PDA

View Full Version : Could she be wrong at 17 weeks? (please answer)

missingsomeone
September 7th, 2013, 12:24 PM
I am not sure where to post this, but I thought I would get the most responses here.

So here it goes. I have the strongest feeling about this child being a girl out of all my others. Seriously never felt this way before. So when I went to my last u/s I was confused. I saw something sticking out that could be a penis, but the part that I didn't understand was that it looked very different from my other boys. Now I am not sure if it is because it was still too early to show a scrotum but we weren't all that close to see much else like lines. When she went digging for the shot it really seemed that she had to come up weirdly from under the bum. I wish I had a potty shot or a side view, but I was in so much shock I forgot to ask.

So with this being said could the tech be wrong? And really how often are they wrong at this stage in the game?

XXPlease
September 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
At 17 weeks it should be clear for the tech either way I would just assume they were correct because chances are they are I was so sure my second son was a girl we I went to my ultrasound I was just going for conformation of what I already knew or so I thought but there is absolutely no doubt he is a boy sometimes our instincts are just wrong this time around I refuse to let myself feel any type of "instinct" because if I think girl I know its just because that's what I really want and if I think boy it will be me having a dooms day attitude I'm sorry you didn't hear what you wanted to hear but congratulations on your baby boy!!!!!!!

missingsomeone
September 7th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Well here is the only pic I have of my LO at the 17week scan. Does it look like a boy to you?

Lana Webb
September 11th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Hey I'm guessing boy. X

3littleladies
September 14th, 2013, 11:48 PM
I thought I saw another pic which made me think girl for you, but in that pic I have to say Boy!
Very cute baby by the way!

missingsomeone
September 24th, 2013, 08:38 PM
We had it confirmed a boy and this time I could see his scrotum. No mistaking that!!