PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy of aCGH for genderselection?

Petitepuce
September 2nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Dear Dr Potter,

I have read somewhere on the forum that even done on day 5, aCGH is not totally accurate for gender selection. You apparently have had another test to insure the gender.
Is it true? Why other clinics use aCGH to determine gender if it is only 97% accurate?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
PP

Girlfriend
September 12th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Good question :-) what method does Dr Potter use ?

Dr. Potter
October 10th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Dear Dr Potter,

I have read somewhere on the forum that even done on day 5, aCGH is not totally accurate for gender selection. You apparently have had another test to insure the gender.
Is it true? Why other clinics use aCGH to determine gender if it is only 97% accurate?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
PPFor technical reasons, aCGH alone is very very good for gender but not perfect. THere have been gender opposites with members of this forum in fact. It does not happen often but if gender is the entire reason for doing IVF it is worth using what I use, GenderSure. GenderSure adds additional steps to aCGH that makes it >99.99999 certain for gender while still looking at all 24 chromosomes. GenderSure is performed exclusively by IVIGen. IVIGen has labs in Los Angeles and Miami and services the entire US. IVIGen's parent company is IVI, the largest IVF practice in the world, based in Valencia, Spain. THe test will be launched for wide commercial availability next week during the American Society for Reproductive Medicine annual meeting in Boston. I have been using it exclusively until now but your doctor will have access to this starting next week.