PDA

View Full Version : Advice - Failed HT What questions should I ask ?

Pinkthistime
August 25th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Hi girls, can you help as always, I had failed pgd at the **** last month out of 11 eggs only 4 made it after two days leaving me with only 4 for pgd then only 2 boys and 1 girl remainder. I had obviously hoped for at least 3 girls so what should I ask the **** I'm thinking of a second cycle is it normal to get a discount on a second full cycle, if they increased the meds would I have got more eggs, I just can't let the dream of a girl go yet it consumes my every minute of the day.... What should I doooo

nuthinbutpink
August 25th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Well, the good news is there is a lot of things they can change now that they have a cycle to reference.

You can change-
1. Your protocol
2. Your meds
3. Your dosage
4. The amount of times on stims before trigger

The rest is kind of up to your doctors because you can't change the technical part of what they do.

Were you on just menopur? You may respond better to a combo of FHS and LH instead of just taking menopur. Also, they triggered you too early is my best guess. You didn't have that many fertilize and they triggered you really early so that is an easy change. They will be able to see what your e2 was last cycle and the follicle size and know it needs to be greater next time.

So, with those changes, things can be totally different!

Good luck!

Pinkthistime
August 27th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Thanks n.b.p :) I appreciate this