PDA

View Full Version : 22 weeks, 4 days...Movement?

monkeysnuffer
September 18th, 2013, 03:30 PM
What do anyone of you ladies who are due in January feel around now? This baby seems a lot less active than my son but I know all babies are different. I went to my doctor's yesterday and she is fine but just looking for some experiences.

Thanks!

Waiting4Daisy
September 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Deleted.

Kitty0911
September 18th, 2013, 04:05 PM
With my first I had to use a Doppler to ease my mind because he didn't move very much (even after eating or drinking). With my second he was extremely active and I never had to use my Doppler to check on him. As soon as I'd worry, he'd kick me and let me know all was well. I think it all depends on the baby. :)

monkeysnuffer
September 18th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks ladies. Kitty, I thought of using a doppler, too. I think I could get addicted to hearing baby's heartbeat LOL

Are those your sons in the pic? THey are so cute.

Lashes85
September 19th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Im 18+4 with my 5th baby and im yet to feel movement :(
I felt it so much earlier with the boys. Starting to worry now. Xx

Kitty0911
September 19th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Thank you monkey!

Lashes- I have heard if the placenta is anterior it will take longer to feel baby. With me the placenta is anterior with this baby and we can't even get a heartbeat on the Doppler because the whooshing of the placenta is in the way.

Lashes85
September 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Would they have picked that up at my 12 week scan? They never said anything about my placenta. I also had a scan at 13+3 due to bleeding and a private gender scan at 16 weeks. My next scan is monday, I just hope everything is ok. Im so worried xx

Lashes85
September 19th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Also I haven't heard baby's heart beat yet. My midwife doesn't check it till 27 weeks which I find strange. I seen her at 16 weeks, next visit isn't till 27 weeks then 34 weeks. Not sure what the point of her is :-/ x

monkeysnuffer
September 20th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Also I haven't heard baby's heart beat yet. My midwife doesn't check it till 27 weeks which I find strange. I seen her at 16 weeks, next visit isn't till 27 weeks then 34 weeks. Not sure what the point of her is :-/ x

It is odd she doesn't check till 27 weeks. That would drive me crazy. I didn't feel alot at 18 either. But when I had my scan at 19.4, the tech said she was very active and was moving alot so I wouldn't worry if I were you. I know it's easier said than done though!