PDA

View Full Version : Postpartum bleeding?

Wanting-a-girl
September 10th, 2013, 02:58 PM
So I need some real advice as running to the drs on the drop of a dime isn't easy so I only want to be seen if I absolutley have to... I have never had any postpartum problems with any of my first three boys... But baby number four has made life rough since the beginning of pregnancy and has dragged me into postpartum hell... I had a suspected pulmonary embolism and was on meds for three days and the next test showed nothing so I don't know what happend or if I actually had one as drs are assholes and don't explain things lol

Anyways so I was on thinners and such from Sunday the 1st til Tuesday the 3rd

I stopped bleeding at day five postpartum today I am 14 days post partum... I did literally 10 sit ups and 10 lunges this morning I'm impatient to get back in shape... So I started bleeding heavy... I soaked through a pad in prob less than 10 mins twice... Felt like it was pourin out and then I went to the bathroom and passed a clot the size of a tennis ball... It's been about sixty mins and the bleeding has slowed dramatically down I havnt nearly soaked a pad... Is this maybe from me trying to exercise too soon?

nuthinbutpink
September 10th, 2013, 03:01 PM
100% yes. That's why they tell you to take it easy! You have to give yourself time. 6 weeks is generally what they recommend.

mommymachine
September 10th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I'm amazed you stopped bleeding at 5 days PP. I go for 3 weeks usually. So bleeding at 14 days is normal but I don't think that much bleeding is normal. I don't know if its from the excersise but I would advice you to take it easy for the next week.

nuthinbutpink
September 10th, 2013, 03:08 PM
You can mess up your abs doing sit ups that early. You'll end up with a diastasis. You've got plenty of time to get in shape.

Wanting-a-girl
September 10th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I will def be waiting til six week . I dont need anymore complications

Thanks

dloui128
September 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Yes I would wait until at least 6 weeks to exercise. I noticed that after I had the baby if I did too much like walking about are basements steps and then to the 2nd floor with the baskets of laundry and cleaning and lifting stuff up I would start to bleed real heavy. As soon as I would lay down for a little bit I noticed it would let up a little, so I learned my lesson and just waited until the 6 week mark. I don't think it helps either that you are on blood thinners, it is going to make you bleed even more.

SoulSister
September 11th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Hope you are feeling well, I would go and get checked out to be on the safe side.

Wanting-a-girl
September 11th, 2013, 08:08 PM
im back to very light spotting since last night... so im sure it was me doing too much :S lesson learned!!!