PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Girl#4 is on the way

mamato3girls
August 28th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I have three beautiful daughters and today at my 12 week 6 days appointment, tech and I agreed that baby's nub looks awfully girly. I felt immediately deflated. I wanted to be excited and engaged in the rest of the ultrasound but my thoughts swirled around the gender. I want a boy so badly. I grew up with 4 sisters, my mom is one of two girls, I have three girls, 3 neices and only one poor nephew...Im just surrounded by girls! I really want to experience a sweet little boy of my own. I am hoping that somehow this baby ends up being a boy by 18-20 weeks but Im doubtful now. Here's babys nub:

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w587/KJ0513/428576b4-f5b5-42cc-93f4-4a028753a83c_zpsccc0a8c7.jpg (http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/KJ0513/media/428576b4-f5b5-42cc-93f4-4a028753a83c_zpsccc0a8c7.jpg.html)

I know I'll get over it. It just sucks right now.

monkeysnuffer
August 28th, 2013, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry. IF it's any consolation I would kill to have what you have.

mamato3girls
August 28th, 2013, 02:05 PM
:bighug:

Thanks but chances are we just feel the same way because you must have boys!

1+2+3boys
August 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Wow that last US pic is amazing! Wouldn't a girl nub be pointing down looking at that view? Maybe you could post it in the ultrasound forem to ask the 'experts'. I really hope this is your baby boy. I would be feeling the same as you but opposite if my 12 week nub looked boyish. They are not 100% right though so FX

mamato3girls
August 28th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks so much 1+2+3boys. So far I've had all girly guesses. I hope you get your girl!!

1+2+3boys
August 28th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks so much 1+2+3boys. So far I've had all girly guesses. I hope you get your girl!!

Thanks. I just saw your thread. It does look like a girly nub so I guess it would be smart to think it is a girl then if you hear boy at 20 weeks it will be a pleasant surprise. I hope your nub shot can be one of the acceptions of one that looks like one but turns out to be the other because it does happen, I have seen it recently. And may the next couple of months go quickly for you so you can know soon :)

mamato3girls
August 28th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Thank you!! :-) I'm obsessing over here. My hubby doesn't think much of the whole nub theory but it seems pretty accurate to me. Time will tell!

3littleladies
August 28th, 2013, 10:24 PM
You wont know for sure till your 20wk u/s so don't lose all hope!

I also grew up with 3 sisters and I always remember we had the best childhood & my mum always says to me how grateful she was to have girls because we're always visiting mum & dad or each other & if mum feels like going out for coffee or shopping she always has one of her daughters to go with! And this will be the same for us and our girls!! And even my dad he can always count on me to go motorcycling with him & one of my other sisters loves fishing so dad doesn't miss out either.

We learn to adjust and accept what we have been given and one day Im sure you will realise how blessed you are to have girls!

akeh4
October 2nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
Hi I know exactly how your feeling. As everyone had said you will love whatever sex you have been blessed with but it is natural to feel disappointed.
We have just gone through PGD for a girl as we have 3 boys, it was successful and baby is due in a month. We were told at 16 weeks looked like a boy which we didn't believe due to PGD. The at 20 weeks no is a girl. We have had the past 3 months getting ready for the birth of our little girl filling our house with all that's pink only to be told 3 days ago its a boy. As you can imagine it feels like a double edged sword, it feels like a death has happened in the family but of course there is the blessing of a birth approaching. At the moment though I am still grieving .

zebaniee
October 6th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Oh akeh4 I wish that would happen to me! I have found out at I am pregnant with my third girl but am secretly hoping it will grow a penis (even a small one) before t is born!

I am sorry that happened to you and you have had your dream gender taken away from you, sending your hugs xxx.

tiffanyclyne
October 22nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
mamato3girls - I can only imagine what you are going through. My last two have been boys and I want a girl so desperately bad, it's all I think about day and night. I was the EXACT same gestational age and my UT guessed boy from a potty shot. Didn't even LOOK at the angle of the nub. BOO! So now I am going INSANE because I don't know if it's a good guess and I should be preparing for another boy or if I should just leave it at 50/50. I am so sorry that you are going through this terrible gender disappointment. It is such a horrible thing to go through when we are trying so hard to be happy through our pregnancy. My fingers are crossed that nub grows!

desperate4blue
October 22nd, 2013, 05:53 PM
Hi I know exactly how your feeling. As everyone had said you will love whatever sex you have been blessed with but it is natural to feel disappointed.
We have just gone through PGD for a girl as we have 3 boys, it was successful and baby is due in a month. We were told at 16 weeks looked like a boy which we didn't believe due to PGD. The at 20 weeks no is a girl. We have had the past 3 months getting ready for the birth of our little girl filling our house with all that's pink only to be told 3 days ago its a boy. As you can imagine it feels like a double edged sword, it feels like a death has happened in the family but of course there is the blessing of a birth approaching. At the moment though I am still grieving .

Hi
Im sorry im not trying to be nosey but where did you have the pgd done?

3sthecharm
October 30th, 2013, 02:48 PM
My nub pics looked girly too and at 19 weeks found out it was all BOY!

iHeartM
October 30th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I don't put much stock in nub shots...I know someone who had a girl looking nub (the tech even measured the angle) and ended up having a boy. That being said I know how it feels to be disappointed, even at this early stage. I'm 13 weeks and I just have a strong feeling this is a boy...so strong that I'm already mourning not having a girl.