PDA

View Full Version : Mothers instinct - are we right?

Ribenaberry
August 22nd, 2013, 02:37 PM
I saw ELP post a thread on another due date group for ladies to guess the gender, and then to see how true mothers instinct can be!

I thought it might be fun to do it too.

So if you'd like to have a guess (even if you have a good nub shot already) put your name below with the colour you think you are having and we can see how many of us are right :)

Ribenaberry :DS: - it's a :DS: !!!!!
HopefulMonster :DD: - it's a :DD: !!!!!
Gizzyntaz :DD: - it's a :DD: !!!!!
Tiggerian :DD: - it's a :DD: !!!!!
Tmbabcock :DS: - it's a :DS: !!!!!
Kitty0911 :DS: - it's a :DS: !!!!!
Mummerz :DS:
TTCaPRINCE :DS: - it's a :DS: !!!!!
Funkyfry :DD: - it's a :DD: !!!!!
Precious3 :DD: - it's a :DD: !!!!!
Gurly :DD: - it's a :DD: !!!!!
Northern _Shutterbug :DS: - it's a :DS: !!!!!
Bigwish :DD:

HopefulMonster
August 22nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure yet one way or the other but I think this is a great idea! My first instinct is to say girl but it's extremely early days and I'm honestly not sure if that's just because it's what I want!

Ribenaberry
August 22nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
How about i put :DD: then we can say "changed to :DS: @?? Weeks" if you change your mind?

Xxx

HopefulMonster
August 23rd, 2013, 08:06 AM
Hahaha that's fine as long as it's not classed as cheating! I kind of feel by default it's a girl but it's not a very strong feeling yet. FX we are both right and get what we want!

Ribenaberry
August 23rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
I think you do go through stages of, its a boy, nope its a girl, okay i think its a boy lol. Ive always been right with my initial gut instinct, but with dd2 i switched to boy and was convinced she was even after we'd been told girl at the scan lol.

Xxx

menlc611
August 23rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
I think this is a fun idea! I'm currently in the 2ww and hope to join you ladies soon!

HopefulMonster
August 23rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
I think I'm just waiting for that super sharp clarity I had with my first. I was 100%, stake your life on it certain, I even just "knew" they were going to come early too. Have you had any success with the "ask your other children what the gender will be" old wives tale? I'm scared to ask haha!

Ribenaberry
August 23rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
She just said "a baby si- a baby brother" so i have no idea haha! She wants a brother though, everytime i say it might be a sister, she just says no, i want a brother lol!

Good luck menlc611
Xxx

Gizzyntaz
August 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
I think it is a girl. I try to talk myself out of it so I am not too disappointed with another boy, but the pregnancy is different enough that I think so. My youngest son has already had a dream that it is a boy, and seeing as I had no intuition with either boy, I'm probably way wrong!

Tiggerian
August 23rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Atm I'm getting a girl vibe - but with all of mine it kept switching until about 15 weeks when I just 'knew'. I've had several pretty clear dreams about getting a girl, and usually my dreams are pretty spot on :P

tmbabcock
August 25th, 2013, 01:18 AM
I wanna say boy because of all my swaying but at the same time I don't because I don't want to get my hopes up to be disappointed.

Ribenaberry
August 25th, 2013, 03:55 AM
I know what you mean, i really felt boy at first but the more i think the more i second guess and dont know lol. I dont know why, i just cant envisage 3 girls, not because we would like a boy, because i would genuinelt be happy with another girl, its just a weird feeling i get.

Its strange because i dont want to get my hopes up either!!

Xxx

Kitty0911
August 26th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I'm almost 99.9% sure this one is a boy. I was right on with my other two boys, so this time I'm pretty darn confident :)

Mummerz
September 3rd, 2013, 07:55 AM
I think I'm
Having another boy :-) xx

Bigwish
September 3rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
I hope to join you soon!!

TTCaPRINCE
September 5th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Eekkk!!! I want to say boy so bad but I don't want to get my hopes up. Plus with every person I have ever guessed for I am always wrong .. soo I am worried I'd jinx myself haha. I am preparing for girl so I don't get disappointed! Ohhhh what the heck I swayed as hard as I could so put me down for a :DS:

Funkyfry
September 23rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
I am only 5 weeks so not many symptoms yet to compare with my last pregnancies. I hope girl and with my swaying and my lifestyle being so different with my boys I want to say girl but I just am not too sure. Hopefully in a few weeks when symptoms kick off I can compare and then maybe have a better vibe so I will be back ..........

Ribenaberry
September 23rd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Ive put girl for now, but i can change it later :)

Xxx

Precious3
September 26th, 2013, 12:40 AM
I don't know why (probably just me wanting it so much) but I've caught myself several times thinking as if it was a done deal that I'm expecting a girl. Even before my nub shot (which got all girl guesses but I'm not confident since the spine was in an awkward position). I've been trying to convince myself and say out loud that we still don't know what the sex is, but underneath it all I'm just completely sure it's a Girl since day 1. I would see a mom at the store with 2 boys and a baby girl and I would go "So cute, just like my family make up".... and then "Wait what? I don't know what I'm having yet!"

Very scary since I didn't realize I cared so much and I don't want to feel ungrateful at all if I happen to receive the huge blessing a boy is.

So anyway, write me down for girl, lol.

Me (29) and DH (30)
DS1 - 2010
DS2 - 2012
Expecting #3 (and last!) by March-April 2014

gurly
September 28th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I'm going to say girl because I so want it to be! Trying to stay positive for now. I should find out in a couple of weeks when the cvs results come back

Northern_Shutterbug
September 30th, 2013, 05:03 AM
I felt it was going to be boy and it looks like I'm right :tissue:

Tiggerian
September 30th, 2013, 06:51 AM
I'm now 16+0 weeks and usually at this stage I've had a completely clear (and correct) feeling about the boys - I'm still getting a girl vibe. I did have a bit of a wobble after a scan earlier, but think that was only because baby looked like Noah (which is silly, how can you see who a baby on a 3D scan looks like at that early a stage!? lol - it was a 9 weeks too).

Still not putting my money on it being a girl, but I get the feeling it will be.

Gizzyntaz
September 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM
My sway worked!!!! We are having a little GIRL!!! This pregnancy has been SOOO different, I'm glad I know why! :)

gurly
September 30th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I felt it was going to be boy and it looks like I'm right :tissue:

Do you know for sure?

gurly
September 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Will find out very soon. Aaaaah! CVS test on Friday and I'm getting the early FISH results too so I should know by mid next week

atomic sagebrush
September 30th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I think you do go through stages of, its a boy, nope its a girl, okay i think its a boy lol. Ive always been right with my initial gut instinct, but with dd2 i switched to boy and was convinced she was even after we'd been told girl at the scan lol.

Xxx

this is kinda what I think. Remembering back to the days before GD when I was pg with DS 2, I would flipflop back and forth between thinking, "it's a girl, it's a boy" and I think sometimes when people do that, then the baby comes out and they forget all the times they had the opposite feeling and they're like "i knew all along".

Ribenaberry
September 30th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I currently have no clue. My original instinct was boy, but now i have no feeling either way!! And its another 10 weeks til we find out which feels like FOREVER!!!!

Do you know for sure now ns??

Fingers crossed tiggerian! :D

100% success rate so far!! Congrats gizzyntaz!!!!

Xxxx

onebigwish
October 1st, 2013, 04:42 AM
with ds1 i from the Moment of conception i knew he was a Boy.
ds2 i was thinking ist a Girl but 1 hour before gender scan deep in my heart i knew it was a Boy...

Northern_Shutterbug
October 1st, 2013, 05:07 AM
Do you know for sure?

No, but they were 90% sure.

Tiggerian
October 8th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Mums intuition right here - we're having a girl =D

HopefulMonster
October 30th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I'm impressed that we have a 100% accuracy rate for our mothers intuition so far!

Ribenaberry
December 4th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Still 100% accuracy!! Only 2 left to find out, it really would be amazing if we were all right!

Xxx

Angelone
December 4th, 2013, 02:40 PM
That's amazing 100% I'm scared to put gut feeling in now incase I ruin ur track record lol x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ribenaberry
December 5th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Looks like gut instinct can be right!! It's always worth a go ;)

Xxx

nurse2003
December 5th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Wow so many right. We don't know yet and I've been doing everything I can to convince myself boy including trying to name "him" and totally unsuccessful and caught myself saying "she" to myself the other day when it kicked!!! My Hubby is the same trying to think boy to be prepared for three boys and can't get girl out
Of his head....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Funkyfry
December 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Dp

Funkyfry
December 8th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I am one of the two left to find out ! I still have 6 weeks to go before finding out. I still think girl but I don't know if it's because I desperately want to hear girl!!! Fingers crossed!

Ribenaberry
December 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I didnt realise it was that long hun, but it will be here before you know it!!!! :D

Sending lots and lots of pink dust :)

Xxx

shooly
December 11th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Hiya I'm due May 2nd and I have my scan in the morning my gut instinct is that this is a boy. I have 3 girls and I just knew with all 3 that they were girls but this time I didn't get that feeling. I'm hoping it's not wishful thinking as this is definitely our last. I just hope my mothers intuition is right again 11am can't come quick enough!

Funkyfry
December 11th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Best of luck for tomorrow shooly

shooly
December 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks I have sworn by this site all through this pregnancy and know if I don't hear boy tomorrow I will be able to talk about gd with lots of people feeling the same!

Angelone
December 11th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Good luck shooley :) hope u hear boy x

shooly
December 12th, 2013, 09:45 AM
The results are in and I'm expecting another perfect baby Girl! I guess my intuition was well off and wishful thinking took over. I'm actually ok with it a lot better than I thought I would be. 4 girls for us our family is complete x

Funkyfry
December 12th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Shooly, sorry you didn't heat blue. But congrats on you girl,xx

shooly
December 12th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I guess some things just aren't meant to be! I am just grateful for 4 healthy children when some people are desperate for just one regardless of gender! X

Funkyfry
December 12th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I guess some things just aren't meant to be! I am just grateful for 4 healthy children when some people are desperate for just one regardless of gender! X

Exactly your so right! 4 healthy children is a blessing and is really the main thing at the end of the day x

Angelone
December 12th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Aww sorry u didn't hear blue but to Hav four healthy girls is awesome xx

Quinn31
December 12th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Can I ask an honest question? Are we allowed to just be pissed for a minute that we are not getting our desired gender? Every time dh or I mentions that we wanted a boy this time, people say at least they're healthy. Obviously I want a healthy baby, I think that goes without saying. When people say that to me, I feel like they are chastising me for wanting a boy. It doesn't mean I won't love my daughter but I am grieving (dramatic I know) the son I won't have. Sorry, we just found out yesterday morning so we are still a bit emotional.

Congrats on your baby!

Quinn31
December 12th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I also swore I was having a boy because my pregnancy was so different but it's another sweet baby girl.

shooly
December 12th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I will admit my heart sank a little when I saw those white lines but realised dwelling on it isn't going to get me anywhere. Having a boy is an itch I just can't scratch I was desperate to see what he would look like if we had one but it isn't going to happen. I just can't wait to meet our little pink bundle in May!

shooly
December 12th, 2013, 12:21 PM
It's strange My gender disappointment was a lot worse with dd3 even though I had convinced myself that this baby was a boy. But hey girls can be called Brian and wear blue can't they??? lol

Quinn31
December 12th, 2013, 02:01 PM
How is your husband? Mine is taking it far worse than me. I am starting to think of names and what she will look like and he doesn't want any part of that yet.

shooly
December 12th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I'm really lucky my husband wasn't bothered with any of them! He would of stopped at two but I wanted to try for a boy so along came dd3 and now dd4! I really don't want 5 so I am accepting defeat! He's happy because they are all daddy's girls. Your husband will come round in time how will he resist that beautiful baby girl when she is born? We are just struggling to think of a name for her now! X

Funkyfry
December 21st, 2013, 07:35 AM
Well I was one if the ones to find out and found out this morning it's a girl! So intuition was right

Ribenaberry
December 22nd, 2013, 03:29 AM
Yay congrats hun!!!! :D

Xxx

Angelone
December 22nd, 2013, 05:12 AM
I really thought mine was a girl but Nope it's a boy.. Didn't work for me lol jus wishful thinking x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bigwish
December 22nd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Jumping in here!

Argh, i don't know what to feel! With ds1 and ds2 i was convinced they were girls. I had girl names instantly with no doubt and was struggling for a nice boy name.

This time i'm convinced i'll have my third boy, have a boy name already but breaking my head over a nice girl name (can think of 20 nice one but not THE one). So, i just can't deside what my intuition says! LOL

DH is convinced it's a girl, and he was right with ds1 and ds2. So maybe i just go with him, but i'm scared to do that for 100%.

We'll do a nipt test at ten weeks so will find out gender soon!

Erindickie
December 23rd, 2013, 02:53 AM
Mothers instinct was right for me baby boy on the way , with dd not so much as I had nothing to compare with as this pregance has been so diff to dd so guess that's properly why.

Kerr
January 1st, 2014, 07:48 AM
For me i had always wanted a girl, this is the first time i have been pregnant and instantly i knew 'boy' i never knew why or how i knew, i just did, from day one i was telling my partner that it was a boy. The look of amazement and confusion on his face when it was confirmed on new years eve was priceless.

And i feel pretty amazing now too. Like i have some secret power or something. Haha.

Sent from my GT-S6500