PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Dilemma!!!

odd
August 22nd, 2013, 07:10 PM
I'm one of those individuals who cannot drop weight easily - I've always excercised on and off for 30 to 45 mins max..and that too low to moderate cardio.

For the past week, I've been trying to build my strength to see if I can get to an hour by the time I officially start my TTC journey in Sept.

My dilemma is that, while I can walk for an hour just fine, there's no way I can do intense cardio for an hour everyday.

My question is:

1) Can we break the intense cardio into 2 sessions (like 1/2 hour in the morning and another 1/2 later on or something??

2) If #1 is not the option, can we break it down to something like, 1/2 hour dvd at home and then
1/2 hour of running/brisk walking??

3) OR, can I just walk at a moderate/brisk speed for about 60-90 minutes a day??

I really wanna add excercise into my sway as it's good for my health and the #s are really good as far as girl sways are concerned with excercise.

I hope I made sense - I have an issue with rambling :(
Anyway, I hope someone can help

Rainbow baby
August 22nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
You made sense I am confused with the exercise thing as well and I know I can't do an hour but I guess over the weeks we will get fitter and be able to do the hour, so I plan on just going as hard as I can and hopefully have built up the time before the 6 weeks is up. I am guessing it is different for everybody and the heart rate thing might be at half an hour for an overweight person but a naturally fit person it might take 50 mins for it to go up?? Either way I think the exercise will dramatically help with the weight loss :)

AKMommy
August 24th, 2013, 08:36 PM
1. everything I've read says no, it all has to be together.
2. I have no idea? You mean like some cardio dvd? :)
3. I don't know
4. I don't know, lol.

Sorry, I'm planning on jogging the full hour. Hubby is going to run some days and bike ride on the other days. :) I would say, if you jog/speed walk, as long as you keep your heart rate up (you can google target heart rates for your size), then you should be good. I'm not an expert!

cherryswirl
August 25th, 2013, 04:01 AM
I have a personalised plan and i told atomic all i can manage to fit in is a 45 minute daily brisk walk with my dog. She said that if I could up it to an hour a day (which I have, at a minimum) then I should definitely include it in my sway for TTC girl. I'm following LE diet, i do my walking on an empty stomach, really watch my protein levels and dont eat for an hour after i finish exercising. It really needs to be a continuous hour as opposed to broken up x

stephk
August 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM
How about an aerobics class? If you enjoy the music, it's a full hour of cardio exercise and an hour passes really quickly. Most gyms have classes catering to different ability levels. I mean general aerobics, like dancing, not step or body conditioning. Also if you don't like running, I think it's ok to use a cross trainer on no gradient. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

odd
August 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM
thanks everyone for the suggestions and ideas :) clearly..a lazy route is not the way to go!! I hate pink sway lol

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Walking for an hour is FINE!! Brisk walking is just dandy. All it has to be is intense for YOU. Personally I am not a fan of running for exericise, I think it's too hard on the body and creates problems down the line.

1)No. I think it needs to be 60 consecutive minutes because after about 45 min. yoru body stops burning carbs and starts burning off stores of fat and muscle, and I personally believe it's this that sways in some way.

YOu can also exercise MORE than 60 min if you like and have weight to spare, so if you wanted to do a 60 min. block and a 30 min. block that is fine, as long as there's at least one 60 min block.

2)If it is consecutive, absolutely!! If you're going to stop in the middle and give everyone a snack (and possibly have one yourself) then that doens't count.

3)Yes see above! That's fine.

odd
August 26th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Thanks so much AS - that makes perfect sense! I will continue my walk of 60-70 mins everyday and alternate it with a taebo session or something on days that I cant

atomic sagebrush
August 29th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I think it best to avoid things that involve punching/kicking motions like Taebo because I worry that your body may interpret those motions as "real" and raise testosterone because it thinks you are fighting to stay alive.

odd
August 29th, 2013, 09:55 PM
oh crap...I guess I'll get into an hour of zumba or fitness blender cardio or something :) thanks for all you do

jennibel
August 30th, 2013, 09:43 AM
When I was doing exercise I was more toned than ever, I wasnt eating much protein as was on LE yet had big calf muscles and my stomach was more toned than usual. I stopped losing weight and it also affected my OV and I dont understand why. I was doing it for 10 weeks

Coyleof7
August 30th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Hi - just thought I'd jump on here and tell you my exercise....I do 1hr15mn on Just Dance 4 (the extra 15 min on the timer is for the breaks between songs) on the Wii in the morning before the school run (I get up at 5.45)....and when the kids are at school I use my cross trainer, whilst watching Jeremy Kyle in the afternoon for another hour...Not sure if this helps, just pointing out how I fit in in with 5 kids....lol

odd
August 31st, 2013, 03:15 PM
Oh wow..that's a lotta workout :)

Hi - just thought I'd jump on here and tell you my exercise....I do 1hr15mn on Just Dance 4 (the extra 15 min on the timer is for the breaks between songs) on the Wii in the morning before the school run (I get up at 5.45)....and when the kids are at school I use my cross trainer, whilst watching Jeremy Kyle in the afternoon for another hour...Not sure if this helps, just pointing out how I fit in in with 5 kids....lol

odd
August 31st, 2013, 03:16 PM
I have one more q if Atomic or someone can answer me.

Is it the keeping heartrate up that's imp or is it walking/running/etc..at least an hour no matter what the pace more that's imp?

atomic sagebrush
August 31st, 2013, 05:04 PM
If you exercise, you'll llook more toned. That's fine. The exercise has gotten great results and jennibel I know it was more complicated a situation for you to stop exercising and you of course did the right thing for your circumstances, but for the average person I really don't want anyone to say, oh gee I'm getting some muscle, I'll quit exercise. For right now, it certainly appears that exercise is the way to go for pink. Whereas the whole "muscle mass" idea was just a theory, totally unproven and I would not want anyone turning away from something that has yielded above 90% success rates because they think they're getting more muscle.

Exercise + LE Diet swaying pink - so far seems to be FACT
Muscle mass = boys - theory

Fact > theory

stephk
September 1st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Thank heavens for that as I did a test today which showed I have almost 37% muscle!! Off the charts!! Although I did do weights today so it may have been artificially high. And I'm still losing weight (to be fair I haven't started swaying yet)