PDA

View Full Version : Which clinic is best for gender selection and embryodonation?

Fia
September 22nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
I'm 42 and live in Sweden with my 4 year old son. We have tried 1,5 years for another baby and will now try to get an embryo donation abroad with PGD and microsorting for gender selection. I have emailed a lot of clinics and almost decided to turn to Dogus in north Cyprus but have heard a lot of negative things about them in these forums. Even Genesis is not rated very high here so I wonder which clinic that is the best for embryo donation with gender selection. I'm not interested in donated embryos from IVF:s but rather would like to do a combined sperm and egg donation.

And I would like to do it this autumn! But it is a difficult decision since it's a lot of money involved and the there is different quality in the clinics. And it's so hard to make an informed choice since the clinics are very proud and confident in themselves and have questionable statistics on their homepages.

So is there anyone that could help me?

We have limited economic resources but would never the less want to choose a clinic with high success rates!

nuthinbutpink
September 22nd, 2013, 08:41 AM
Internationally, Genesis with DE has been used on here and **** has been used with DE. Genesis does a sort.

North Cyprus has a bad reputation but we haven't had anyone go there in a long time.

With DE, your chances should be good. Embio is another clinic. I wouldn't get so caught up in the "spinning". With a good donor, you should have plenty of embryos to work with. You want to go with a proven donor- not a 20 year old that has never done this before.

Fia
September 22nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Internationally, Genesis with DE has been used on here and **** has been used with DE. Genesis does a sort.

North Cyprus has a bad reputation but we haven't had anyone go there in a long time.

With DE, your chances should be good. Embio is another clinic. I wouldn't get so caught up in the "spinning". With a good donor, you should have plenty of embryos to work with. You want to go with a proven donor- not a 20 year old that has never done this before.

Thank you for your answer! What do you mean with "the spinning"? Do you mean that the clinic is not of big importance when it comes to ED (embryo donation) compared with ordinary IVF?

I've been in contact with Embio but gender selection is not legal in Greece. Or have I missed something?

I must say that Julie at Dogus have been very friendly and informative. Of the 10 clinics I've emailed her answer made the top two! But of course I have to weight in other information like on these forums. But I've also found some positive reviews like these: Dogus ivf - Cyprus babies! - BabyCentre (http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a20528805/dogus_ivf)

With a proven donor, is it that the eggs have resulted in pregnancy or is it that an actual baby has been born?

I want to make my decision next week since I'm not getting any younger! The quote about making a cholice is good...I stumbled across it yesterday on another site. But when do I know what is good enough? This drives me crazy!

nuthinbutpink
September 22nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
I mean I would be more concerned with getting info about the donor than I would about sperm spinning/sorting. A proven donor- live birth resulted from her eggs already- is ideally what you want.

We have someone about to cycle with Embio now. I believe they discuss gender selection on their website.

**** it is illegal but they let you select which embryos to transfer there. We have had several cycle there and Dogus and Genesis, it is ok there too.

Dogus has just done silly stuff including posting on here as a "success story" when it was really the lady that works at Dogus.

Fia
September 22nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Hello again!

EmBio discuss gender selection for medical reasons on their homepage, but I don't think they do microsort. Microsorting is good to combine with PGD since there will be more embryos of the desired sex to do PGD on, since some embryos don't make the PGD there will be fewer chances of good quality embryos left after PGD.

When I have asked if they do gender selection they answer very avoident and vaguely. Perhaps family balancing is a medical reason? I've read a lot of good things about them but the price they told me is 12 000 euro with the hotel not included!

I'm also thinking about Unica Clinic in the Czech Republic who only charges 2900 euro. But they don't recommend PGD since it decreases the chances of pregnancy and to get embryos of the desired sex would be a gambeling without microsorting...

It's very difficult to make a decision!!

More help is more than welcome!

nuthinbutpink
September 22nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Yes, I am familiar with Microsort.

What I am saying is that it shouldn't be needed with donor eggs because you should have a transfer no matter what.

You usually get what you pay for in this world. Cheap isn't always better.

You need to become a Dream Member so you can see the past cycle info and the current cyclers. We have someone going to Embio. We have had a few BFPs with DE at Genesis. We haven't had anyone cycle at Dogus.

Petitepuce
September 23rd, 2013, 04:41 AM
Hi Fia,

And what about ********? It seems to be a good clinic. They don't do GS but you can choose the embryo.
Have a look: http://www.myivfalternative.com/

Fia
September 25th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I wonder why everyone is claiming that US is more expensive than Europe? When I check out HRC's homepage the costs are even lower than the clinics in Europe I consider. What did I miss? I have to pay about 13000 euro in Europe but only 10000 dollar (less than 8000 euro) in the US. Treatment Costs | Treatment Options (http://www.havingbabies.com/infertility-treatment/treatment-costs/) Perhaps there is a huge cost for PGD that is not lncluded in the pricelist?

nuthinbutpink
September 25th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I wonder why everyone is claiming that US is more expensive than Europe? When I check out HRC's homepage the costs are even lower than the clinics in Europe I consider. What did I miss? I have to pay about 13000 euro in Europe but only 10000 dollar (less than 8000 euro) in the US. Treatment Costs | Treatment Options (http://www.havingbabies.com/infertility-treatment/treatment-costs/) Perhaps there is a huge cost for PGD that is not lncluded in the pricelist?

I think it's $13,000. I agree. With the exchange rates, you guys get a way better deal than we do!

Fia
September 25th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I think it's $13,000. I agree. With the exchange rates, you guys get a way better deal than we do!

Thanks for your reply! I'm not crazy then :-) But I can't find the cost for embryodonation and PGD so the real cost might be higher. I also wonder why you claim that the success rates are much better in the US? Perhaps they are but how can you tell?

nuthinbutpink
September 25th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks for your reply! I'm not crazy then :-) But I can't find the cost for embryodonation and PGD so the real cost might be higher. I also wonder why you claim that the success rates are much better in the US? Perhaps they are but how can you tell?

I think it depends on the testing you use at the clinic and we haven't had a lot of success Internationally on here. Not near the numbers of US cycles though so hard to say really. There are no verifiable stats Internationally. Here was have the CDC and SART that clinics report to with lots of data. That doesn't exist outside of the US. There are places Internationally where GS is illegal that have superior success rates like Australia but we just haven't seen a lot of success. I know one member is trying Embio soon. It may prove to be an option for International patients.

dfavors
May 17th, 2017, 07:55 AM
I returned back from Crete a month ago. I visited Crete Fertility Centre, which is in Heraklion, Crete. I had egg donation and I am now pregnant. I am very pleased with their professionalism and their treatment. I was in contact with the 24/7 and I did not get stressed at all.

ever hopeful
May 17th, 2017, 08:13 AM
dfavors, many congrats - did you do PDG for GS or just egg donation? x

wendyh
June 14th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Hi, dfavors,
I also had treatment in this centre. I am very happy with them: by their attitude, kindness and professionalism. I was closely followed up by them during the whole procedure despite the geographical distance and they are close to me 24/7. During the treatment, I enjoyed a combination of sun, sea,good food and the procedure. What else could I want?

Maureen
June 27th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Hi, dfavors,
I also had treatment in this centre. I am very happy with them: by their attitude, kindness and professionalism. I was closely followed up by them during the whole procedure despite the geographical distance and they are close to me 24/7. During the treatment, I enjoyed a combination of sun, sea,good food and the procedure. What else could I want?

Hi ladies, I'm starting to think about embryo adoption as I can't really afford another round using donor eggs. Embryo adoption seems to be a lot cheaper. Do any of you ladies know the sucsess rate of this compared to a donor egg cycle?

Girlwish
June 27th, 2017, 04:45 PM
I am almost completely sure that dfavors is an advertisment.....she posted the same message at different threads.....there is also another username (forgot the name have to look it up) who posted similar messages about the Crete clinic.
Could be wrong but I thought you should know xx

Maureen
June 30th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Thanks for letting me know Girlwish. I did pm her to try find out more. No reply so looks like you might be right.

I've been doing more research and so far for gender selection (I will also be using donor eggs, or embryo donation) the best I've found are Baheci and team miracle. Still quite mixed but quite a few bfps. Im really interested in retrofit Brno but I'm not sure they do gender selection, does anyone one know?

It's a minefield

ever hopeful
July 1st, 2017, 04:19 AM
Do not go to R - they were excellent for a while, but because it's illegal in CZ they stopped letting people choose the embryo they wanted to go back, so GS not an option there. They are probably very good for normal IVF. Please also be wary about North Cyprus clinics, lots of horror stories on here, and not sure anyone has been successful with GS here. Again might be different for IVF....Good luck x

Maureen
July 1st, 2017, 09:46 AM
Oh no really �� I know nothen Cyprus use to have a bad reputation but seemes in the last year to have greatly improved, although I might be very wrong. I've seen lots of positive things on fertility friends about team miracle, there looking like the only other alternative to Genesis? Thanks for letting me know about clinic R. Does anyone know anything about Embio? I believe the do gender selection but haven't read anything about them?

Maureen
July 1st, 2017, 09:49 AM
Just a thought, you ladies maybe able to help me with this. I've just had a failed FET. On the day of ovulation my lining was 14. I don't know what it was transfer day but hoping to find out. I guess it could have increased in the 5 days between. I've since read conflicting evidence that a lining 14 and about could have a detrimental effect for implantation. Do any of you have any knowledge on this?

nuthinbutpink
July 1st, 2017, 10:04 AM
Wendyh and dhfavors are both residing in Greece. I'll leave the comments but this IS the internet guys. Anyone can post anything. ��

Babygirlquest
July 1st, 2017, 12:59 PM

Girlwish
July 1st, 2017, 05:13 PM
Sorry Maureen I'm not sure about lining at 14 mms or above but I'm sorry your cycle was not successful. Please be wary of team miracle, they routinely put back for embryos and are still not having that many bfps. Two women there lost all of their triplets and another lady had to selectively reduce quads (one of the triplet losses had been reduced as was originally a quad pregnancy). Transferring more than two embryos will make their bfp rates higher but also increases many other risks, transferring four seems totally immoral to me. Good luck!

Ok now that is just horrible!! Would never go to a clinic who transfers more than 1 or 2 embryo's at a time.