charts to see what we can do to sway our odds. Some of us spend $$ on gels, OPK's, supps etc to increase our chances, and some have the outcome they were hoping for and some not.

But ultimately, it is out of our control. We love the children we've been blessed with but are missing a part of our family. Some of us have children that express wanting a sibling of the opposite sex and that stings all the more. But when someone makes rude and negative comments, knowing how you are hurting, they are not worth another second of your time! I'm so thankful that we are all here for each other and can truly understand how each other feels, even though we don't wish the sadness on anyone. Praying for a ton of dream gender BFP's in August!!!

swish
July 28th, 2011, 06:42 AM
One thing is for certain, we all want each other to get our desired genders!!! :)

LolaInLove
July 28th, 2011, 01:43 PM
WELL SAID, CM! I love having this "village" of women, even though I don't know anyone IRL, to pass knowledge and encouragement around. Cheers to that! (with your Crystal Light :ttcgirl:or Apple Cider Vingar :ttcboy:)

:cheerteam:

pinkdreamer
August 18th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I feel exactly the same! I've just posted something very similar. Just found out another one of my friends is having a girl and another one is due to give birth to her little girl next week :( It's so hard to act happy (and I know that sounds awful but it really is!) and I also think surely I can't also have a girl if all these people are having them, maybe I'm just destined to be a boy mum! Just really, REALLY don't want to let go of my dream xx