PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, Need help deciding on a clinic to cycle with!!

Katiecool
August 19th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Hi,

I know this question has been asked many times before but i have trawled sites and my brain is a complete mess with it all. Basically I am looking into going PGD/IVF as soon as possible but live in the UK so need to go to a clinic overseas. Am I right in saying that the greater success rates are in the US? Cyprus seems to get mixed reviews (but then doesn't everywhere?). I am 40 years old, had no trouble getting pregnant before and would dearly love a little girl (got 2 gorgeous boys already and can't risk another one!). This is most likely going to be a one shot go as don't really have the funds at all, let alone to keep going. But I understand the likelihood of it working on a first time is very low? Can anyone please give any advice? Should I be going to Cyprus (or even somewhere else) as they do sperm sorting? Or are my chances greater in the US even though they don't do sperm sorting?
Also which clinics are the best? There are so many in the US!!
Any advice would be brilliant as my head is in a complete spin and this is a massive outlay of time, emotion and money so want to avoid making a hash of it!
Thanks so much!
xx

nuthinbutpink
August 19th, 2013, 10:00 AM
First, welcome. I would become a Dream Member on here do you can access all the HT info including the past cycle info of other members on here.

At 40, odds are not with you with IVF. It may take multiple attempts to get one good embryo of the correct gender. Some people on here have used donor eggs and found success that way.

Genesis is a cheaper option than the US but your odds are greater cycling in the US. There are several clinics in New York and California is a popular option.

If you do a consult with a doctor and get orders for pretesting, that may give you an idea of how you may respond. Consults are free with Dr Potter of HRC for Dream Members. A chat with a doctor may give you a better idea of what to expect.

Whether the US or Cyprus, there are many UK women on here that can help you.

Katiecool
August 20th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks so much. I have joined as a dream member and am already chatting to chatty monkey who seems to be in exactly the same position as me. Also I filled out the form for HRC and am just waiting to hear back.
In terms of navigating the reems of info on here do you have any tips of how to get to the useful stuff particular to me as I got a bit overwhelmed with it all! Thanks so much. x