PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Progesterone Suppositories after ovulation?

nancynichols1
September 22nd, 2013, 09:52 PM
I had low progesterone in my last pregnancy thus i'm going to use 100 mg Progesterone suppository every night starting at 2 DPO to increase chance of implantation. Is anyone else doing this or has done it before?

nuthinbutpink
September 22nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
All of us in HT use progesterone. Some do your kind and some do injections.

The suppositories get messy and are leaky but worth it if you need them!

nancynichols1
September 24th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the reply! I realize HT uses them but didn't know if it affects a sway going forward if you don't get BFP. I have read several times it sways pink but have no clue since you are not taking it 2 weeks before conception and it leaves the body 24 hours after last dose. Any thoughts?

atomic sagebrush
September 24th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I do not think it affects swaying in any way. Some people claim that it does but the data is just not there to support it.

mis2ninos
October 7th, 2013, 01:09 AM
I'm using them too! Twice a day but by mouth. I used to think maybe it could sway too but I only use them after O and then I usually get my period after missing a dose 12 days later. Then I stop taking them again until O. Good luck to you!

nancynichols1
October 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Mis2ninos - do you mean that you get your period 12 days after the last dose of progesterone?! I'm so confused because I thought it would make my period 3-5 days late form the date it would normally start. I'm on the 3rd day late and regretting taking them. Let me know what you meant by 12 days later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

mis2ninos
October 7th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Sorry, I didn't type my response very well! I meant 12 days after ovulation - I pm'ed you :)