PDA

View Full Version : So stressed out right now.

tmbabcock
August 21st, 2013, 01:26 AM
So I am 4 wks 4 days and I am going nuts! My first 2 were girls. With my second daughter I was not this stressed when it came to gender. I mean I wanted a boy but when I heard girl it was okay cause I knew we could try again. This is our last chance. I would be willing to try again in another 5 years or so but DH does not want anymore children after this. So I have this looming anxiety hanging over me that I'll never have my boy and it is killing me not knowing. I mean if I have another girl I will be happy and I will totally be in love with her but I will also be so sad that I'll never have my boy. I felt my sway went pretty well. I wasn't strict on it but I stuck to the basics and felt I did my best. I'm just scared. I have another 8 weeks till I can even possibly get a nub shot and I'm going insane. I just wish I didn't have to wait that long and then it's another 3 to 4 weeks after that till I have the possibility of getting confirmation. I'm not even telling anyone and I have banned DH from telling anyone that we are even expecting till after we have confirmation on the sex because I don't want to have to endure the teasing I will get from my family and friends about the possibility of having a third girl. I'm losing sleep which is no good. I lay down at night to go to bed and can't fall asleep. I will lay there for hours just thinking about. I feel like I am going insane. I'm happy I'm pregnant and excited to have another little baby but I don't feel like I am going to be able to enjoy this pregnancy till I know. Even if I hear girl I will still enjoy this pregnancy. It's just the fact of not knowing anything. I just wanna know and it is so hard. I know that I am not the only one that goes through this but I just needed to vent and I have no one I can talk to. I'm so glad I have you ladies here to vent to and the best part is you all understand me. So I thank you. :)

1+2+3boys
August 21st, 2013, 03:29 AM
It was hard not to obsess over the gender of my baby and then genders with twins from 12 weeks and it felt like a lifetime until I could find out so I could be happy or start processing the possibility of never having a daughter. The not knowing was driving me insane. I tried to distract myself and it worked a bit. Are there any new projects or hobbies you have been wanting to do because now would be the perfect time. I hope the time flies for you and I hope you hear blue at the scan

dloui128
August 21st, 2013, 08:36 AM
I felt the same way hun, it drove me nuts not knowing which is why I went to a private gender scan at 14 weeks.

tmbabcock
August 21st, 2013, 11:12 AM
We'll my first OB appt isn't until 12 wks and a couple days so I will hopefully get a nub shot then. If not there is an elective place not that far from me that I'll go to at 13 weeks to try and get a nub shot. They do gender ultrasounds as early as 15 weeks so I will be going back once I hit 15. The only thing that is killing my is I don't hit 15wks till Nov 1. That's almost 2 1/2 months away. I really am convinced I am just going to lose my mind. LOL

Ribenaberry
August 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM
Ah hun, pregnancies always seem to drag in the first few weeks, i have to keep reminding myself ive only known a week even though it feels like forever ha!

I know what you mean about needing to know the gender, another girl is wonderful, but its the not having a son bit that is hard to get over, so the earlier the better! But, we could both be poppin blue bubbas out in 8 months time, now that would be wonderful :)

My sil is going for her gender scan on sunday at 16 weeks, i am already jealous ha!

Xxx

3littleladies
August 22nd, 2013, 12:53 AM
I was the same, it was driving me bonkers, and then at that 20wk u/s when she said its a girl, my DH said 'that's beautiful' and my answer was 'oh really' and then once we walked out of that u/s I told my DH to drop me off down at the beach and I sobbed for 2hrs. Fast forward to the delivery, it was the best delivery of all my girls and I immediately fell in love, fast forward she's now 14months and my desire for a boy is still here grrrr!

I hope you get your boy!!

tmbabcock
August 22nd, 2013, 05:26 AM
It's hard too cause a some friends of mine just had their baby girl and got exactly what they wanted. They have a little boy that's a couple months older than my oldest. A part of me just kind of hates them right now. It's also difficult because I'm 25 and basically everyone in my generation (friends my age or around my age) are all pregnant and it just seems like everyone is having boys. There are only like 2 out of the 10 people I know that either just had a baby or are pregnant that are having girls and all the rest are having boys. I just don't get it. I actually got a call from my OB today telling me that they could get me in 2 weeks early (so I would be 10 1/2 weeks instead of 12 1/2 weeks) and I told them no that it was okay. I told them that cause I know I have an ultrasound at my first appt and I want that nub shot. Grrr! I just feel like that until I find out this is going to control my life. :sad:

3littleladies
August 22nd, 2013, 09:10 PM
I felt the same way hun, it drove me nuts not knowing which is why I went to a private gender scan at 14 weeks.

dloui128 how did you feel when you got told you were having a boy? I just want to pretend its me for a moment!

tmbabcock
August 28th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Ugh.... I just feel like this 1st trimester is dragging by soooo slowly and I feel like I can't think about anything else. :( I wish I could just fall asleep for like the next 7 weeks and then wake up and go to my first scan.

deaks66
August 28th, 2013, 03:25 AM
I remember that feeling all too well. Keep busy.