PDA

View Full Version : Can't figure out when to dtd

daisyfay311
May 15th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Well, this month is a no-go (thanks YI! :mad:) so I'm trying to use it to help figure out next month. I had crazy EWCM on the 12th and 13th. Super stretchy and LOTS of it.

Now, last month I had a lot and then got a smiley OPK two days later and O'd the day after that. At least, AF came two weeks after the day after the smiley OPK.

That's been a pattern for me in the past--the most CM about three days before O--and that's when DD was conceived.

So based on that, I was expecting a smiley OPK today. And there's still not one in sight.

Has anyone else noticed lengthening cycles? When I'm ready to try, how will I know when to dtd? If I only get EWCM three days before O, am I destined to only have girls? Will Stephano ever truly be defeated? (oh wait, that last bit was Days of Our Lives...)

Flava
May 15th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I would never dtd without a +opk for sure. Can you try some sups and see if it gets you more ewcm? Or at least a lube or bsf ( if you do so) If you only get 1 day of +opk dtd that night.

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2011, 02:47 PM
:bigsmile: OK that was hilarious!!

What you have to keep in mind is, all these various things that sway evolved over many many years back when we didn't shower regularly! So EWCM 3 days before you O is no big deal if you aren't washing it all away, some of it will still be hanging around up inside where you can't see it (unless you're checking all the time which is kinda drying itself). Plus, the female reproductive tract is specially designed to maximize odds of pregnancy and keep those spermies alive as long as possible, so you get a big burst of EWCM right about the right time...sperm live about 5 days so by getting your EWCM 3 days before O, your body makes sure that any sperm deposited between then and O will have a better chance of surviving.

I promise you that there IS still EWCM up inside even though you can't see it although you may be disturbing it a little bit by checking. You just happen to get a big burst 3 days before O to maximize sperm survival, so you notice it, but it's still there and you're making more as well. It may just be that you aren't making as much EWCM closer to O because you don't NEED as much - the sperm are going to leave the vajayjay on the way to the egg when you DTD at O and they don't need the EWCM to help them stay alive for three days.

I do think it's a good idea to do the Robitussin because it doesn't hurt anything but I wouldn't spend any time worrying about it, as long as you get SOME EWCM at some point, that is what counts.

I would def. go off the OPK for timing!!

begonia
May 18th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Daisyfay if it makes you feel any better I have the SAME issue! Thanks for the great answer, Atomic!

Roonarpia
May 18th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Atomic is so awesome! I just wanted to say I never get EWCM and I DTD on day of positive OPK and got my BOY! Good luck! :)