PDA

View Full Version : I thought I was over this!!

pebmcpd7
August 18th, 2013, 06:26 PM
A mother of little girls in my sons class had a boy today after 3 girls!! She has girls all born around my boys and we always commented on it!! I was gutted when I opened my Facebook page and seen beautiful pics of him :(
Will I ever get over this GD?

Adia
August 18th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I wish I knew that answer honey, because it gets to me too.

A boy after 3 girls is so hard for me. I can tell you of more families that I know with GGGB than GGGG. No pressure for me!!

When someone seems to have a 1 gender streak like me and gets an opposite with no effort, its guts me too.

Facebook is no good for GD. Big hugs, I think about you often.

Mabel_79
August 19th, 2013, 02:35 AM
I have actually taken myself off Facebook since finding out DS3 is another boy as there are 7 other school Mum's in our fairly small close knit village who have recently had a third of their different gender (either GGB or BBG). I only know one other lady who has just had her third boy.
To see all those cute girl pictures on Facebook by other Mum's with sons the same age as mine is just too much.
Facebook never made me happy anyway, if it wasn't babies it was that someone else's husband had treated them to a diamond ring or whisked them off to Paris- it never made me feel satisfied and happy so I'm glad to be rid of it.
It was in the news just a couple of days ago that a study showed FB didn't make people happy.
I have also come of the InGender swaying board I was on as don't like hearing the girls I swayed alongside get their girl.
This is the only forum I now visit and definitely feel happier that I am concentrating on my own life and not pining after someone else's through social media.
Maybe take a Facebook break? Xx

1+2+3boys
August 19th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that pebmcp6, I wish I knew the answer for you. :(
I have been off FB for a month and am debating whether or not to go back Mabel. It has been doing me wonders but I miss my due group from the twins.

Mabel_79
August 19th, 2013, 06:24 AM
1+2+3 boys- this is completely off topic but noticed yours son is called Elliot. This is our first choice name for DS3 but my Mum is worried it will be shortened to Ellie which is feminine. Do people shorten your sons name and if so, to what? Xx

ocean
August 19th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I know an Elliot well and no one shortens it to "Ellie" ! The only short name I've heard him occasionally referred to is "Ells"

1+2+3boys
August 20th, 2013, 12:54 AM
1+2+3 boys- this is completely off topic but noticed yours son is called Elliot. This is our first choice name for DS3 but my Mum is worried it will be shortened to Ellie which is feminine. Do people shorten your sons name and if so, to what? Xx

Isn't Elliot such a wonderful name, I always liked it and I am so glad I get to have a son called Elliot. If I had had girls I never would have gotten to use the name! In his 15 months of life so far no one has ever called him Ellie. I do sometimes worry he might get "smelliot" at primary school though. Sometimes we call him El pronounced Al like Al Pacino but that is not girly.

pebmcpd7
August 20th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks girls, I am feeling pretty shit at the minute, I feel so bad and guilty for feeling this way!! I should be happy that everything is going OK with my pregnancy and that baby is healthy.

Adia
August 20th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Don't beat yourself up, we want to experience both genders and their is nothing wrong with that.
Try and stay away from the lousy reminders that stir up our GD....impossible, I know, but worth a try!

RKT Mama
August 20th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks girls, I am feeling pretty shit at the minute, I feel so bad and guilty for feeling this way!! I should be happy that everything is going OK with my pregnancy and that baby is healthy.

You are allowed to feel bad, you deserved to get your girl. Life stinks sometimes. At the same time I really admire you, 7 boys is an amazing achievement and it sounds like you are a really great mum to them

1+2+3boys
August 21st, 2013, 12:35 AM
Two ladies at playgroup just had girls after 1 and 2 boys and one was a surprise. That stung. I know what you mean and I hope it isn't like that forever. In saying that though I am sure your pregnancy hormones will not be making things easier for you at the momment. I am glad your pregnancy is going well, not too long now til you can meet him :)