PDA

View Full Version : June July August 2013 baby club

Mum23boys
August 19th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Hi girls thought I'd start a topic for those of us with our babies to hop across to to chat ....

Mommyof3boys
August 23rd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Yay! Great idea I keep going back to the other thread but there isn't a lot of posting going on. I have also been trying to find a thread relating to breastfeeding. This is the first baby I have breastfed so I have lots of questions and look stuff up online but it would be great to have people I am familiar with to ask. My family is no help they think breastfeeding is disgusting and have went as far as saying it out loud and keep telling me that I need to give him a bottle every time he is fussy.

Mommyof3boys
August 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Mum23boys how is you little lady doing. I'm sure you are just thrilled to have her. I am completely in love with my little guy he is amazing and I can't imagine him being a girl at this point but part of me still miss the daughter I haven't had. My husband would kill me for wanting anoher but part of me really wants to try one more time. I know several people with four children but I don't know anyone with 5 so I think he and my family would think I'm crazy especially since we didn't tell anyone that we planned Mavus. I think they would think something was up if I accidentally got pregnant 2 times on accident.

Mum23boys
August 23rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Hey Hun good on you for breast feeding - I've done so for all 4 for varying amounts of time but have always stopped before they are 1 I'm not sure how long ill survive this time. Amy is cluster feeding from 7pm-11pm but it means she goes 3.5 hours instead of 2 at night so I can't complain !!
I love your sons name :-) I think we would have gone for 5 if we had another boy :-)

Mommyof3boys
August 23rd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks. He cluster feeds in the evening too but is usually ready for bed around 8 and will sleep until after 2 then go back to sleep until around 5 or 6. I'm not really sure how long I will breastfeed. For now I'm just trying to stick with it for as long as I can and pump and freeze as much as possible so that I will be able to give him breastmilk for awhile afterwards. (I think I have about 300 ounces so far)

It took us until about an hour before we left the hospital to come up with his name. We had debated on Mavus and Owen while I was pregnant and narrowed it down to Owen Michael (Michael is my husbands brothers name). He would have had the initials OMG but since we were naming him after someone we were fine with it. Then when we were in the hospital my husband decided he didn't want to use Michael and wanted his middle name to be Mavus. I didn't want to give him the initials OMG if we weren't naming him after someone so we spent the entire time we were there trying to figure out which first name to use and a middle name for either. We eventually asked the boys which first name they liked best and decided to use Owen for the middle name because we all liked it too.

weeziewoozles
August 23rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
Hey there ladies. Sounds like the breastfeeding is going well. Jasper isn't is any pattern yet that I can see so I'm a bit sleepy but I nursed the other two until nearly one year old so I'm sure we'll get the hang of it again. I find it so weird that people think it's disgusting and even more so that family members can't zip their lips! Keep it up Mommyof3! :)

Jadis
August 25th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Breastfeeding is disgusting?! That's a terrible thing for people to be saying to a mum who's trying to master nursing. Very inconsiderate and unsupportive in my books. Maggie is nursing like a champ and I happen to think that breastfeeding is lovely once you've got the hang of it :) I nursed my boys until they were each 6 months and then, very sadly, gave it up when my milk supply started to taper off. I'm going to aim for 6 months again with Mags but would be thrilled to go even longer. She's still sleeping like a dream! Down around 8pm, up at 3am for a quick feed and down again till 6 or 7am. I'm a very happy camper.

Speaking of 'camper', I feel like the entire summer was written off because we had a baby. We haven't gone away or done anything fun with the kids because we were so busy settling into life with Maggie. We're thinking of buying a camping trailer ('caravan' for you U.K. mamas), does anyone have one? Get a lot of use out of it? We're hoping to go camping often next summer.

minimatron
August 25th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Hey ladies... Finally I can get back on. Life with 4 is busy. None of my girls were successfully breast fed due to attachment issues and I have massive nipples and babes with small mouths. I've expressed for up to 8 weeks and then formula fed. I have always had a great supply though so it always saddens me that I've not been able to do it. So my little Mr is much the same. I'm pumping as I type. I hate it. I'm trying hard but he just screams. I'll see the lactation consultant again this week and see if she has any more tips....

As for us, we've settled in OK after a bumpy start. My little man was born breech and a little flat. He had an operation at 5 days old for an inguinal hernia repair and to fix his tongue tie. He is on daily antibiotic for bilateral kidney dilation see during scans. Hoping he gets the all clear mid September after his scan. Then he will have a hip scan due to breech presentation and strong family history of hip dysplasia. So lots of appointments here.

Well my arm is about to drop off and I've pumped 100mls each side. Good to read everyone's doing OK x

Mum23boys
August 26th, 2013, 04:49 AM
I'm lucky if I can pump 1-2 oz !! Any suggestions on increasing milk supply rather than constant nursing as Amy is already doing that !!

Mum23boys
August 26th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Every hour ..... Since 10am it's been non stop exhausted and if I'm honest a little bit teary :-( any one else's 2 week old this demanding for feeds ? I really dont want to supplement

weeziewoozles
August 26th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Every hour ..... Since 10am it's been non stop exhausted and if I'm honest a little bit teary :-( any one else's 2 week old this demanding for feeds ? I really dont want to supplement

I'm not feeling teary yet but I remember with both boys that as the sleep deprivation accumulates it starts to get to you. Then finally you get them to sleep for long enough periods in the night and you come out the other side! Keep smiling! I'm not sure how to increase supply. I think the general consensus is to make sure you are eating enough and drinking sufficient water so you optimise your ability to make the milk. Jasper is feeding every two hours or so most of the time but likes a 3hr ish morning and afternoon nap so I get a bit of a booby break then. I haven't started pumping yet. DS2 had a real thing against taking the expressed milk from a bottle whereas DS1 was fine with it. It made going out hard with DS2. Hopefully Jasper will be OK with it. I remember reading you're meant to introduce the bottle about 5 weeks old to help with this. Anyone any thoughts?

Mrs_P
August 26th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Mum23 is Amy still going so long at night, that maybe why she's feeding so much or she could be having a growth spurt, Izzy feed constantly for a good few days at 2-3 weeks old and she put on just over a pound in that week - health visitor was really shocked - i was really worried my milk supply was insufficent (which would have been abnormal for me, since tom struggled with rhythm of breast feeding i expressed for 9 months - built my supply up that well i could get 60 ounces a day and it came back the same with both of the other boys) but it turned out she was just increasing it. Although i do find she messes it about a bit, some days she takes very little so it drops slightly, then she spends ages at the breast increasing it again but overall she seems to have settled well to it.

For another thought maybe she just needs to improve her technique, someone once told me bf'ing is a learn't skill for both mom and babe, although you have done it before, she hasn't and needs to learn what to do - how much they get is to do with technique and the older she gets the quicker she should become (not much help now but not unusual too). Was true for my babies anyway, little miss fed for nearly 40 mins when first born, now she can do a feed in 5-10 although often has some good 20 min feeds - although it mostly for comfort then as she falls asleep and doesn't really feed

Mum23boys
August 27th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Thanks girls its definitely a growth spurt as she has put on 5oz in 3 days so must be getting something !! I think she is just a very sucky baby for comfort as well as feeding but she refuses a dummy ( luckily as didn't really want her to have one ) though may persevere if it gives my boobs a break - I'm just worrying as back to work next week and although working from home it's not ideal to have her clinging to me 24-7.
I managed to get her to sleep last night at 11pm with a 2oz expressed bottle as my boobs felt sooo empty ( I have medela bottles they work the same as a nipple she can't suck then like a teat u have to use your toungue .... Very odd but great for avoiding nipple confusion though at 15 pound a bottle are a little pricey so I only have 2 ) she then slept 11-2, 3-5.15 and 6am-8.30am my breasts always feel fine at night enough milk at every feed plus she only took one side at 2am so I was able to pump the other side (though only got 1 oz) and freeze it ready to perhaps use tonight ..... I'm sure we will get there in the end. Thanks for the advise and support ladies

Pearl327
August 27th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Hi ladies. I only just found this thread. It is great to here how you are all getting on with your little ones. John is 7 weeks old today. He had his 6 week check up on Friday and is now 12lb 6oz and 65cm in length. I am bottle feeding as I have a very poor milk supply and would have to top up with bottles anyway but I gave him the colostrum in the hospital.
We were very busy here over the last 2 weeks as DD had the chickenpox. Luckily DS seems to have escaped it. Here is a pic of the two of them

cvd
August 28th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Hi! Just thought I'd check in, I just found this thread.

Hudson was 3 months old on the 22nd. He has already more then doubled his birth weight (born 7lbs 14oz and now weighs 16lbs 8oz). So he is already in 9 month clothing!!! Hudson has rolled from tummy to back already and he has pretty much slept through the night since day 1 (only waking to breastfeed quick every 3 hours for the first month and since then he sleeps 9pm-7am every night) so no complaints on rest for me lol! I nursed DS1 for 8 months so I'm hoping to do the same if not longer. I am working super hard to get down to pre-pregnancy weight/body, doing a bootcamp class 5 days a week which I started 7 weeks after my c-section.

There's my udpdate hehe. Hope everyone is doing great!!!

Mum23boys
August 29th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Is anyone pumping to feed ? Amy is breastfeeding constantly !!! Yet if I express and give her expressed milk in a bottle (2oz) she then goes 2 hours between feeds yet with breast feeds she doesn't for some reason I think she gets too cosy and lazy and sleeps !! I like the idea of pumping and being able to see howuch she is getting each feed but I've also heard its alot harder than breastfeeding and can affect supply ? I would continue to breastfeeding at night ..... But bottles of expressed milk in the day . Can anyone offer advice ? Thanks

Mum23boys
August 29th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Cvd - wow - boot camp - makes me tired just thinking of it !! Ha ha Hudson is doing great - well done u !!!

cvd
August 29th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mum - I can't offer a ton of advice as I am not doing that but I can offer my experience. I pumped once a day in the first month or 2 to make a little supply so I can leave Hudson. I have left him for a day with grandparents and while we were gone I just pumped every 2-3 hours to regulate my supply. Even though I was pumping so often, by the end of the day I was still in pain and couldn't wait to feed him. Maybe I don't have a good enough pump but it just didn't do the job Hudson does lol. I rarely leave him because of that! But I have only done that a couple times, maybe if you are doing it daily your boobs will adjust, or if you have a better pump it wouldn't feel like it did for me?? I hope someone can offer more insight for you :) It is nice to see how much they are eating and let others do some feeding too!

minimatron
August 29th, 2013, 07:40 PM
I only pump because he won't latch. Its hard work but it does allow me to get others to feed. I pump every 3-4 hours during the day. I don't do it at night as it makes me so tired missing out on precious sleep. Got to run... Crying babe

iluvmy4sons
August 29th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Yay! Great idea I keep going back to the other thread but there isn't a lot of posting going on. I have also been trying to find a thread relating to breastfeeding. This is the first baby I have breastfed so I have lots of questions and look stuff up online but it would be great to have people I am familiar with to ask. My family is no help they think breastfeeding is disgusting and have went as far as saying it out loud and keep telling me that I need to give him a bottle every time he is fussy.

:( Sorry your family thinks breastfeeding is disgusting. I have nursed all 4 of my boys and now nursing Lili. I breastfed 1yr to almost 3.

iluvmy4sons
August 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Mum23boys how is you little lady doing. I'm sure you are just thrilled to have her. I am completely in love with my little guy he is amazing and I can't imagine him being a girl at this point but part of me still miss the daughter I haven't had. My husband would kill me for wanting anoher but part of me really wants to try one more time. I know several people with four children but I don't know anyone with 5 so I think he and my family would think I'm crazy especially since we didn't tell anyone that we planned Mavus. I think they would think something was up if I accidentally got pregnant 2 times on accident.

I don't know anyone with 5 children. I think people think I am crazy too. I felt the same way after Carson was born. I could not imagine him being a girl and loved him to pieces. Everyone thinks Lili was not planned, but we planned her.

iluvmy4sons
August 29th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Hi ladies. I only just found this thread. It is great to here how you are all getting on with your little ones. John is 7 weeks old today. He had his 6 week check up on Friday and is now 12lb 6oz and 65cm in length. I am bottle feeding as I have a very poor milk supply and would have to top up with bottles anyway but I gave him the colostrum in the hospital.
We were very busy here over the last 2 weeks as DD had the chickenpox. Luckily DS seems to have escaped it. Here is a pic of the two of them

They are so cute. I am glad he seemed to escape the chicken pox.

iluvmy4sons
August 29th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Is anyone pumping to feed ? Amy is breastfeeding constantly !!! Yet if I express and give her expressed milk in a bottle (2oz) she then goes 2 hours between feeds yet with breast feeds she doesn't for some reason I think she gets too cosy and lazy and sleeps !! I like the idea of pumping and being able to see howuch she is getting each feed but I've also heard its alot harder than breastfeeding and can affect supply ? I would continue to breastfeeding at night ..... But bottles of expressed milk in the day . Can anyone offer advice ? Thanks

I am not pumping to feed, but do pump when I am full mostly at night or morning. The baby is more efficient in getting the milk out then a pump. Is she two weeks she might be going through a growth spurt. Go to www.kellymom.com it has some good advice.

iluvmy4sons
August 29th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Hi everyone! Liliana is 6wks today. I can't believe it and time needs to slow down. I had my 6wk checkup yesterday and I am still trying to decide on birth control or if I should get a tubal. A tubal just seems so final and I get teary eyed just thinking about it, but I know I am done. I am thinking of trying the IUD for awhile. Any advice out there?

Mommyof3boys
August 30th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I had the Mirena for 5 years before I had Mavus and really liked it. I didn't have any problems with it and I didn't have any periods which was a bonus.

As far as pumping goes I'm breastfeeding all day and pumping after the first two feeds in the morning and right before I go to bed. I seem to have a really low supply in the evening which is causing him to be upset a tug on the breast so the last couple of days I have breastfed him around 8 for as long as I can and then I try to pump afterwards so hopefully I will start producing more in the evening and gave him an ounce of the pumped milk from the morning. He has been sleeping from around 9pm to 5am then goes back to sleep until I wake him up at 7:30am when the other boys are getting up for school.

BabyCakesTor
August 30th, 2013, 11:28 PM
I had the Copper IUD (Paraguard) and loved it! It has no hormones and good for 10 years. My hubby will be getting a vasectomy but because Layla was 4 weeks early, and spent the first two weeks in n out of the hospital, we had to put his procedure on hold until he can take more time off. I am getting Paraguard again tomorrow. For the first year the side effects are heavier periods and cramps but I get heavy periods and cramps bad anyway, so no big difference for me... My Gyno gives me Vicodin for cramps anyways. I would opt for no hormones if you're sensitive to them like me iluvmy4sons. Good luck

Mommyof3boys
September 2nd, 2013, 08:28 PM
So I'm still new to breastfeeding and I would love a glass of wine since I haven't had any for almost a year. What are the rules for alcohol and breastfeeding? I don't want to accidentally expose him to alcohol and I have no idea how it all works.

weeziewoozles
September 2nd, 2013, 08:36 PM
So I'm still new to breastfeeding and I would love a glass of wine since I haven't had any for almost a year. What are the rules for alcohol and breastfeeding? I don't want to accidentally expose him to alcohol and I have no idea how it all works.

My understanding is that there's no clear study showing how much alcohol gets through in the breast milk. I guess pharmaceutical companies normally fund research and they've no interest in that. Therefore I'm not sure what the advice I've come across is based on. Having said all that, the advice is to only have a unit or two and to give a good feed just before so as to allow the body time to process the alcohol before your next feed. While breastfeeding DS1 and 2 I only drank on a rare evening out, when they'd been left with my ecpressed milk. By the middle of the night feed I'd have been clear as I never drank much. Most of my friends however just had a drink with dinner here and there so it's up to you really.

fish2012
September 2nd, 2013, 09:23 PM
The bf advice here is that alcohol can't pass into your milk however it can affect your let down reflex making it difficult for the baby to latch and feed. I've always avoided it until they are established feeders and not had more than one vino until they sleep throu and then maybe pushed the boat out and had two ;-)

My breast feeding councillor recommends a glass of wine a day! (She's Nhs qualified midwife!)

BabyCakesTor
September 2nd, 2013, 11:12 PM
Alcohol passes freely into mother's milk and has been found to peak about 30 to 60 minutes after consumption, 60 to 90 minutes when taken with food. Alcohol also freely passes out of a mother's milk and her system. It takes a 120 pound woman about two to three hours to eliminate from her body the alcohol in one serving of beer or wine...the more alcohol that is consumed, the longer it takes for it to be eliminated. It takes up to 13 hours for a 120 pound woman to eliminate the alcohol from one high-alcohol drink. The effects of alcohol on the breastfeeding baby are directly related to the amount the mother consumes.

Excess levels may lead to drowsiness, deep sleep, weakness, and decreased linear growth in the infant. Maternal blood alcohol levels must attain 300 mg/dl before significant side effects are reported in the infant. Reduction of letdown is apparently dose-dependent and requires alcohol consumption of 1.5 to 1.9 gm/kg body weight (6). Other studies have suggested psychomotor delay in infants of moderate drinkers (2+ drinks daily). Avoid breastfeeding during and for 2 - 3 hours after drinking alcohol.
Reasonable alcohol intake should not be discouraged at all. As is the case with most drugs, very little alcohol comes out in the milk. The mother can take some alcohol and continue breastfeeding as she normally does. Prohibiting alcohol is another way we make life unnecessarily restrictive for nursing mothers.

I used to have a glass of wine or beer and avoid breast feeding for 3 hours or so. There's also these if you're really worried about it...

Milkscreen Test - 20 Count | BabiesRUs (http://www.toysrus.com/buy/maternity-clothes/breastfeeding/accessories/milkscreen-test-20-count-ms020-3056092)

And this website was very helpful when I breast fed
http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/alcohol/

Jadis
September 3rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Hey Ladies! Hope you're all doing well. I took Maggie to her first visit to our family doctor today and discovered that my sweet baby girl has a mild form of Spina Bifida. My midwives told me that the deep, long dimple on her lower back was nothing to worry about but my doctor tells me that it certainly looks like a form of spina bifida. It makes sense actually, DH's side of the family has a long and tragic history with the disease. I took extra folic acid to try to prevent it but it caught up with us :( Maggie may be one of the lucky ones who have few or no symptoms at all or she may have some issues down the road. At this point, there's no way to know for sure. I'm going to call the doctor's office tomorrow and demand an ultrasound of her back. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

cvd
September 3rd, 2013, 09:00 PM
Hey Ladies! Hope you're all doing well. I took Maggie to her first visit to our family doctor today and discovered that my sweet baby girl has a mild form of Spina Bifida. My midwives told me that the deep, long dimple on her lower back was nothing to worry about but my doctor tells me that it certainly looks like a form of spina bifida. It makes sense actually, DH's side of the family has a long and tragic history with the disease. I took extra folic acid to try to prevent it but it caught up with us :( Maggie may be one of the lucky ones who have few or no symptoms at all or she may have some issues down the road. At this point, there's no way to know for sure. I'm going to call the doctor's office tomorrow and demand an ultrasound of her back. I'll keep you guys in the loop.
Ah Jadis, I'm so sorry to read this news. But on the other hand so glad to hear it is just mild. I actually had to google it because I've not really heard much about it before, so it's good to know that mild cases sometimes have no symptoms! How are the other's in the family who have it? All mild cases as well? Hopefully they get you in quick for an xray so you have more info. My thought are with you, keep us posted!

iluvmy4sons
September 3rd, 2013, 11:10 PM

My 4th son has one of those and my dr. said there was nothing to worry about. He is totally fine. I hope it will be the same for Maggie.

Jadis
September 4th, 2013, 09:22 AM
iluv-thank you for saying that! I also got a pm from another woman here who's son has it and is totally fine. I take huge comfort in those messages because I absolutely panicked yesterday. It felt like a huge deal to me, just the word 'spina bifida' was terrifying. Thanks again.

Jadis
September 11th, 2013, 07:53 PM
It's very quiet in here! Thought you ladies might get a kick outta this. My baby is a cover girl!

1014238_467314910032812_1360628631_n_zps350cb874.j pg Photo by Jadis6 | Photobucket (http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/Jadis6/media/1014238_467314910032812_1360628631_n_zps350cb874.j pg.html?sort=3&o=0)

Mum23boys
September 13th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Jadis what a stunner !!!

Mum23boys
September 13th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Well Amy is an angel if a baby despite acid reflux and some problems with her bowels. I still can't believe we have her !

Mommyof3boys
September 15th, 2013, 10:01 PM
We had to start giving Mavus formula because he gained less than 1 pound in 6 weeks, but I have about 400+ ounces of breastmilk in the freezer and I can still pump during the day. Is it better to use my breast milk up now and give him just a couple of bottles of formula a day or to spread the milk that I have out over the next couple of months giving him a couple of bottles of it a day once my milk dries up..

Mum23boys
September 17th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Mommy A friends baby weight gain was poor breastfeeding g turns out baby wasn't latched on properly so not getting enough milk so now she expresses every 3 hours and bottle feeds him - might that be worth trying ?

minimatron
September 18th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Hey girls hope you're all well. Sorry I've been mia... The flu has hit our house and just when I thought it had missed me, I'm feeling terrible today. Lachlan is 5weeks old today. He's just define. He suffers from reflux so I'll get it checked at the gp. He's quite stressed some times and fairly unsettled. He gasps or gags after an hour after a feed and screams. Poor little man...but he is still gaining. I went to full formula because I didn't want to express any more because he wasn't latching on at all. Its sad because I've not fed any of my kids because of the same issues. Never mind... My dh still loves my boobs lol. OK I'm going to hibernate. Woe is me today :-)

Mommyof3boys
September 18th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I started giving him breastmilk in the am and pm and formula the rest of the day and he picked up quite a bit of weight but then he got constipated from the formula so now I'm back to breastfeeding him mostly and just giving him formula if he wakes up in the middle of the night and once during the day. Luckily I had been pumping every 3 hours so I still had plenty of milk. He seems to be latched pretty well and my breasts feel empty after he eats but I really don't know because I've never breastfed before. When I was pumping I usually can get around 4 ounces each time so hopefully I'm producing enough.

cvd
September 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in. Hudson is 4 months old and today had his doctor's appointment. He weighs 17lbs 6oz now. We have started to feed him cereal here and there but he is still just nursing. Not much has changed otherwise. Still sleeping great at night, and he is now starting to sit up! He can do it on his own for 30 seconds.

Hope all the babies and mama's are doing well!

Mommyof3boys
September 25th, 2013, 03:10 PM
That's great DVD, my older boys didn't sit up until they were at least 6 months. Mavus turned 3 months old yesterday and finally seems to be growing. I've tried several times to post pictures and can't seem to get them on but I'm going to try again after I get the pictures from today's session. He started rolling over on Sunday from his belly to his back. I'm not sure though if he is doing it intentionally though or if he just rolls over because he bobs his head to the side and the rest of his body just happens to follow. It's really funny to watch.

When my older boys were babies everyone started their babies on cereal at 4 months and now doctors are saying to wait until 6 months.. What does everyone on here do? I did cereal at 4 months for a couple of weeks and then started introducing vegetables one at a time every few days and then fruits after that one at a time with the other boys and I feel like he will be ready to start some solids by the time he gets to 4 months but I wasn't sure if I should hold off. cVD I saw that you were giving Hudson cereal, do they start cereal at 4 months where you live?

cvd
September 25th, 2013, 03:26 PM
That's great DVD, my older boys didn't sit up until they were at least 6 months. Mavus turned 3 months old yesterday and finally seems to be growing. I've tried several times to post pictures and can't seem to get them on but I'm going to try again after I get the pictures from today's session. He started rolling over on Sunday from his belly to his back. I'm not sure though if he is doing it intentionally though or if he just rolls over because he bobs his head to the side and the rest of his body just happens to follow. It's really funny to watch.

When my older boys were babies everyone started their babies on cereal at 4 months and now doctors are saying to wait until 6 months.. What does everyone on here do? I did cereal at 4 months for a couple of weeks and then started introducing vegetables one at a time every few days and then fruits after that one at a time with the other boys and I feel like he will be ready to start some solids by the time he gets to 4 months but I wasn't sure if I should hold off. cVD I saw that you were giving Hudson cereal, do they start cereal at 4 months where you live?
Glad he is growing and rolling mommyof3boys!

Here you hear both recommendations, depends who you talk to, some say 4m is ok.. some say they only need breastmilk/formula till 6m. I kinda just went with my mommy instinct lol he only eats it about every other day cause I am kinda nervous to introduce too much but at 17.5lbs he's nursing every 2 hours still during the day so it's nice to give him cereal and get a break LOL. I use the cereal that's mixed with breastmilk rather then water, he does really well with it so I will probably start giving more soon. With DS1 I waited till the 6 month mark and at 6 months he was 19lbs, but he sure didn't nurse as much as Hudson does when he is awake! Hope it goes well when you start to introduce it.

Mrs_P
September 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM
mommy it changed in the uk when my third was little, it got pushed back to six months and then its straight in with proper food. The health visitor told me at the time that new research found that babys guts went mature enough until between four and five months to handle proper food. Apparantely when the guidline was at 4 months some people were bringing it back to three months and the babes were ending up with problems (i know my mom weaned me at 12 weeks when the advice then was 16-17 weeks). If they moved it to 6 months most moms were waiting til five months which stopped the problems.

but then you end up with the problem that at six months weaning has to move on really fast and they recommend you don't puree which is hard as babies are at risk of choking and they struggle to eat any sort of quantity for a long time if your only giving finger food.

with my little lad the compromise i had was to wait til nearly five months and then i did two weeks of baby rice then moved the rice to tea (i think) and introduced a veg at lunch pureed and carried on like that. I did give some fingers foods alongside for developmental purposes but the quantity came from the puree and this was backed by the health visitor, i will do the same with my little girl at five months ish. Its more about what you and your baby are comfortable with as long you don't started before 17 weeks x

minimatron
September 25th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Hi all, its crazy here. My little man is 6 weeks old now. He's been difficult with his reflux and being extremely unsettled. Yesterday, after having about 2 hours of broken sleep I decided to try him on different formula. I got the novalac reflux and it seems to have settled him...well its only day one so fingers crossed. Because he is only having small feeds he'd eating every 3hours around the clock. At least now he's not screaming after feeds. He's started giving us smiles so it makes all the hard work worth it. We are having our 6 week check up with the gp this morning which includes my pap smear...yuck and his immunisations. Tomorrow he has a scan on his hips. He recently had a surgical review and the wound has healed well, however over the past week he's developed an umbilical hernia which they aren't doing anything about and he has also developed an inguinal hernia on the other side, so he's having surgery again on Monday. We are waiting results too of his kidney scans. This little man has definitely put the wind up us...pregnancy and earth side. He is just beautiful and we wouldn't change it for the world. His sisters adore him so much.

Well here's some photos of Lachlan taken last night at 6 weeks old and a photo of all of my children...although trying to get them to sit still and look at the camera is near impossible :-)

Mum23boys
September 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Hi ladies just read All the updates and glad everyone's little ones are doing well Amy has been smiling from 4 weeks and at 6 weeks gives little chuckles - seems very early but it's definately not wind as if happens all day when she is tickled or babbled too etc

Here are some recent pics .... 14435

weeziewoozles
September 29th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Lovely. I think we're getting smiles now too. Here's Jasper and his brothers :)

Mommyof3boys
September 30th, 2013, 05:49 PM
They are both adorable!

Mum23boys
October 3rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
6 week check up today at 7 weeks + 2 days old and everything is ok - they have taken her off latalose incase she is intolerant and given her Movicol instead to try along with her reflux meds so will see if that helps her.
She weighed in at 9lb 9

Mommyof3boys
October 6th, 2013, 10:45 AM
We went to the doctor Friday and Mavus is finally picking up some weight. He weighed in at 11 pounds 6 ounces. We have been fortunate not to have any babies with reflux but I have had some in my class when I worked in an infant room and it can be hard work. We had one little girl that would projectile vomit several feet after she ate. We had to feed her really small meals all day. Long and leave her upright after she ate and try to keep her from getting upset because she would vomit if she started crying. Mum23boys I hope hers isn't that bad and that you find something that works well for her soon.

Jadis
October 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Wow! Where is everyone? It's a ghost town in here! Just an update on Maggie: her spine is totally and completely normal!! Yay! BUT she's not pooping (it's been 17 days since her last BM) and she didn't maintain her pattern on the growth chart, she slipped down a bit. So, she's being referred to a pediatrician :( If it's not one thing, it's another! Hope everyone else is doing well!

atomic sagebrush
October 11th, 2013, 05:34 PM
That is very similar to what happened with my guy too - the stool softeners work wonders, I hope you're able to find one that works for her.

Jadis
October 11th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks Atomic! I'm thinking of taking her to a pediatric chiropractor too. I'll keep ya posted, hope your munchkins are doing well!

Mum23boys
October 12th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Amy is the same she had lactalose to start but upset her then movicol and the stomach cramps. Must be awful as she screams but then she screams in pain from not pooing too so it's kind of loose loose situation :-(

Maple
October 12th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Hi ladies!

Finally I found this thread!
Nice to see how some of you are going!
Everything is great with us! Life is definitely busier, but really fun! I'm loving watching my girls grow.. Here is a recent pic.. I will certainly check in now and then.. XX

Mum23boys
October 13th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Maple they are scrummy

Mum23boys
October 13th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Maple
October 13th, 2013, 05:17 PM

Oh Mum23! Looking gorgeous in pink. I'm jealous of her beautiful head of hair! XX

Mommyof3boys
October 15th, 2013, 07:40 AM
I'm super jealous of all the beautiful girls!

iluvmy4sons
October 16th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone. I love seeing all the pictures. I been so busy with the boys sports and Liliana that I hardly have time to hop on here. I can't believe on Friday she will be 3 months. She weighs just over 10lbs and is a great sleeper. She has bern sleeping from 9 or 10 until 6 or 7 am for about a month now. I also included a picture of her in the same dress I wore at 7 weeks. Here are a few pictures.1479614797147981479914800

minimatron
October 19th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Wow you look the same. She's just beautiful, well done.

Times flying here too and I'm so busy. I'll try and pop back later x

Mum23boys
October 20th, 2013, 04:04 PM
4 sons I love that pic of u
in the same dress

unsure!
October 20th, 2013, 05:27 PM
iluvmy4sons she is so cute!!! I love her matching head bands where are these outfits from? of the net?

iluvmy4sons
October 20th, 2013, 05:56 PM
iluvmy4sons she is so cute!!! I love her matching head bands where are these outfits from? of the net?

The fall one and the green one are from Gymboree. The black and white outfit my mom got her.

iluvmy4sons
October 20th, 2013, 05:58 PM
4 sons I love that pic of u
in the same dress

Thank you. I am surprised it was in good shape to use. I used it to also dress my dolls up.

cvd
October 22nd, 2013, 01:14 PM

Santa came early haha!
Hudson is 5 months old today, and I just got him weighed - 18lbs even. I have moved him to a regular rear facing car seat as he is too heavy in the infant carrier! He's doing great!

iluvmy4sons
October 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM

Santa came early haha!
Hudson is 5 months old today, and I just got him weighed - 18lbs even. I have moved him to a regular rear facing car seat as he is too heavy in the infant carrier! He's doing great!

He is too cute:)

minimatron
October 23rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Look at him...what a cutie.

Lachlan's 10 weeks old now. Its been a long 10 weeks I'll say. After 2 operations and countless appointments, reflux and becoming unwell with a simple cold, fingers crossed I'm finally seeing some light. He started losec for the reflux and has changed to a more settled baby who sleeps in blocks rather than cat napping. Now I'm feeling more rested and able to cope better. I'm yelling and crying less. I actually now get up early and exercise. I'm starting to really enjoy my little man now and my family. My husband is getting the snip tomorrow... Yay. Although its kind of sad but not..I have mixed feelings but I can't keep on having kids, emotionally and financially.
Well just finished on the exercise bike.... Hope you're all well. Kisses to those beautiful babies x

Bama Belle
October 24th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Hi ladies! I just found you! I'll post a pic soon. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

Mommyof3boys
November 1st, 2013, 10:07 AM
I just wanted to come on here and vent... I am so sick of my family and their inconsiderate, no rude and inappropriate remarks about breastfeeding. I am the only person in my family to ever breastfeed their baby and this is the only one of my four that I have breastfed so I never realized how against it they are. My sister actually started gagging and almost threw up when she was feeding him a bottle of breastmilk last month and its to the point that I don't even feed him abound any of them I just give him a bottle of formula instead. Last night my sister said that I'm breastfeeding him because I am addicted to it whatever that means and that it is disgusting and the same thing as feeding my baby urine and a couple of weeks ago she even asked the baby if I had just molested him (referring to breastfeeding). My mom has made several comments about it being gross and that breastfed babies always look underfed, which he doesn't and when we were shopping she made a bunch of nasty comments about a woman that was feeding her older infant being disgusting and only feeding her baby for her own enjoyment. Granted I do personally think the woman could have been more discrete she had her entire breast out and her baby kept pulling off and looking around and she kept herself uncovered the entire time and there were lots of people around. I don't think a person should hide that they are breastfeeding but I do think you should be courteous to others around you and be as discrete as you can, but I don't cover my entire body and baby up I don't eat under a blanket so why should he have to. Obviously my family is just ignorant or they wouldn't make the comments that they do but it is very frustrating to be judged and criticized for something that should be normal and natural especially when what you really need after having a baby is support. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though they were completely unsupportive when I told them I was pregnant.

iluvmy4sons
November 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM
Wow!! Those comments are so inappropriate. I would print out information and throw it in their faces. I would also ask them why do we produce milk then? If our babies were not meant to be fed that way we would not produce milk. I have bf all my babies. I have had no problems. 98% of all my friends have breastfeed as well. I would find a la Leache league near you for support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

minimatron
November 8th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Wow...wow. I don't even know what to say about that but wow. I have not successfully breast fed any of mine so personally I think you are doing fantastic. Those comments are.... Ignorant, rude, stupid. Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

cvd
November 10th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I can't believe those comments. It's the best thing you can do for your baby!!! Although I know some people can't breastfeed for whatever reasons but if you can, that's fabulous. Keep going, don't listen to them!!!

Breastfed babies do NOT look underfed. DS1 was 19lbs at 6 months (he did get a bit of formula before bed though) and DS2 was over 18lbs a couple weeks ago at 5 months - he is strictly BREASTFED. Neither of my boys have ever looked underfed right from the get go. People should keep their comments to themselves. I agree - tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine lol.

Mum23boys
November 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Wow yet no doubt they are happy to drink cows milk which let's face it is just cows breast milk ???

iluvmy4sons
November 11th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Here are a few of Liliana's 3 month pictures.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/12/ju7uqeta.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/12/era5yhav.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/12/8ajaru6u.jpg

weeziewoozles
November 12th, 2013, 01:17 AM
I just wanted to come on here and vent... I am so sick of my family and their inconsiderate, no rude and inappropriate remarks about breastfeeding. I am the only person in my family to ever breastfeed their baby and this is the only one of my four that I have breastfed so I never realized how against it they are. My sister actually started gagging and almost threw up when she was feeding him a bottle of breastmilk last month and its to the point that I don't even feed him abound any of them I just give him a bottle of formula instead. Last night my sister said that I'm breastfeeding him because I am addicted to it whatever that means and that it is disgusting and the same thing as feeding my baby urine and a couple of weeks ago she even asked the baby if I had just molested him (referring to breastfeeding). My mom has made several comments about it being gross and that breastfed babies always look underfed, which he doesn't and when we were shopping she made a bunch of nasty comments about a woman that was feeding her older infant being disgusting and only feeding her baby for her own enjoyment. Granted I do personally think the woman could have been more discrete she had her entire breast out and her baby kept pulling off and looking around and she kept herself uncovered the entire time and there were lots of people around. I don't think a person should hide that they are breastfeeding but I do think you should be courteous to others around you and be as discrete as you can, but I don't cover my entire body and baby up I don't eat under a blanket so why should he have to. Obviously my family is just ignorant or they wouldn't make the comments that they do but it is very frustrating to be judged and criticized for something that should be normal and natural especially when what you really need after having a baby is support. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though they were completely unsupportive when I told them I was pregnant.

Ignorance definitely breeds prejudice. So sorry to hear that they can't accept your choice with your oen baby. As iluvmysons said, 98% of my friends have breastfed too so fortunately I've not come across such unpleasantness. I know it's not the same as supportive family around you but remember most of the mummies in the world breastfeed and as has been said, is natural. It's what makes us mammals!

weeziewoozles
November 12th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Sorry I've been AWOL. Life's so busy as you all know. Jasper seems to be doing really well. He'll be three months next week and is busy smiling and chuckling. Only wish he'd do some sleeping! When I read some of you saying they're sleeping through or near enough it sounds like a fantasy story to me! Having said that he's probably marginally better than the other two! 15197

weeziewoozles
November 13th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Show them this fab cartoon about breastfeeding prejudice! :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoMorePage3/status/400569273703477248/photo/1?screen_name=NoMorePage3&

Mommyof3boys
November 14th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Thank you all for your support. It has been really difficult to have to deal with all of their comments for sure. I love the cartoon, it is hilarious!

Your babies are just gorgeous! I've tried to post a picture several times of Mavus but I keep getting a message that I'm not authorized to post pictures. I'm not sure what that means but I will try again from our computer when I get a chance.

cvd
November 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Show them this fab cartoon about breastfeeding prejudice! :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoMorePage3/status/400569273703477248/photo/1?screen_name=NoMorePage3&
Love it!

iluvmy4sons
December 2nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
I hope all the babies are doing okay. Liliana had her 4 month checkup last week she is 10lbs 6oz and 23.5 inches. Here is a picture from Thanksgiving.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/03/ubu7e2uz.jpg

Mum23boys
December 3rd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Hi ladies sorry I've not been on I ages Amy has had a real terrible flu and now has brochilitus to top it off so has missed her injections along the way too plus I'm working full time 7-6 with 4 children under 18 months trying to sort my own 4 kids out and keep the home going I'm exhausted !!!

weeziewoozles
December 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Hi ladies sorry I've not been on I ages Amy has had a real terrible flu and now has brochilitus to top it off so has missed her injections along the way too plus I'm working full time 7-6 with 4 children under 18 months trying to sort my own 4 kids out and keep the home going I'm exhausted !!!

Wowwee! I thought I was busy just looking after my three! You must be a wonder woman!

cvd
December 10th, 2013, 02:01 PM

Here's my big baby Hudson! 6 and a half months and he is just over 19lbs now. We are just getting over a rough patch - growth spurt, teething, and being sick all at once! Things are just about back on track though :) although he has now started biting while nursing OUCH. Hope all is well with everyone.

weeziewoozles
December 12th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Wow. Jasper is nearly four months now. I've not weighed him for a bit but he's been about average weight so far. He's still waking too much at night and won't take an expressed bottle, but otherwise he's gorgeous :)

iluvmy4sons
December 13th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Hudson is adorable.

iluvmy4sons
December 13th, 2013, 01:58 AM
I can't believe our babies are 4,5,6 and months. Where has time gone? Liliana will be 5 months on the 18th.

Pearl327
January 12th, 2014, 05:52 AM
A belated happy new year to all. I hope you all had a lovely holiday season with your expanding families. John is 6 months old now and eating solids since 4 ands half months and loves his food. He is still in the 99.9% for height and 75% for weight.

All your babies look so cute. Here are my two 16256

iluvmy4sons
January 16th, 2014, 10:47 PM
He is adorable.

iluvmy4sons
January 16th, 2014, 10:48 PM
A belated happy new year to all. I hope you all had a lovely holiday season with your expanding families. John is 6 months old now and eating solids since 4 ands half months and loves his food. He is still in the 99.9% for height and 75% for weight.

All your babies look so cute. Here are my two 16256

Your kids are adorable, Pearl.

Pearl327
January 26th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Thanks iluvmy4sons.

I was just wondering if any of you ladies are planning any more and if so will you sway.

I have been thinking about no 3 a lot recently and so has DH. I have been debating whether or not to sway this time. I think it would be very hard not to sway with all I know about it now. I would love another girl and boy ( not greedy much, am I). I think I would try swaying girl first so the age gap between the sisters wouldn't be too big.

weeziewoozles
January 26th, 2014, 06:21 PM
We've been talking about number four since last spring when we found out that DS3 was a boy, but we're still not sure what to do. We've considered trying now (DS3 is five months) as my body will still be recovering so probably less fertile than usual. Plus I'm breastfeeding. But Atomic said that the link between breastfeeding and gender isn't clear; there is some evidence that it sways pink but she thinks that sometimes only the really fertile couple can actually conceive while breastfeeding so are probably team blue. So....I think we'd rather have another gap of about two years. I'm not sure what to do about swaying again as I feel I did a lot with DS2 and loads with DS3, but both sways failed. We don't have the money to fly to the US and pay for high tech balancing but I know that's the only way really. So tricky!

Pearl327
January 28th, 2014, 04:05 AM

Pearl327
January 28th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Sorry that your sways didn't work weeziewozzles. That is a much harder decision so.

I am from an all girl family and my DH has 6 sisters, so people were surprised when we had a boy. ( I didn't tell them that I swayed hard for a boy). So we do want DD to have a sister but probably not until DS is 2 also. But I love to plan.

iluvmy4sons
January 28th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Thanks iluvmy4sons.

I was just wondering if any of you ladies are planning any more and if so will you sway.

I have been thinking about no 3 a lot recently and so has DH. I have been debating whether or not to sway this time. I think it would be very hard not to sway with all I know about it now. I would love another girl and boy ( not greedy much, am I). I think I would try swaying girl first so the age gap between the sisters wouldn't be too big.

I am done I think 5 is my limit.

iluvmy4sons
January 28th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I can't believe Liliana is 6 months old. I been feeling blah. This winter is really getting to me. It has been in the negatives and even more with the wind chills. The kids have been off school more than went this month. Here are a couple of pictures of Lili.She is still a peanut wearing 0-3 month closing still.1660416604[/ATTACH[ATTACH=CONFIG]16605]

weeziewoozles
January 28th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Awwwww she's beautiful :)

odd
January 28th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Omg toooooo cute

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

my4leafclover
January 28th, 2014, 10:47 PM
I can't believe I am just finding this thread. I have hardly popped on here . So adorable babies!!! My little Emma(Emilia) is 6 months this week. Time has just flown by. It is nice to connect with other moms, especially with 3 or more and boy moms :). People think we are nuts to have a baby so late in the game....and we probably are, but a good happy nuts.

weeziewoozles
January 29th, 2014, 12:04 AM
She's lovely! Yes I think we're a good happy nuts to want more when I'm sitting here feeding Jasper for the third time tonight! He'll be six months in a couple of weeks - baby led weaning here I come!16610

Pearl327
January 29th, 2014, 04:12 AM
Jasper, Emma and Lilliana are all so cute. I can't believe Lilliana so petite. John is in 9-12 month clothes now and was in 3-6 month clothes when he was a month old. I feel that I didn't really get a tiny baby stage with him at all. Maybe that is why I am so broody again now even though I will have to wait a little while to TTC.

iluvmy4sons
January 29th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Awwwww she's beautiful :)

iluvmy4sons
January 29th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Omg toooooo cute

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

iluvmy4sons
January 29th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I can't believe I am just finding this thread. I have hardly popped on here . So adorable babies!!! My little Emma(Emilia) is 6 months this week. Time has just flown by. It is nice to connect with other moms, especially with 3 or more and boy moms :). People think we are nuts to have a baby so late in the game....and we probably are, but a good happy nuts.

She is adorable:)

iluvmy4sons
January 29th, 2014, 07:59 PM
She's lovely! Yes I think we're a good happy nuts to want more when I'm sitting here feeding Jasper for the third time tonight! He'll be six months in a couple of weeks - baby led weaning here I come!16610

I am doing BLW and some purees since she is a peanut. At her drs appointment today she weighed 11lbs 7 1/2 ounces and 25 inches. The dr. is not worried because she is proportional and doing all her milestones.

my4leafclover
January 30th, 2014, 10:27 AM
thank you.
LOL Weezie. I have been BF and supplementing. Now she has 2 teeth and I can see weening in my future. The only issue is that she does not take binkies and even though I know better she uses me as a pacifier in the middle of the night.I am starting her on cereal next week so I hope that helps her sleep a little better. Fingers crossed. I love snuggling with her but night time can be rough too. I am enjoying her though. I know she is my last and it finally feels right :)

Bama Belle
February 3rd, 2014, 06:35 PM
We've been talking about number four since last spring when we found out that DS3 was a boy, but we're still not sure what to do. We've considered trying now (DS3 is five months) as my body will still be recovering so probably less fertile than usual.

I have heard that you are MORE fertile the first year after giving birth.

weeziewoozles
March 2nd, 2014, 01:34 AM
Are any of you considering TTC again this year?

minimatron
March 22nd, 2014, 05:52 AM
We are done. Dh had the snip last Oct. 4 is enough!

Jadis
March 23rd, 2014, 08:40 PM
LADIES! I'm finally back after a big, long hiatus. How is everyone? Maggie is getting bigger everyday, she's got the craziest hair! My boys are great too :) Would love some updates!

weeziewoozles
March 31st, 2014, 02:40 PM
My boys are all wonderful. DS1 is nearly five and you can really see him maturing. He's wonderful with DS3. Really loves playing with him. I'm eating a vegetarian diet now and going to do the LE diet again soon to TTC a DD!

iluvmy4sons
May 16th, 2014, 11:48 PM
LADIES! I'm finally back after a big, long hiatus. How is everyone? Maggie is getting bigger everyday, she's got the craziest hair! My boys are great too :) Would love some updates!

Liliana does not have hardly any hair. I am glad everything is going great.

iluvmy4sons
May 16th, 2014, 11:48 PM
My boys are all wonderful. DS1 is nearly five and you can really see him maturing. He's wonderful with DS3. Really loves playing with him. I'm eating a vegetarian diet now and going to do the LE diet again soon to TTC a DD!

Good luck.

iluvmy4sons
May 16th, 2014, 11:50 PM
My boys still fight over Liliana. I can't believe she will be 10 months on Sunday. This year is going by fast:( She is still a peanut finally in 6 month clothing. Here are her 9 month pictures.

carri Photos (http://ahphotography.shootproof.com/event/608203)

iluvmy4sons
May 30th, 2014, 11:48 PM
I can't believe our babies are going to be one soon.

Bama Belle
June 15th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Is anyone on FB? Do you want to start a private group there? I'll set it up if you are interested.

iluvmy4sons
June 29th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Is anyone on FB? Do you want to start a private group there? I'll set it up if you are interested.

I am interested in the fb group.

aroundtheworld
July 23rd, 2014, 01:51 AM
Hi everyone! It's been FOREVER. My twin girls turned 1 on June 13th and they're doing beautifully! My family and I have been in the international adoption process since March; we're adopting a 4 year old little girl from Peru who has Down Syndrome. I was able to go and meet her just a few weeks ago and she is BEAUTIFUL all around. I'd love to join a FB group!

iluvmy4sons
July 27th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone! It's been FOREVER. My twin girls turned 1 on June 13th and they're doing beautifully! My family and I have been in the international adoption process since March; we're adopting a 4 year old little girl from Peru who has Down Syndrome. I was able to go and meet her just a few weeks ago and she is BEAUTIFUL all around. I'd love to join a FB group!

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I can't believe how fast the year flew by.

Mum23boys
August 10th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone - who is still around - Ive been really lame at getting on here since our little lady was born. She will be 1 on wednesday - its just flown past and Im already trying to convince DH that he wants another baby !! ha ha

This is my scrummy princess :

Not the best picture but i dot have many saved on the laptop they are all on my phone but you can see more if you want to look at my facebook page - Its christine Grant

https://www.facebook.com/christine.grant.397

Amy is loved soooooo much by her big brothers - they practically look after her 24-7 - They all keeping asking for another sister but when i try and explain that they could end up with a brother as its pot luck they all say "no thanks we have enough brothers" ha ha

Look forward to catching up with everyone
Christine.
x

iluvmy4sons
August 11th, 2014, 11:47 PM
She is adorable:)

Jadis
September 22nd, 2014, 10:28 PM
Oh my gosh! This group made some cute babies!