PDA

View Full Version : Feeling panicked

gurly
August 29th, 2013, 01:17 AM
I don't know if I really have a right to complain, I did get my dd but I want to have a second so bad. I know if its a boy I'll love him but the idea of having a boy makes me panic. Long story short: I experienced a lot of abuse from men (DH was the only good man in my life) and I have a hard time getting my head around raising a boy. My sister and I stuck together through everything and I want to give my dd a sister so they can be there for each other in the same way.

I should find out in a few more weeks and then I can either be relieved or start trying to get my head around it. In the meantime, the wait is harder than I thought it would be

3littleladies
August 29th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Im so sorry that you had to go through those experiences. I totally understand why you would want another girl but in saying that, it will be just as beautiful if you have a boy, I really think its the way you raise your children makes all the difference in how close they will be when they are older.

Gooluck I really hope you hear Girl!

Becca.lms
August 29th, 2013, 09:14 AM
You need to be the change. You're raising the next generation. If you raise with love and patience, that's what they'll grow up to be.
I've been through a lot of bad stuff too, but those things have nothing to do with the boys I'm raising.
You won't know until you have him, you may wonder why you ever wanted another girl!
And I can't believe you're 7 weeks already!

GimmeaG
August 29th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I'm sorry you had to go through a hard time :( I agree with the others, if its a boy, you can raise that lil man to be the best man he can be. I have a brother and I must say, we are sooo close. I have 2 sisters as well, but we are not as close as my brother and me. Even if he is the younger brother if you have a boy, I bet anything he would protect his sister like he is the older brother. I love that I could always count on my brother to watch out for me and still does...brother /sister bonds can be so strong ;) good luck and congrats!!!

2lovelyboys
August 29th, 2013, 09:39 AM
I also agree with the previous posts. Boys are great, this is the next generation and with your up port, love and guidance then I have no doubt hat he would do you proud. I have 2 younger brothers, we r very close, we were as children and still are 2day!

odd
August 29th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I've been through more crap in life than anyone I know esp. with Men, but I still wished for my firstborn to be a boy because I knew it would be my chance to raise him the 'right' way - whatever that may mean to each individuals.

It's not the boys that are bad, it's the way that are raised that influences their attitude and decisions later in life, and if you happen to be 'blessed' with a boy, it'll be upto you :) and you'll be surprised what a pleasant surprise having a li'l boy is - they're just the sweetest and the most caring li'l guys and so so so much fun :)

kpmum
August 29th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry u have had to go through awful things in ur life. I truly think having a boy would be a great thing for u as it will give u a different perspective on boys/men. It is about the way u raise them and the environment they grow up in. My boys r the most loving, kind and caring little boys who r so protective of me already. I couldn't imagine life without them

gurly
August 30th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks everyone!
I was fine before and during ttc with whatever happens. I decided that I got my girl so I would just deal with having a boy. The point of having a second child was to give dd a sibling because she's always asking for a baby and she needs a playmate and that special lifelong connection.
Sounds sort of cold and practical I guess. There is much more excitement and joy with the thought of it being a girl. I hadn't been thinking about it until I got the first u/s and without expecting it the panic set in and I realized wow, I could actually be having a boy. It all suddenly seemed very real and I don't know what to do with that. It feels so foreign and scary to me.

All I can really do at this point is wonder until I know for sure what I'm carrying.