PDA

View Full Version : Lp

Becca.lms
August 22nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
I ovulated on the 20, and my cycles are 28 days. If I do conceive what should I do?
Do I need to lengthen it?
B6?

rainbowflower
August 22nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
this cycle might not be 28 days, wait and see when/if AF turns up
are you temping to know for sure when you OV?

rainbowflower
August 22nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
this cycle might not be 28 days, wait and see when/if AF turns up
are you temping to know for sure when you OV?

Becca.lms
August 22nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
It's the same cycle I had when I conceived my boys.
I'm due Tuesday so we will see if it comes.
Not temping no. My temps seen accurate anyway because I nurse and have chronic hot flashes etc.

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Your LP is usually tacked onto the end after your ovulation. It doesn't vary in length even if you ovulate later than normal, it's generally gonna be 14 (or whatever number of days) after your ovulation so I would expect to get AF a bit later than normal.

Now, it is possible to have both a delayed ovulation and a short LP, but they are not interconnected like that.

I really don't recommend the B6, I think it takes months to work and by that time usually your body has worked it out anyway. Even if you have a short LP, you don't HAVE to fix it, your body is already working to fix it.

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
It's the same cycle I had when I conceived my boys.
I'm due Tuesday so we will see if it comes.
Not temping no. My temps seen accurate anyway because I nurse and have chronic hot flashes etc.

OK so it's normal for you to have 8 day LP and you've gotten pg with that before???

Nursing can contribute to short LP - sometimes our bodies think "eh, now's not the best time for getting pg" and start these primitive birth control measures like delaying O and/or shortening LP to give you more time between babies.

Becca.lms
August 22nd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Yes. I'm just more worried this time.
I'm paranoid of becoming infertile lol.

Becca.lms
August 22nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Guess we will see! Maybe Vitex will delay it. Guess we will see.
Thanks!

rainbowflower
August 22nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
I think the nursing does sound like part of the "problem"

I had a 6 day LP my first TTC cycle when swaying so obviously that was too short to get pregnant. It had previously been 11 days before having DS1. I started vitex and vit B6, and also night weaned a bit. The cycle after all that it was 12 days, so my longest one ever! The cycle after that I got a BFP. :) so those things worked very quick for me

Becca.lms
August 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Ahhhhhhh so stressed out now.

Becca.lms
August 22nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
I hope my lp us longer this month.

Becca.lms
August 22nd, 2013, 07:06 PM
Since Vitex gave me a 28 day cycle should I stop taking it?

Becca.lms
August 22nd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Maybe I could get prescribed Clomid ;)

Becca.lms
August 22nd, 2013, 10:45 PM
If I have to choose between nursing and Conceiving I'm going to nurse. I don't want to force any weaning at all.

Becca.lms
August 22nd, 2013, 11:01 PM
Or soy iso?
As you can see I cannot think about anything but my lp now.

rainbowflower
August 23rd, 2013, 03:01 AM
I think most GPs wouldn't prescribe it unless you'd been trying a year, my own GP told me to stop nursing if I wanted to get pregnant (clearly didn't know much about fertility, but since nursing does reduce fertility they might think that's a reason not to offer fertility help)

atomic sagebrush
August 25th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Since Vitex gave me a 28 day cycle should I stop taking it?

???Why would you?? please elaborate!

atomic sagebrush
August 25th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Maybe I could get prescribed Clomid ;)

Clomid is the number one fix for short LP. But if you are nursing, most doctors will not prescribe it until you try weaning first.

atomic sagebrush
August 25th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I think most GPs wouldn't prescribe it unless you'd been trying a year, my own GP told me to stop nursing if I wanted to get pregnant (clearly didn't know much about fertility, but since nursing does reduce fertility they might think that's a reason not to offer fertility help)

While this is true for people who are using Clomid for getting pregnant, another very common use of Clomid is for extending luteal phase and it's really the best thing out there at doing that (WAY better than prog supps). Many people are prescribed Clomid not for trouble conceiving but for short LP. :)

atomic sagebrush
August 25th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Yes. I'm just more worried this time.
I'm paranoid of becoming infertile lol.

please don't be, aren't you 24?? You're at the peak of your fertility.

Please please please don't stress. If, and that's a BIG IF, your cycle stays weird even for a few months afterwards, you can just put TTC on hold. Your body isn't in stasis here - it has its ways of fixing it when things go wrong and it's very very likely that the diet + breastfeeding has just convinced it that times are not right for a pregnancy. So the answer is to eat a little bit better (I'm sure you're prob. sick of hearing that from me LOL) and patience.

Becca.lms
August 25th, 2013, 03:29 PM
please don't be, aren't you 24?? You're at the peak of your fertility.

Please please please don't stress. If, and that's a BIG IF, your cycle stays weird even for a few months afterwards, you can just put TTC on hold. Your body isn't in stasis here - it has its ways of fixing it when things go wrong and it's very very likely that the diet + breastfeeding has just convinced it that times are not right for a pregnancy. So the answer is to eat a little bit better (I'm sure you're prob. sick of hearing that from me LOL) and patience.

Lolol to the eating right. I'm eating grapes right now!

Because I think Vitex is messing up my ovulation. Because if I ovulate on day 20...my cycle before Vitex was 34,35 days.

And Idontwannawait. Wahhhhh. Yes, 24. I just want my kids all close in age. Liam and Ezra are 18 m apart - love it! But Ezra is already 14 months.

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2013, 09:57 AM
grapes ain't gonna cut it - you need FAT.

and the vitex is...extending? shortening? What exactly is it that is happening? I'm sorry, I get dozens of very similar posts a day and I need you to fill in the blanks, even if you already went over it in this thread I don't have time to reread the whole thing.

When i started off TTC I thought I would have 5 children equally spaced 3 1/2 years apart and it would be perfect and lovely and the angels would sing and rainbows would shine and flowers would grow everywhere even in wintertime. But that didn't happen and it turned out that is actually my least fave kid spacing (my first two are that far apart and the rest are all over the map.)! Life can surprise you, it may be that you prefer something you haven't even thought of yet. Remember, obsessing over details that are largely meaningless is not your friend here (even tho they have meaning to YOU, I'm not trying to discount your feelings but just in the grand scheme of things you know in your gut that a few months does not matter). It may even be better for you physically because I thought I read that you had c-sections and it may be better to have another couple months to recover from those before getting pg again. :)