PDA

View Full Version : DG and the crazy worrying...

hotdogz&boyz
September 3rd, 2013, 11:47 PM
I feel insane. My beautiful (and demanding) daughter is here. She has been here for almost four months. And all.i.do is worry something is wrong, something will go wrong, etc, etc. I WAS like this with my boys too. I am a worrier, and an unmediated OCD sufferer (I am only unmediated til I can't deal on my own/with therapy because I have to stop bed-sharing and nursing when I go back on my meds). So it's not like it's limited to her. But it's worse. I have all but convinced myself she has Tay-Sachs Disease and will be snatched away (that is my OCD, I combat that actively). I freak out about the possibilities of something happening to her. I just had to get that out. Because I know ladies on here suffer with it as well and won't think I am totally whacked out. But my question would be...does that fade with time? (To those who have older DGs)

monkeysnuffer
September 4th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Funny you should mention this. I have OCD hard core too and I am 20 weeks pregnant. I keep thinking I am going to miscarry, I can't feel the baby etc...

I know how hard OCD can be. Just keep telling yourself she's here and she's perfect and enjoy her! COngrats

seven gorgeous babies
September 4th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Hi

My girls are 15 months old. When they were born I was convinced there was something wrong with them. I constantly checked there eyes, head, fingers, toes etc.
Then when they started smiling, sitting, moving I questioned everything.

I think because we know how much we wanted them and the journey we went on to achieve it that it made us so protective?

I'm alot better now although still can get panicky and worried at times.
I think hormones play a big part especially as I had twins so double hormones rattling around xx

Mrs_P
September 4th, 2013, 07:10 PM
i really hope it does get easier with time as i feel so scared i will loose my daughter, i was like it with boys too but its worse with her. not very helpful i know but your not alone x

mommymachine
September 4th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Yes it gets better with time (DD is 20 months old today). I am also hoping that once DD2 gets here my worrying will get even better. I still view a daughter as such a rarity. Hopefully having two might "fix" that.

Edited to say: I'm very religious and I pray for my children's safety and well being all.the.time.