PDA

View Full Version : My SIL just hit the shit list....

purplepoet20
May 17th, 2011, 12:46 PM
My SIL knows that I would like a girl and knows that we are swaying. I have made 2 dresses for my neice so far. Last weekend I mentioned that if she doesn't put them in a keepsake chest that I may have use for them soon. She looked confused for a second and said "No matter how much you want a girl you are just going to have more boys" "I can see you having 10 boys and still trying for a girl while your boys starve" and it gets so worse... so bad that the Gods are angry...the fires of hell are hotter then ever... my soul is crying...She told my MIL (my BIL is really my MILs step-son, he doesn't treat her like a mom) that she should make a WILL right away leaving her family jewelry and heirlooms to my neice because she will be the only girl. She said it in front of my neice, and it made her ask if she could have the jewelry. My MIL was cool about it because we already have an agreement that my hubby will save them should he have a granddaughter. But the nerve to ask for something that has no family conection or meaning to them.

I am so pissed I could scream :mad: I don't need those type of comments right now I am so close to the start of TTC :hair:

nuthinbutpink
May 17th, 2011, 12:58 PM
She sounds awful. I would have put her in her place!

purplepoet20
May 17th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I was about to cry so I left... my MIL said she cried all the way home which was a 5hr drive, she still doesn't know about the talk I had with my SIL.

When she told me she asked if we are going to try for another baby. I told her I will talk to her son and let her know by her birthday in October or Christmas. I hope to be pregnant and know the gender so I can... make a photo telling her what it is. I was going to be nice and just put pink and purple hearts on it but now I want to be mean and make a card that says something like "grandmas only princess". But then that may hurt my hubby's cousins daughter... my MILs sister passed years and years ago and my MIL is nana to her neices two kids, one girl and one boy.

Liv
May 17th, 2011, 01:48 PM
What an awful thing to say. I am sorry you had to deal with someone so unkind.

Hobbermittens
May 17th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Wow, she sounds like a bitch! I am sorry!! Try to ignore her; she has NO control over what gender your babies are!!

LolaInLove
May 17th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Just try to keep positive within your own heart....you can and will have a girl!!! And give that B a piece of your mind next time. How dare she say that to you and upset your MIL also?

angel in a pink sky
May 17th, 2011, 03:11 PM
She must be jealous of you in other areas of your life if she would be so happy you do not have what you want. I would avoid her at all cost. I find as I get older I have so much less time for people like her and I cut them out as much as I can. Try to see her only when it is mandatory and when you do see her give her the cold shoulder. Protect yourself. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you will have your daughter.

purplepoet20
May 17th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I guess maybe her life does suck... Her and her hubby were married for 8 years and were talking about divorce when surprise she got pregnant. Even after years of saying they didn't want kids. They tried to make the relationship work but recent she made her hubby move into the basement apartment. They are trying to stay in the same house for the kid but it would be better if they moved on. They both ignore their daughter and spend very little time with her, which is why I spoil her because I feel so sorry for her. The only reason why they are still legally married is because they can not afford to sell there homes and business because they are in debt. My SIL has made a comment about wanting a son because they are easier then girls.

So over all... I am happily married, no debt at all, a house, two healthy boys, getting ready to expand my family, and my life is great! I never thought of people being jealous of me. I am always the quiet one who feels like the outcast, even in my own family....

Thanks everyone I feel better... I even went and held some of the little girl outfits I have sitting in my closet!

LolaInLove
May 17th, 2011, 03:50 PM
OMG then yes, Angel is right on the money there. Misery loves company, kwim? Ignore her, Purple, and go make you a little lady. Don't forget that stess sways boy!!! You want to be chill and happy and passive, meaning low testosterone. xo

Yuzu
May 17th, 2011, 08:15 PM
She's a silly b*tch and she's trying to get your goat. Like Angel said, she's undoubtedly seething because she has such a loser life. I'm sorry you had to hear those hurtful things. Don't let then stress you out too much.

Belle
May 18th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Sorry she made you feel this way but you know she sais horrible things because she lacks self esteem. Your better than that and ignore her, you know fake it till you make it. I feel sad reading this because I also have a Sil just like that xo

purplepoet20
May 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I plan to do a lot of relaxing breathing and meditation several times a day for the next month... It normally works for me but I just have to keep myself from day dreaming about a girl :)

rainbowflower
May 18th, 2011, 01:52 PM
what a piece of work she is! you are definitely the better person, try and ignore her (and then prove her wrong!) ;)

mybluepilot
May 18th, 2011, 02:09 PM
She is such a loser idiot , I know how feel I have one of this in my family and she is also a big bitch excuse my language.
Do your best in the sway, and once you get your girl make a big huge card with the u/s pic on it and write GRANDMAS ONLY PRINCESS and we will keep the jewelry

Damn she made me mad I am sorry I am going the same shit with my SIL

purplepoet20
May 18th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I just received an invitation to my MIL's birthday Oct 10... realy early right!!! Well my FIL want to surprise my MIL with a nice family get together. He wants all the grandkids together for a weekend to get a family photo... my family, step-BIL's family, and including the cousin who has the 2 kids. Since they consider themselves as having 5 grandkids it seems like a good idea.

I wonder if it would be mean of me to announce then what we are having, if it is a girl. My hubby ask me to write a poem or a short story about how long his mom had to wait for a girl, but if she reads it outloud would it hurt anyones feelings. Alexa is 8 years old and she may know that nana is not her grandma but would it hurt her if I say "Grandma's prayers have been answered". PS... I don't care if it affends my SIL and my neice is to young to understand it.

Brighter
May 19th, 2011, 02:27 AM
How many boys have you got purplepoet20? Your SIL sounds like she might be jealous of your little boys herself? However, what an awful thing to say.... I am speechless..... I think you have every chance of a girl next time, I really hope you get one!!!! (revenge is sweet)

mitz0315
May 19th, 2011, 04:27 PM
my SIL (married DH brother) made that comment long ago before DH and I got married. I had steam coming out of my ears! Don't worry about it. shes miserable, same case with my SIL.

purplepoet20
May 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM
How many boys have you got purplepoet20? Your SIL sounds like she might be jealous of your little boys herself? However, what an awful thing to say.... I am speechless..... I think you have every chance of a girl next time, I really hope you get one!!!! (revenge is sweet)

Just noticed I have no signature anymore.... I have 2 crystal blue eyed flirts, conceived DS1 1mth after my neice was born he is grandmas boy. DS2 is 15mths old and he loves anyone who lets him run wild.

TTC5
May 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
What a nasty person she sounds like!!