PDA

View Full Version : Still sad

zebaniee
August 26th, 2013, 03:54 AM
I thought I was coming to terms with my gd but today I had a rude awakening that I wasn't. A girl at work told me that after two girls she is finally getting her son. I warmly congratulated her and I am thrilled for her but my heart broke.

She and I seem to live parallel lives, our partners work together, we both have two girls the same age etc and I am so jealous. Why did she get a boy when I didn't?

I was crying about it this afternoon. I think I need to see a counsellor because it is not rational to be this upset.

Some days are good days and others aren't, I really thought I was over this :(

Lh8609
August 26th, 2013, 05:08 AM
So sorry hun, I have 1 girl and just found out I'm expecting number 2. I'm hoping it gets easier as its only been a few days. I feel too ashamed to talk to anyone but am secretly devastated! And have a friend due 2 weeks after me with her first, a boy. Swayed and failed and totally gutted xx

monkeysnuffer
August 28th, 2013, 02:11 PM
I'm sorry. I remember when my neighbor and a friend both had girls at the same time. They both cute dresses, planned girl parties ale while telling me that gender was "no big deal." I was so jealous and still feel the pain when I think about it.

3littleladies
September 8th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Im so sorry you are sad, Ive been where you are at, but I can promise you, you will feel better, now when I look at my girl I cant tell you how special she is, I wouldn't trade her in for 10 boys, you will feel the same.

My desire for a boy is still very much with me and I don't think it will ever leave, but I know Im done & I just had to learn to accept what has been given to me, and be grateful for what I have.

Adia
September 10th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Oh, how I relate! The biggest kick in the gut for me was always a boy after 2 girls because I wanted that so badly and *thought* I was doing Shettles correctly when I got DD3.

I am sorry, I know exactly how you feel and it has taken me YEARS since I had DD3 to not get upset by that sort of thing...I really moved on, now when someone has GGGB it guts me....but I don't get as upset by the GGB thing anymore! Progress....:sigh:

Here's my virtual hug, :hug2:I feel your pain!