PDA

View Full Version : Newbie who needs help

baruff80
September 10th, 2013, 11:44 PM
:ttc:
So here is what I have been doing to past few weeks, eating a ton of dairy, taking daily calcium / mag supplements, cranberry pills, folic acid. Trying to limit salt and high potassium foods, no alcohol, no red meat. Trying to eat an "acid diet" and LE as best as possible. Skipping breakfast most mornings and have lost a few pounds.

My CM was a solid 4 when a first tested it after taking the cranberry for a couple of weeks. I tested DH's and it was a 9, GASP!! So I freaked out and used Replense the night before our first attempt which was yesterday afternoon. Then late (like midnight) I put another half a dose in because I started to get EWCM. 5am this morning I got a positive OPK, so we didn't DTD today bc I thought I would have a good 2-3 day cut off. But now I'm worried I won't get pregnant at all and I'm not so sure timinig matters, so should we DTD again tomorrow on O day? I just rechecked my CM PH and it's still a 4 and there is a little EWCM still. DH is drinking the crap out of crystal light and taking cranberry but it seems to have no effect on his PH. When we DTD yesterday we did it missionary style, no O for me, and I got up after 5 minutes, so a slow jump but no real dump. Using lavender lotion all the time, ion bracelet, lots of time outside. Doing my best....really really want a daughter. We have one amazing son, but my husband only wants 2 kids and despite how much he too wants a daughter, he isn't willing to go HT.

Thoughts? Should I DTD tomorrow on O day or try for 0+12? If I don't get pregnant this month should I ask my DR. for Clomid (I'm pretty sure he'd give it to me).

Thanks!!!!

baruff80
September 11th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Any help ladies?! I am doubting my attempt and need advice. Thanks!!!

glowlight
September 11th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Why do you need clomid? It's only your first attempt and it can take up to a year for a healthy couple to cenceive. Timing of bd is not that important. Good luck.

baruff80
September 11th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Well supposedly I have decreased fertility. Dr. said I have no eggs left in one of my ovaries and my FSH levels are slightly elevated for my age (33). BUT I did get pregnant on my first try with my son. This is my 2nd month TTC for a girl (but didn't do the full sway last month like I did this month). I just thought Clomid might help sway girl!! Does it?

glowlight
September 11th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Well supposedly I have decreased fertility. Dr. said I have no eggs left in one of my ovaries and my FSH levels are slightly elevated for my age (33). BUT I did get pregnant on my first try with my son. This is my 2nd month TTC for a girl (but didn't do the full sway last month like I did this month). I just thought Clomid might help sway girl!! Does it?

oh ok! I think clomid can sway girl although irl my friends who were on clomid (sample size 2 so not a big one) had boys. That's a hard one. Maybe atomic can give her opinion. It's a fine balance between reducing fertility and getting pregnant at all. That's why I ended up not obsessing about having a perfect sway and not get pregnant for ages but then will I regret it if I get an opposite? Go with your gut feeling and do the best you can. Is HT absolutely out of the question for your DH given your fertility results? I'd go HT if it was legal where I live. Hope you get a BFP soon!

pinkdreamer
September 12th, 2013, 01:54 PM
You definitely have to do what you feel most comfortable with and what you would regret least. One attempt has got the best odds of pink on the spreadsheet. There is also a column on the spreadsheet for outcomes of sways using clomid so that you can compare success rates, along with all other things that sway pink. I found it invaluable when swaying to see what were the best things to include. You can find it in the 'trying to conceive a girl' section of the forum x

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I replied to this a few days ago but unfortunately my post was lost, I'm so sorry. :(

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Ok I will try to reconstruct my post a bit.

I do want to let you know that when people have tried to mix and match the "acid" and mineral diets with LE, it has made a diet that was very very tough to stick to. I personally think it's best to do one or the other without trying to combine them; however I do have an old thread from back when we were trying to do that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/761-diet-suggestions-ttc-pink.html

I have the case against timing here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

and the case against pH here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html

If your pH is 4, your DH's pH probably needs to be a little higher just so you can conceive. pH below 6 has been shown in studies to make no motile sperm in the cervix. No X, no Y. It's not good to have superlow pH, all that will happen is that you don't get pg.

I think O+12 is worthless for getting pregnant most of the time, so when considering another attempt I would have it no later than O day. But, we have been having best results with one attempt. So my thinking is that we need to stick with one attempt and drop the timing jazz which doesn't even do anything anyway, and make sure you do that attempt so you are in with a chance of conception. That means, no long cutoffs and no O+12, because both of those things are recipes for BFN. Have your attempt in the fertile microwindow of O-2, o-1, and O day (early, not late) for best odds of conception. Most of us have been doing O-1.

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Why do you need clomid? It's only your first attempt and it can take up to a year for a healthy couple to cenceive. Timing of bd is not that important. Good luck.

I think Clomid sways pink and anyone like the original poster who can get it legitimately, should consider including it in their sway plan.

Most fully fertile people doing nothing to sway will get BFP in 3-6 months. i don't want anyone going years without conceiving, if you guys don't get pg you have NO chance of your DD so if you aren't getting pg, we need to start dropping tactics.

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2013, 02:36 PM
oh ok! I think clomid can sway girl although irl my friends who were on clomid (sample size 2 so not a big one) had boys. That's a hard one. Maybe atomic can give her opinion. It's a fine balance between reducing fertility and getting pregnant at all. That's why I ended up not obsessing about having a perfect sway and not get pregnant for ages but then will I regret it if I get an opposite? Go with your gut feeling and do the best you can. Is HT absolutely out of the question for your DH given your fertility results? I'd go HT if it was legal where I live. Hope you get a BFP soon!

Clomid DOES sway pink and has been shown to do so in scientific studies. It's no magic bullet of course and so there are women who do get boys while taking it. But it's among the best pink sway tactics.