PDA

View Full Version : Wish I could just be happy...

boo.turtle.love
August 15th, 2013, 04:40 PM
This whole situation of not knowing what the sex of the baby is has just taken over my life. I feel like I'm not being the mother that I was to my 2 girls before I was pregnant. I'm not neglecting them but I feel like I am disconnected. The thought of having 3 girls has been almost haunting me, and everyone is just reasoning with the thought that this baby is a girl. My friends say well at least we don't have to buy a new shirt for the hospital we'll just wear the same pink one we've been wearing and my husbands sisters are always telling me that they feel sorry for me and that I deserve a boy but that my husband isnt a real man. That a real man makes boys and that I'm just made for girls, hes cursed me.
My mother in law hurts me too by saying things like once "this one" (she won't call the baby a baby) or she'll say at least I don't have to change my question when I ask you how the girls are doing. It will always be "the girls" and never kids. I read everyone's posts about how they are dying and would do anything to have a girl and I feel so selfish for being blessed with the 2 I have but on the same hand everyone out there with boys are even more lucky than they can imagine. Right now I don't know if ill ever be blessed to have a baby in a blue blanket placed in my arms and to cheer him on at his football games or dance with him at his wedding to that special mother and son dance. My mind wanders all day with these thoughts.
I'm 17 weeks and I should have another u/s soon that my dr orders. But he also has a little u/s machine in his office and asks before he gets started if I want to see the baby. I have turned it down 2x now just because my anxiety over hearing girl is so high. This whole pregnancy has just felt so different from when I was pregnant with the girls that I feel in my gut its a boy, i thought i was supposed to have those motherly instincts. I have been dreaming of having girls and that in the hospital once the baby is placed on me after birth my husband just walks out and never comes back. I read somewhere that if you dream of one sex you will have the opposite. I dreamt of only boys when i was pregnant with the girls and I feel that maybe its just my anxiety that's making me dream of girls but I know I'm just grasping for straws at this point.
My husband has settled with the thought of having another girl, and seems to be taking it 100% better than me. He isn't excited but he's just settled because girls are all we know. But I wish he would just be excited and I could give him the son we have always dreamed of. I just feel like a failure all around.

Alyssasmom789
August 15th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I am 32 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby girl. It took me over a month to even start eati g and stop crying!!!! My heart is broken. Its so so so hard. I was deeply depressed. What makes it worse is there are no grandsons on either side of the family. My dhs brother also has 3 girls so everyone was hoping I'd have a boy this time....but no....its girl #6 for their fsmily. The only thing that keeps me going is planning ivf pgd....its very expensive and hard for travel from Chicago to california but we just can't afford to keep trying. Plus I really don't want anymore babies....we have 3! (Close to delievery) we want a boy period. It will get better. I'm sorry your going through this. Its so hard I still struggle.

boo.turtle.love
August 15th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Thank you, Ive been struggling eating and sleeping and when i do i have those awful dreams. They never get better. For us I think this may be our last child. We are really stretching our wallet as it is and having more than 3 is just unrealistic. I'm an only child and on my side of the family(as far as cousins) we only have 2 boys and all the rest are girls and on DH side he is the only boy of 4 sisters. We knew when we started our family that having a boy would be a long shot just with our own family genetics but hey everyone has their preference of what gender they want. Even if they do say they are happy either way. This feeling of wanting to know for sure of what I'm having is making me sick and destroying my love for this baby. I don't feel bonded to this child and whats worse is for all i know it really is a boy and to top it off I feel distant from my girls. I just want this to go away.

Alyssasmom789
August 15th, 2013, 08:34 PM
When will you find out for sure? What makes you so sure its a girl then?

boo.turtle.love
August 16th, 2013, 02:12 AM
My 13 week sonogram is when the tech said 100% girl but at 11weeks she said 100% boy. On the pics she even wrote out girl all over them. I have my routine check up with my dr on monday so I'm sure they will set something up for the official scan soon but he has a u/s machine in the office and asks if I would like to see the baby. I have just turned it down from my anxiety.

Adia
August 16th, 2013, 05:57 PM
The only thing that keeps me going is planning ivf pgd....its very expensive and hard for travel from Chicago to california but we just can't afford to keep trying. Plus I really don't want anymore babies....we have 3! (Close to delievery) we want a boy period. It will get better. I'm sorry your going through this. Its so hard I still struggle.

Forgive me so being so clueless, but why do you have to travel to California for IVF/PGD??

Since I have been TTC so long my OBGYN sent me to a fertility clinic in Texas that does IVF/PGD and has a super high success rate. I am not doing IVF but I know this clinic has been very successful & they have some PHENOMENAL customer service. They even cater to out of town patients in many ways.

Is their something special about the CA clinic?

Alyssasmom789
August 16th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Forgive me so being so clueless, but why do you have to travel to California for IVF/PGD??

Since I have been TTC so long my OBGYN sent me to a fertility clinic in Texas that does IVF/PGD and has a super high success rate. I am not doing IVF but I know this clinic has been very successful & they have some PHENOMENAL customer service. They even cater to out of town patients in many ways.

Is their something special about the CA clinic?

I live in Chicago and all the clinics here are very expensive. We want to go see Dr. Potter at HRC he charges a lot less and does a lot a lot of gender selection and has high success rates.