PDA

View Full Version : New and French

flora1974
May 18th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Hi everybody,
I have been reading you for a few days.
I live in France, I have 3 little boys and dream of a little girl.
After having read a lot about PGD we decided that US is definitely the best option, as the success rates are much better than closer places...

I have several questions and would be very grateful if you could help!
- We're thinking about NYC instead of California because of the distance (and because our 1st son was conceived & born there, it would be great if another of our kids was!....). Do you think the success rates are better in CA than NY? Which clinic in NY would you recommend?
- I read some articles in french newspapers about Dr Steinberg (Fertility Institutes), but don't see anything about him on english-speaking forums, have you heard about him and what do you think?
- Do some of you combine microsort & PGD?
- for european: how do you manage doing sonograms & buying medicine in your country, since it is illegal?

THANKS!!!!!!!

nuthinbutpink
May 18th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Hi there and welcome. You can check www.SART.org for success rates here in the States. I would definitely consider NY for less travel. There are some great REs there.

Hopefully some of the International cyclers will see this. Most of our current cyclers post in the Dream Member HT section. About a dozen cycling now and in June. It would help to read about their journeys I think.

Good luck!

flora1974
May 18th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Hi Nuthinbutpink!

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I have a stupid question: where is the Dream Member HT section, i don't see it? And how to become a "dream member"? (I clicked on "become a dream member" above and followed all the instructions but I only became a "dream newbie" :), and nowhere it was proposed to pay to access private forums.....)
Help!

Thanks again

nuthinbutpink
May 18th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Not stupid. It's right below the public forum. The private forums ate member forums. You must become a Dream Member to see or post in them.

We have Ask the Doc, Inside the Lab with Carole who ran an IVF lab for 15 years that you may also post questions for.

No matter where you choose to post, we shall respond. Just want to let you know where we are.

flora1974
May 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks nuthinbutpink!!
That's it, i am a dream member! I've got a lot to read now, on the private forum..... I might have plenty of questions afterwards....

Thanks again!!

nuthinbutpink
May 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Welcome! Enjoy!