PDA

View Full Version : Live in or live out nanny

mybluepilot
May 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Ok ladies I need your advice here:)
I just got a job offer and it's a full time position 8-5 for the training and then regular scheduel is 12:30 pm till 9:00 pm so it's a crazy scheduel as you could see plus a Saturday or two a month
On the other hand my hubby has even more unusual one 4pm till 2am for a month and then 7pm till 7 am for 3 mons then rotating so it's HECTIC
Don't want the girls to be influenced by all that , take em to daycare then to another one at night.
So I thought to look for a full time nanny an adult (prefer older ones;)) to take care of them when we are not home. I have the empty room so should I look for a live in nanny or should I just hire a live out one??
and on average how much should I offer her my girls are one and four years olds

I am pulling my hair all that must be taken care off before June 6 

purplepoet20
May 20th, 2011, 10:22 AM
A live out nanny works best for families, where both parents work or have odd working times...

1. You don't have to be quiet, private, or feel weird in your own house. (run naked if you please :) )
2. If you don't like the nanny after 1 day, 1 month, or even almost a year it is easier to let them go.
3. You don't have to wonder why your kids go to the nanny even when you are home and taking care of them. (I watched my baby bro from birth-3 1/2 fulltime, while homeschooling, and he only came to me and my mom took her anger out on me)
4. If you are not able to find an older nanny you don't have to be concerned about anything while you are away. It is not as common as most think for a husband to cheat with a nanny but it can happen.

Also most older nannies have a house and crabby old man to care for. Older ladies are more like grandmas so they will spoil, love, and cuddy more then a young lady without kids would.

RedCanoe
May 20th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Live out would be my preference for sure, just for privacy reasons, but I think it is much more expensive. With live in you can pay less since you are also including a place to live and food. So I guess it also depends on your budget.

nuthinbutpink
May 20th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I pay $12 per hour and she helps with my baby and 3 year old. No housework at all though. Just watches/feeds the kids when I have to be out.

She does not live with us.

Ashgirl
May 20th, 2011, 02:11 PM
If I ever went the nanny route, I would do live out.

mybluepilot
May 20th, 2011, 05:04 PM
NBP is that on daily basis 10 hrs a day you pay her $12
Oh GOD that would be $600 a week almost half of my paycheck ohhh no
I wad thinking more like $350 a week and $10 per hr on weekend and paid 12 days holiday annually plus 3 bonus per year and a paid week vacation after six months of work
If I came home early she could leave and money won't change
What do u think ladies she has 1 year of nanny experience and worked couple part times in day cares and she is 42