PDA

View Full Version : Anyone did IVF/PGD in Guadalajara, Mexico

Hope4Pink
August 28th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Hi,

I had 2 cycles of IVF+PGD here in US but in the first one all my embryos were boys, in the second only one girl and it didn't worked. I'm thinking about go to Mexico to add microsort to the process to try to increase my number of female embryos. I'm just concerned that I haven't found so far anyone that did it there. So, if you did or know someone that did it could you please share your results?
Thanks!

nuthinbutpink
July 13th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Did you get your girl in mexico?

Hope4Pink
July 14th, 2015, 11:42 AM
No. I went to Mexico in the end of 2013 and didn't have a good experience. Lots of miscommunication, lack of monitoring... I transferred 2 girls and had a BFN. One of the issues I had was regarding the PGD. I insisted I wanted the full chromosome panel on day 5 and they did it on day 3 and instead of PGD did fish, i.e. they checked only few of them. I think this may be one of the reasons of the failure. Despite they said the embryos I transferred were normal it may have had issues in the chromosomes that were not checked.
Overall, I don't recommend going there to have all the process. It's better try to find a clinic here that accepts receiving the sorted sperm from microsort.