PDA

View Full Version : Gwen Stefani pregnant

Adia
September 6th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I heard on the radio that Gwen Stefani is pregnant. I know she had a miscarriage a few years ago.
I think she is a super classy lady.

She's almost 44 so I bet she did PGD for a girl, good for her, I hope she get her girl!

She is true to herself and I have heard her speak out about the problems of body image in Hollywood etc.

Charlee
September 7th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I love Gwen Stefani too!

And if I had her money and resources, you bet I would do IVF with PGD!! I wish her all the best )

1+2+3boys
September 8th, 2013, 04:12 AM
I'd love to see how she would dress a little girl :)

3littleladies
September 8th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Wow, hope she has a little girl, I can imagine how cute she'd dress her! Her boys are always dressed funky!

missmegrn
January 17th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Just read she is having her 3rd boy. From her comment she made it sounded like she wanted and was ready for a girl. I'm sure her son will be handsome as she is gorgeous and her husband is very good looking too.

Rosie85
January 18th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I've always wondered why more celebrities don't do the pgd. they have the money to do so.....

hotdogz&boyz
January 19th, 2014, 09:58 AM
^^I truly wonder how many know its an option. Then on top of that, how many are "afraid" it would come out and be something people would judge them for.

I had no idea what PGD was until I was on this website. And I had seen an RE for clotting issues and seen in their pamphlet "We don't do gender selection here" and still had no idea what that meant. I figured sperm spinning or something, since I had heard someone refer to that before. But when I came on this website, I realized it was a real thing. I mean the info is out there, if you really want it. But for celebs who get preggo easily, they might have no idea it's a thing. Unless they are scouting around on gender disappointment websites (they might be), they might not realize it is something they can actually do.

But her boys are super-cute and have the coolest style, so I can't wait to see another :)

I think too, they might figure, like many of us, that they will get that opposite.

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2014, 11:24 AM
They very well may have tried and not succeeded at HT - she is 44 and her odds would not be that high unfortunately. At least some of the older celebs who do HT successfully, I believe are using donor eggs and maybe they did not want to go that route.

lisvna
January 19th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Atomic do you think its a natural pregnancy? I was wondering about that.....I thought she have done ivf donor cycle and then I asked myself why not PGD then.....

Waiting4Daisy
January 19th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I heard someone say it was a surprise pregnancy so I would assume natural.

hotdogz&boyz
January 19th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Whew. She must be one fertile mama to conceive by surprise at 44. I read somewhere that statistically, at that point, you have about a 2% chance of getting pregnant with your own eggs. With a 50% miscarriage rate. I truthfully had no idea she was that 'old' (Xcuse my use of that term) until she announced the pregnancy. I did assume she had some type of help, although I don't know enough about fertility treatments to know what they could do to help an age factor (besides donor eggs).

maria02
January 19th, 2014, 11:31 PM
I've had a friend recently have a baby at 43, so I can believe 44 is rare but possible! I believe it's much easier to do so if you've had previous pregnancies than if you're a first time mamma :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckyfourleafclover
January 20th, 2014, 04:43 AM
…and Halle Berry just had a 'surprise' baby at that age too...

ever hopeful
January 20th, 2014, 04:59 AM
I had DS3 at 43, DS2 at 41 and DS1 at 38, all conceived easily and naturally, so it can definitely happen without help. I also got pg at Genesis first attempt at HT at 44, but sadly ended in m/c at 9 weeks. My ob sees a lot of older Mothers, who've conceived without issues, and he even joked about me having number 5 last week.....xx

missmegrn
January 20th, 2014, 01:15 PM
My guess is that this is a surprise pregnancy. I know from what I have read online, that a few years ago it they had wanted another child and it just didn't happen or she had a m/c..not quite sure. Also I believe right before the news broke that she was pg, it was being speculated that Gavin (her dh) had possibly cheated on her and there have been multiple pics of them coming out of a counselors office I think. I am a total celeb gossip junkie at times, and I know not all gossip is true, so I usually don't comment on it, even though at times its fun to speculate.

As far as celebs using pgd, I am sure that they may not know it exists or there is a stigma slightly attached to "choosing the sex of your baby." I am sure that if it came out that pgd was used, it might get some negative responses that we have all heard, when we discuss it with others who may not agree.

I was hoping she would get her girl, as I know how tough it is on all of us who desire a certain gender. I know in Hollywood you see a few families with same sex kids, but mostly its a mix at some point especially with two kids.

luckyfourleafclover
January 20th, 2014, 01:27 PM
…so, just for fun…what's your opinion on SJP's twin girls?…or J-Lo and Mariah Carey who got b/g twins?

did they all do IVF/PGD?

luckyfourleafclover
January 20th, 2014, 01:27 PM
ooooo…and Victoria Beckham of course!?

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2014, 01:32 PM
…so, just for fun…what's your opinion on SJP's twin girls?…or J-Lo and Mariah Carey who got b/g twins?

did they all do IVF/PGD?

Yes I am quite sure they all did as did Halle. Obviously SJP because she used a surrogate. Kelly Preston as well. Most if not all were donor eggs. I wish they would just be upfront about it because I think they give a lot of people false hope about their odds of conception.

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2014, 01:35 PM
I had DS3 at 43, DS2 at 41 and DS1 at 38, all conceived easily and naturally, so it can definitely happen without help. I also got pg at Genesis first attempt at HT at 44, but sadly ended in m/c at 9 weeks. My ob sees a lot of older Mothers, who've conceived without issues, and he even joked about me having number 5 last week.....xx

Here is the thing tho and you guys know I am an old lady myself - the odds drop like a STONE after 40. Between 40 and 44, let alone 46 and 48 like Halle Berry and Kelly Preston - 99.99% of people cannot get pg with their own eggs at that age. So I really just want to say clearly that PLEASE gals do not postpone having babies because most of these people having successful pregnancies had a lot of help doing so and probably were not even using their own eggs.

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Whew. She must be one fertile mama to conceive by surprise at 44. I read somewhere that statistically, at that point, you have about a 2% chance of getting pregnant with your own eggs. With a 50% miscarriage rate. I truthfully had no idea she was that 'old' (Xcuse my use of that term) until she announced the pregnancy. I did assume she had some type of help, although I don't know enough about fertility treatments to know what they could do to help an age factor (besides donor eggs).

Just to clarify it is 2% in any given MONTH and not 2% overall - so in each month that goes by, 2 out of 100 ladies trying will get pg at that age. since most of us try longer than 1 month, by the time a year goes by, if they all tried every month, something like 1/3 will get pg and then half of those will be lost. So not cheery odds for sure but not quite as low as it seems at first glance.

Compare to someone in 30's where 20 out of 100 get pg every month and 85% are pregnant in a year and much lower odds of miscarriage

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2014, 01:43 PM
ooooo…and Victoria Beckham of course!?

I am not as sure on her because she may have done Clomid. She claimed to have PCOS and was going to a fertility clinic so I don't count it out, and of course there was some speculation that they moved to LA only because GS was legal here (but all that seems a bit silly to me)

ever hopeful
January 20th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Atomic, I totally hear what you are saying and where you are coming from with this and without a doubt if I had started sooner, am sure I would not have had to do a tandem cycle at 45 to try and get my DD. With me, I believe that two years would certainly have made a difference and if I'd tried PDG under 40 there would have been a huge difference in response (although you never really know....).

However, and I do think this is important, whilst I wouldn't advocate anyone hanging around for the sake of it, I know quite a few people IRW who have had babies naturally and easily like me in their early 40's, so I think it's right that people know that it can certainly happen without help, and the doors not completely closed. As I said, my Ob also comes across a lot of women that have conceived naturally in their 40's. Obviously the odds are significantly reduced and if you do experience probs, the chances of IVF then working with your own eggs are then pretty slim.

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2014, 02:08 PM
:agree: but I just want people to understand there is a huge diff. between 41-42 and 44. :) I don't want people to look at you or me getting preggo easily at 41 and then saying, well that must mean 44 is equally easy, becasue it isn't.

Houseofblue
January 20th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Atomic is right...from all the studies on fertility I have read, there is a sharp drop-off at 43 for some reason.
Wow can't believe Gwen Stefani is having a 3rd DS...for some reason I always think celebs will secretly do PGD or something. Just seems like there has been a lot of b/g twins in Hollywood, right? As for SJP, she was very vocal about having a girl, before she used a surrogate. I know she had a m/c after her son. Her girls look just like her though so I doubt she used donor eggs.
I always assumed V Beckham did PGD too since she was also vocal about wanting a girl for many years?

hotdogz&boyz
January 20th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Just to clarify it is 2% in any given MONTH and not 2% overall - so in each month that goes by, 2 out of 100 ladies trying will get pg at that age. since most of us try longer than 1 month, by the time a year goes by, if they all tried every month, something like 1/3 will get pg and then half of those will be lost. So not cheery odds for sure but not quite as low as it seems at first glance.

Compare to someone in 30's where 20 out of 100 get pg every month and 85% are pregnant in a year and much lower odds of miscarriage

Thanks for clarifying that for me, I should have worded that better :)

I do know it happens, just a much rarer event. My aunt and uncle got pregnant with their daughter at 43, right when they had given up trying. But it does seem like fertility takes a nosedive at that point.

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2014, 01:19 PM
I ~personally~ think SJP used one of her siblings of which she has several

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2014, 01:21 PM
Victoria Beckham claimed she was going to a fertility clinic for PCOS, which if true could have meant diet, metformin, and Clomid, all of which could sway pink as well. I do think she prob. did PGD. And I'm happy for everyone who gets their DG, I just wish that they'd use that "bully pulpit" a bit to help out the rest of us peons who get raked over the coals for having gender pref. or using PGD for family balancing.

Adia
January 23rd, 2014, 05:50 PM
I think way more celebrities use PGD/IVF than admit it. I HIGHLY doubt Halle Berry got a boy naturally at 46! Or Kelly Preston, etc...too many b/g twins in Hollywood for me not to think PGD.
I could have sworn Gwen Stefani used PGD to get that girl she has hoped for!!

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Laura Linney just had a baby at 49 and while I'd love to say "oh she seems like such a boy mom" she almost certainly used donor eggs Laura Linney Had Her First Baby at 49 After Keeping Entire Pregnancy a Secret | The Stir (http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/167064/laura_linney_had_her_first)