PDA

View Full Version : 12 week scan on Monday, excited and nervous

retrolove1
August 17th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Hi everyone,

So got my scan on Monday and the closer it gets the more nervous I'm becoming, it's not because I think there may be something wrong but because I know I will be looking out for that very important nub.

I just know that I'm going to see a very obvious white line sticking up.

I will happy with another boy but I would be ecstatic to have a daughter.

Trying to improve my nub knowledge because I am a little rubbish.

Has anyone had a very good clear nub but it turned out the opposite sex?

Sorry I needed a little rant and this is the only place I can really say my real feelings. Obviously the main thing I want is a healthy baby.
xxx

Funkyfry
August 17th, 2013, 03:45 AM
I totally understand that! I am not ever pregnant yet and I know I will be nervous as to whether my sway worked or not!!

Best if luck and I hope you see a girl nub

retrolove1
August 17th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Thank you! xxx

gurly
August 17th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Good luck!

retrolove1
August 17th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Thank you. Don't want my dream to be over just yet xx

Becca.lms
August 17th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Why do they give 12 week scans? They don't in Canada anyway.
Nothing is ever 100% until the baby is born.
I was told girl with my first son. But some people have also been told boy and he a girl.

I went through so much crap trying to find out my seconds sons gender that I went nuts. So next time I'm not finding out at all!

retrolove1
August 17th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Here you have a nuchal scan which measures the fluid at the top of the back to check for downs.

I know nubs aren't 100% anyways. I'm excited to see the baby, it will feel more real too x

Becca.lms
August 17th, 2013, 04:36 PM
No. They only do one scan at 18-22 weeks here.
I'd be low risk for downs anyway.

I had like a billion towards the end with my boys because high risk but going to avoid any if possible this time.

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2013, 02:26 PM
Good luck retro - I looked at your pics but I don't think I saw anything?? I'll check again

retrolove1
August 21st, 2013, 04:42 PM
Good luck retro - I looked at your pics but I don't think I saw anything?? I'll check again

Thanks Atomic. I've got two nub guessing post, would love your opinion. I've gone slightly nub crazy. X