PDA

View Full Version : So Sad!

Trina7020
August 13th, 2013, 11:18 PM
I have two amazing boys ages 8 & 9 that are my entire world. They play Select Baseball and spend nearly every free minute involved in sports in some way or another. I am quite proud of them. But I always long for a daughter.... Girl things now and the adult relationship later. It took me 8 years to convince my husband to try for #3. We had a heartbreaking loss at 10 weeks about 6 months ago and found out last night that Baby #3 is another boy. I am ridiculously heartbroken and devastated. I feel like the age difference is too great for this baby to be close to his brothers...,,all my plans and dreams are shattered... And (although obviously petty) my mom had bought be this gorgeous pink Coach diaper bag that has to be returned. I will never have a daughter and will continue to fill alone in my blue filled, baseball filled, monster truck lovin' world. I am honestly very worried about resenting this baby even though I know that is so unfair.

GimmeaG
August 14th, 2013, 04:24 AM
I'm so sorry for not getting your girl :( I have 2 boys as well and swore I would never try again unless I could get a girl. Unfortunately there are no guarantees unless you pay the big bucks, which I don't have, but here I am attempting to take that risk. My husband would not agree to try unless I was ok with either gender ( I of course half lied)..and I'm afraid.

But hopefully, once that sweet baby is in your arms with that lovely newborn smell...all your Gd will go away. I think it will be a process of grieving the lil pink in your life...but always know you will have 3 beautiful sons that would do anything for you and bring on some sweet granddaughters! ;) and let me say, at least you can send teenage granddaughters home! I have 2 teenage stepdaughters that have attitudes pouring out their eyes!!! I can send them anywhere lol let that be some comfort :) teen girls are def NOT FUN! Hormones, boys ugh, expensive everything, and the most fun phone glued to the ear lol

I will send prayers your way and I hope I helped a little :)

Mrs_P
August 14th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I'm so sorry you are feeling so down, i remember that feeling well hearing its a boy for the third time, i was devasted to say the least and cried hard for weeks. BUT it does get better, don't be hard on yourself emotions aren't something you can control, be kind to yourself and give yourself time to deal with things before he is born, it will get better i promise. I can honestly say my little man had my heart from the moment he was born, he is most loving and cuddly of all three of my boys and he charms everyone he meets. Its often said on here that the third boys are the ones that bring the most GD but that they seem to be made extra sweet to compensate for it, this is certainly true with mine he has my heart in a way none of the others never have.

Although i am lucky enough to have my daughter now i have never had gd as bad as i did hearing boy for the third time, i think it makes you face the fact that it may never happen and when its something you want so badly thats a hard thing to face up to. I hope you get your daughter in the future but in the mean time do lean on the girls here for support, we all know what your going through and not facing it alone makes a big difference.

p.s i had the changing bag thing to, i convinced myself ds3 would be a girl as everyone else with two boys had a girl. I treated myself to a pink lining (yummy mummy) bag that was hot pink with flowers and i loved it. I kept mine with the justification that it was my bag (not his) like any other handbag etc i owned, i was girl after all and i loved it, got so many compliments on it too and no-one ever asked me why i had a girly bag with all boys (i've seen many moms with boys carrying those bags too)

Trina7020
August 27th, 2013, 09:20 PM
How long does this take to "get over" and find the joy and excitement about being pregnant again? It's been over 3 weeks and I still cry most days... I feel like I've accepted the baby but definitely not excited if that makes sense.

Some friends are trying to get me to settle on a baby shower date,but the thought of opening all that boy stuff again literally makes me sick. No one in my life seems to understand,

3littleladies
August 27th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Im so sorry you feel sad, but honestly when I found out my 3rd was a girl, I was so sad up until the day she was born & then I was in love with her so very much, but this doesn't mean that my desire for a boy has gone, I'll just have to wait to do mum/son things when I have son in-laws!

1+2+3boys
August 28th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry you are feeling so down, your story really got to me. The age gap will be the same as my partners boys and ours but a bit more. We just had them stay with us all weekend and seeing my 3.5 year old playing soccer and play fighting with them was the cutest most heartwarming thing ever. Your little boy will have 2 of the coolest role models in his life ever.
The 10 year old said something so cute about my 15 month old twin boys "they are too cute to be true"

Is there any chance you could have one more so your baby boy has a sibling close in age?

When I found out my twins were boys at 16 weeks I lost all excitement over the pregnancy but it came back as my due date approached and I knew I would get to meet my new babies really soon. I am so happy with my boys and feel lucky to have them but my longing for a girl has not gone. I felt a bit sad watching by Partner have so much fun with all the boys while I looked after the babies wondering if I would ever have my own mini me to do things I like with. We will see. I only wanted three children to begin with but now I know I want another baby no matter what and if it is boy number 4 at least I will know I gave swaying a go and wont have to spend the rest of my life wondering.

I hope you are feeling a bit better xo