PDA

View Full Version : Still cramping on both sides.

TTCaPRINCE
September 5th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone else is feeling this. I have mostly been cramping on my left side. But occasionally I will get a very noticeable cramp on my right side. I know Atomic told me that both of your tubes contract to get the egg down. But since implantation has already happened why would I still be feeling random cramping on my right side? I mean overall my cramping on my left side has pretty much subsided .. I am just hoping I don't have two buns baking! :worry:

Ribenaberry
September 5th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Ive had bad cramping on both sides, it could be the corpus luteum (if i got that right lol!) causing the cramps as its basically a big cyst, so you never know!

Xxx

Wanting-a-girl
September 5th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I was ridiculously crampy at the beginning of ds4 preg for weeks! It felt like I was going to get the worst period ever!

tmbabcock
September 5th, 2013, 05:18 PM
I am 7 weeks tomorrow. I got my BFP at 3 weeks 3 days (9dpo) and still had mild cramping till the beginning/middle of last week. Congrats on your BFP!

atomic sagebrush
September 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM
because a massive amount of blood is now flowing to your uterus and it is undergoing dramatic changes. One of the effects of all this is to cause discomfort/cramping and you may not have noticed this the first time (I didn't either). It all depends on where you have more nerve endings and the basic layout of your body, no one is perfectly symmetrical and so things are a little to one side or the other just randomly and you may feel it more on one side. Next week it may be different and you feel it more on the other side. Different things grow and stretch at different rates.

If your uterus was sensitive enough to tell things like where your baby had implanted and whether or not you were carrying twins, pregnancy and childbirth would be so unbelievably painful that you couldn't even bear it.

TTCaPRINCE
September 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM
because a massive amount of blood is now flowing to your uterus and it is undergoing dramatic changes. One of the effects of all this is to cause discomfort/cramping and you may not have noticed this the first time (I didn't either). It all depends on where you have more nerve endings and the basic layout of your body, no one is perfectly symmetrical and so things are a little to one side or the other just randomly and you may feel it more on one side. Next week it may be different and you feel it more on the other side. Different things grow and stretch at different rates.

If your uterus was sensitive enough to tell things like where your baby had implanted and whether or not you were carrying twins, pregnancy and childbirth would be so unbelievably painful that you couldn't even bear it.

Makes sense! Thanks for the facts! :) I am relieved!

TTCaPRINCE
September 5th, 2013, 08:07 PM
I am 7 weeks tomorrow. I got my BFP at 3 weeks 3 days (9dpo) and still had mild cramping till the beginning/middle of last week. Congrats on your BFP!

Well so far I feel amazing minus the sinus meltdown and the cramping. And the cramping is totally bearable .. I am just not used to this. With DD I didn't notice anything .. then again I didn't even know I was pregnant until I was like 8 weeks along .. thanks for letting me know that this could be lasting for a while so I am not freaking out a few weeks from now!!!

TTCaPRINCE
September 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I was ridiculously crampy at the beginning of ds4 preg for weeks! It felt like I was going to get the worst period ever!

That is what I feel like! Every time I go to the bathroom I am nervous I will see blood just because the cramping is so much like period cramps!!

TTCaPRINCE
September 5th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Ive had bad cramping on both sides, it could be the corpus luteum (if i got that right lol!) causing the cramps as its basically a big cyst, so you never know!

Xxx

Thanks!! :) How many weeks are you now?

Ribenaberry
September 6th, 2013, 02:27 PM
7 today :) its gone quite fast, but people are already guessing!! Fingers crossed most people are too polite to say anything til i come clean officially lol

Xxx

4 blues~hopingforpink~
September 10th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I am having a similar feeling although mine feels like ovulation pain on and off. Its on my left side... I cant help to think its a ectopic! First appt is tomorrow.. Can't come quick enough!

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2013, 12:03 PM
That is what I feel like! Every time I go to the bathroom I am nervous I will see blood just because the cramping is so much like period cramps!!

with DD I expected that every time I went to the bathroom for the whole 10 months. I just KNEW the pg wasn't going to work out.

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2013, 12:05 PM
I am having a similar feeling although mine feels like ovulation pain on and off. Its on my left side... I cant help to think its a ectopic! First appt is tomorrow.. Can't come quick enough!

So many people think that but generally if it's an ectopic, you will know somethign is very wrong!

HopefulMonster
September 11th, 2013, 02:24 PM
If it reassures you at all my friend actually suffered an ectopic and she said there was no mistaking it. She said the pain was insane, unbearable. Worse than labour, like red hot pokers stabbing her in her side, so bad she honestly thought she was dying.

Bigwish
September 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I'm now 6dpo and from1 dpo i have this cramping.... It's not constantly there but certainly half of the day. Can't remember having this with my boys except around implantation at 5 dpo.

Very curious whether i'm pregnant!